How long has MC been asleep?

Hey guys, ever since the H4 teaser iv’e been wondering… how long has the MC been in cyrosleep? It’s been confirmed at E3 that he’s been asleep for a while, but how long do you think he’s been asleep? And on a side note how do you think earth’s been doing without him?

My guess is that MC has been asleep for 100 or even 500 years and that the UNSC has been busy making more enhanced spartans (in other words their fine).

Long term responses/opinians are welcome. Thanks.

More like 50 years.

Too long.

I heard 5 years MC been asleep. 100 is pretty crazy. 500 years is a extreme. And there would be no reason for the UNSC to create more spartans since the war’s over and the covenant has made an alliance. just my knowledge.

It would not be possible for Cortana to exist 500 years into the future so I doubt Master Chief has been asleep that long. It has been hinted that Cortana is reaching the early stages of rampancy so my guess would be Chief has been asleep a few years at most.

> It would not be possible for Cortana to exist 500 years into the future so I doubt Master Chief has been asleep that long. It has been hinted that Cortana is reaching the early stages of rampancy so my guess would be Chief has been asleep a few years at most.

Technically, Cortana does have Forerunner technology in her, So it is it not possible that, that same technology is allowing her to Life Longer? What if Cortana purged information during the cryosleep. Store the non essential information on the part of the ship they are on instead of on her matrix. That could in theory allow her to live longer. All she has to go off of is the stuff she has already, Other than the holes in the ship there really isnt anything new she can learn.

There is soo many things AIs can do that we dont know, its possible that there are ways for them to live longer… such as the AI putting itsself into a “Sleep” mode kind of state where nothing happens but the basic files to keep them running. She isn’t really going to be do anything, and it would make sense because she is based off a human mind, and as such isnt immune to emotions that humans get when left alone for long periods of time.

On Topic

I think they have been asleep for 2 or 3 years

The MC is asleep for 3 years now, the game takes place no later than 2556.

Yes, confirmed by the words of Franky.:slight_smile:

I was thinking going in the opposite direction actually. 110,00 BCE During the Human-Flood War that coincides with the Human-Forerunner War. This is inline with Halo Cryptum that 343i was involved with, and it is titled as the “first novel in the Forerunner saga”. So perhaps they are producing these to go along with the Halo 4-6, and MC has traveled back in time somehow to be involved with these wars. It could change the whole timeline for the humans, and instead of loosing their interstellar empire the humans would keep control of it.

We have all read and seen scifi that has instantaneous time travel through wormholes. Don’t know just a thought.

<4

5 minutes…

Cortana: John!

MC: WUTCHU WANT!?!?