How long does it take...

For companies like 343 to make new maps, game types, etc? If things have to be developed from the ground up i would guess things would probably take a couple months to plan, develop, test, patch, and so on.

With a company of their size I think it would only take a few weeks (4-6) to actually do all this. Not like it matters since they basically only make new maps once every blue moon. Most maps are remixes of others.

It took two weeks to make Truth (a remake of a map that had two iterations of it before Halo 5 I might add on) so it’s a lot more then you might think.

It seems like a lot of people think that something happened to the campaign when it was in development. And that when it was released it was not a complete game. So if there were set backs with the development of the campaign then it would be safe to assume the multiplayer development had set backs also. Could that be the reason they are giving out free updates till June to buy themselves time to finish what needs to be finished?

> 2533274807946495;4:
> It seems like a lot of people think that something happened to the campaign when it was in development. And that when it was released it was not a complete game. So if there were set backs with the development of the campaign then it would be safe to assume the multiplayer development had set backs also. Could that be the reason they are giving out free updates till June to buy themselves time to finish what needs to be finished?

something definitely happened to the campaign based on what I read in the past. At some point they drastically changed the plot for the worse and it’s clear they focused way more in MP than single player, a balance that was rather faulty.