How is This Game Anything Like CoD?

Really, I would like to see one person come up with a way this sounds like CoD. Is it because of the progression system? Oh wait that means BF3 is like CoD, that means ME3 is like CoD, hell that means most games are like CoD. Honestly, the only feature I can see that could have been taken from CoD is Instant Respawn and that is such a minor feature it hardly bears mentioning.

People please realise that because the game has a progression system doesn’t make it CoD.

> Is it because of the progression system? Oh wait that means BF3 is like CoD, that means ME3 is like CoD, hell that means most games are like CoD. Honestly, the only feature I can see that could have been taken from CoD is Instant Respawn and that is such a minor feature it hardly bears mentioning.

Instant Respawn
Loadouts
Perks
24/7 Sprint

> > Is it because of the progression system? Oh wait that means BF3 is like CoD, that means ME3 is like CoD, hell that means most games are like CoD. Honestly, the only feature I can see that could have been taken from CoD is Instant Respawn and that is such a minor feature it hardly bears mentioning.
>
> Instant Respawn
> Loadouts
> Perks
> 24/7 Sprint

Loadouts have been used in plenty of games, not just CoD, how do you know they will use it in the same way?

Perks, well if you’re talking about armour abilities then I would like to see you go invisible, fly around or make a decoy of yourself in CoD without hacks

Sprint was used in Halo: Reach and in plenty of other games and so is irrelevant.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

What you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

> > Is it because of the progression system? Oh wait that means BF3 is like CoD, that means ME3 is like CoD, hell that means most games are like CoD. Honestly, the only feature I can see that could have been taken from CoD is Instant Respawn and that is such a minor feature it hardly bears mentioning.
>
> Instant Respawn
> Loadouts
> Perks
> 24/7 Sprint

None originally from COD, or even made popular by COD.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

> What you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Well done you can use internet memes.

>
> Instant Respawn
> Loadouts
> Perks
> 24/7 Sprint

Apparently everything CoD has is horrible, broken filth, no matter how it handles in a completely different game.

I guess Halo 4 shouldn’t have ranks. Or a Multiplayer. Or guns. It shouldn’t even be a game, CoD is a game, that means video games are bad!

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

> What you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Yay! Declarative statements!

It’s got guns and you shoot people! 343 is blatantly ripping this directly from Call of Duty.

> None originally from COD, or even made popular by COD.

I know.

But their implementation just makes it look like 343 is chasing CoD.

> > What you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
>
> Well done you can use internet memes.

Well done, you have no idea what the difference between an internet meme and a quote from a movie is.

>

Well does that change the validity of his point?
No it doesn’t.

And I agree with his point.

>

You sir deserve a (::). You can haz

Seriously? There are tons of reasons for why its like COD. Sure other games have the same elements as cod, but cod popularized those features. Why do most shooters award you a “+10” that pops up on the screen after every kill? Cod made it popular. Halo is going the same route. If 343 makes halo 4 as similar to the most popular shooter franchise ever (COD) they will have a chance at making bank. None of the new options added were to evolve halo. They were added to attract casual gamers and cod fans

When people say “It’s like CoD!” I think they are really trying to say “This is not Halo!”.

> Seriously? There are tons of reasons for why its like COD. Sure other games have the same elements as cod, but cod popularized those features. <mark>Why do most shooters award you a “+10” that pops up on the screen after every kill? Cod made it popular</mark>. Halo is going the same route. If 343 makes halo 4 as similar to the most popular shooter franchise ever (COD) they will have a chance at making bank. None of the new options added were to evolve halo. They were added to attract casual gamers and cod fans

Not, it really didn’t. Gears of War and Battlefield do this. Most of CODs features were stolen from Battlefield, the game that made a lot of these features popular.

Well there’s no prone, no ADS, no insta-kill knife (except the sword), and the loadouts are more similar to Gears than COD. The only similarity is the armor-based gameplay enhancements which I suppose are like perks (although it’s really just the natural progression from Reach’s system) and revolving door lobbies. Neither of those were created nor popularized by COD so I really don’t see it.

> > Seriously? There are tons of reasons for why its like COD. Sure other games have the same elements as cod, but cod popularized those features. <mark>Why do most shooters award you a “+10” that pops up on the screen after every kill? Cod made it popular</mark>. Halo is going the same route. If 343 makes halo 4 as similar to the most popular shooter franchise ever (COD) they will have a chance at making bank. None of the new options added were to evolve halo. They were added to attract casual gamers and cod fans
>
> Not, it really didn’t. Gears of War and Battlefield do this. Most of CODs features were stolen from Battlefield, the game that made a lot of these features popular.

um yes it did. Battlefield and gears started doing it because cod4 did it. nice try

> > > Seriously? There are tons of reasons for why its like COD. Sure other games have the same elements as cod, but cod popularized those features. <mark>Why do most shooters award you a “+10” that pops up on the screen after every kill? Cod made it popular</mark>. Halo is going the same route. If 343 makes halo 4 as similar to the most popular shooter franchise ever (COD) they will have a chance at making bank. None of the new options added were to evolve halo. They were added to attract casual gamers and cod fans
> >
> > Not, it really didn’t. Gears of War and Battlefield do this. Most of CODs features were stolen from Battlefield, the game that made a lot of these features popular.
>
> um yes it did. Battlefield and gears started doing it because cod4 did it. nice try

Arcade games and RPGs had been visually awarding points decades before CoD. And honestly… Who cares? That’s the most minuscule thing you could possibly be concerned about.

> > > > Seriously? There are tons of reasons for why its like COD. Sure other games have the same elements as cod, but cod popularized those features. <mark>Why do most shooters award you a “+10” that pops up on the screen after every kill? Cod made it popular</mark>. Halo is going the same route. If 343 makes halo 4 as similar to the most popular shooter franchise ever (COD) they will have a chance at making bank. None of the new options added were to evolve halo. They were added to attract casual gamers and cod fans
> > >
> > > Not, it really didn’t. Gears of War and Battlefield do this. Most of CODs features were stolen from Battlefield, the game that made a lot of these features popular.
> >
> > um yes it did. Battlefield and gears started doing it because cod4 did it. nice try
>
> Arcade games and RPGs had been visually awarding points decades before CoD. And honestly… Who cares? That’s the most minuscule thing you could possibly be concerned about.

Im not concerned about it lol. I was using that example to make a point. Modern shooters didn’t start visually awarding points because of RPGs. They did it because COD did it. Its not really that hard to figure out and it isn’t much of a secret. Cod raked in TONS of fans. They literally own the shooter market. From a business perspective, the only way to make a profit is to provide a game to customers that they are familiar with. Cod is that game