How is this even possible?

I was playing a game of 1’s earlier and two times in the game the arbiter destroyed my full population of needler grunts and beam rifle jackals including my chieftain.From what certain “High Level” Players have told me on here, I won’t mention names, this apparently is the most effective strat against the arby in 1’s yet it didn’t work at all. Both times i used the plasma grenade ability and micro’d my units, same result each time. The arby raged my entire army, also including my two anti-infantry turrets

So how does a leader like anders or the prophet get nerfed when this game was going strong yet arby players can just use cheap tactics and rage my entire population?

Why? Because they can’t mess with the canon of Halo. The Arbiter ruined Halo 2, he couldn’t be a hero in Halo Wars, he had to ruin that too.

The reason people recommend grunts + jackals is because Arby usually runs out of money raging them all. However, if you leave him until he gets tech 2 rage, he’s going to have tons of money.

As the Brute, get to the arby’s base ASAP, bring in brutes grunts and jackals, He’ll keep raging, just focus down his warehouses and he’ll run out of money. Don’t give him chance to breath, just keep the pressure on. It’s the first few minutes of the game where Arby is weakest. you have to make him spend all his money on rage before he upgrades it.

As for Anders and Prophet, the Anders nerfs were needed, she’s still the best leader in 1s. The Prophet, meh, they ruined my favourite leader, he’s the weakest now with few redeeming qualities, all because on Chasms you could go temple first sell it and beam down your opponents buildings. A real shame that they ducked him over because of one map.

> I was playing a game of 1’s earlier and two times in the game the arbiter destroyed my full population of needler grunts and beam rifle jackals including my chieftain.From what certain “High Level” Players have told me on here, I won’t mention names, this apparently is the most effective strat against the arby in 1’s yet it didn’t work at all. Both times i used the plasma grenade ability and micro’d my units, same result each time. The arby raged my entire army, also including my two anti-infantry turrets
>
> So how does a leader like anders or the prophet get nerfed when this game was going strong yet arby players can just use cheap tactics and rage my entire population?

lol you are probably attacking him waaay too late. Dont build up until you have full pop and then attack, attack him straight way (if there are no hooks on map). The covenant doesnt have a single unit that the arbiter can’t kill when he is upgraded. You can win by damaging his eco from the start or get a massive air lead and keep boosting around.

> I was playing a game of 1’s earlier and two times in the game the arbiter destroyed my full population of needler grunts and beam rifle jackals including my chieftain.From what certain “High Level” Players have told me on here, I won’t mention names, this apparently is the most effective strat against the arby in 1’s yet it didn’t work at all. Both times i used the plasma grenade ability and micro’d my units, same result each time. The arby raged my entire army, also including my two anti-infantry turrets
>
> So how does a leader like anders or the prophet get nerfed when this game was going strong yet arby players can just use cheap tactics and rage my entire population?

Grunts are useless… Ask your friends to bring their scorpions and to shoot the “electricity” thing that prevents covenant leader both fleeing by teleporting and using thei special attacks such as rage. It also helps if you have jackals.

1v1 I dunno wat to do. Just pray.

Hall works against an arbiter in the early game.

Hall 5th recycle temple or 6th+7th inheritance behind a brute rush. Stay on his base, get inheritance, brutes, etc.

haha yeah playing against the arby in 1’s is rough. I just played one where i made 67 units and the arby only had 2, the ghost and the arby. And i lost 57 of the 67 grunt and brute squads but it worked. The arby can rage down brute squads in one hit but a grunt squad upgraded to peons takes 3 rage hits… Im slowly learning that my initial rush as brute will just get raged down so i need to get about 25 units to hold down his base so he can’t rage all my units down.

@khimaros: I rushed a few times against arby players but got raged down hard :confused:

this was the game where i finally got the edge on the arby in 1s: Halo - Official Site (en)

Why are you not going temple 1st against an Arbiter? Temple first, build brutes on the way to his base, unlock, kill upcoming supply pads, he has no money to rage you, win.

Especially when the guy is an idiot like in that link and goes temple 1st as Arbiter.

> Why are you not going temple 1st against an Arbiter? Temple first, build brutes on the way to his base, unlock, kill upcoming supply pads, he has no money to rage you, win.
>
> Especially when the guy is an idiot like in that link and goes temple 1st as Arbiter.

^^^ This. Going temple 3rd with the brute is giving the arbiter an extra minute to save money and collect crates to rage you down.

That said, glad you beat an Arbiter! Keep playing, remember that without supply pads the arbiter is useless. Nice to see you spammed the c**p out of plasma 'nades too! :smiley:

A tip that might help you: Try to get your Chief in between two supply pads, facing arby’s base, so that when you brutes teleport in, they are right in the gap and the arbiter can’t get to them to rage. Using the Chief to shield your incoming brutes like this wastes a ton of money he can’t afford to be without and it’s gg.

Also, if you’re struggling for money when you go temple first, remember you have your chopper to collect crates.

double post…

No such thing as a cheap tactic in an RTS game.

I’d love to play 1v1 but sadly, no.

I play arbitar all the time and I just get rushed in a 1v1. either because I’m the arbitar or people naturally rush in a 1v1.

all I can say is arbitar is at his best mid/late game because of his rage. If you let him get his rage upgraded (which doesn’t take that long if he focuses on it) then you’re in for a hard time even if he hasn’t got any units.

When I say mid game as well I mean around the 10 minute mark.