How is Infection Fun?

Hello everyone, I would like to know what is so fun about infection? I understand that some people really like to play it and that they probably also party up to enjoy it. I have tried doing that and I just don’t see how it is fun. Is there something that i’m missing? I don’t find camping fun and I wish to understand why people wanted this game type in the first place?

It’s fun in Custom Games (but people have been lazy, not making any good ones lately)

The adrenaline rush is crazy and it’s so satisfying killing so many zombies in a row

The only thing I don’t like about Infection in Halo 5: Guardians is that there are other weapons than the shotgun on the maps. The assault rifle I don’t mind but when you have other weapons such as the DMR and the Halo: Combat Evolved magnum (and the rocket launcher) it does tend to make things unfair on the zombies at times, especially when the survivors are grouped together and the zombies lack of ability to sprint.

If you’re constantly camping in one spot you’re doing it wrong. I personally find that it’s best to stay in one spot until the zombies discover you, then kill them and move on. It makes you harder to track down and thus keeps you alive longer. I think it’s also worth noting that getting to a spot that only has a single entrance/exit is not necessarily a good thing especially in the endgame. To quote one of Murphy’s military laws, “Make it too tough for the enemy to get in, and you won’t be able to get out”. If you want to survive in Infection you should always have an escape plan.

> 2533274791752001;2:
> It’s fun in Custom Games (but people have been lazy, not making any good ones lately)

I’ve been quite busy making some maps and gametypes, both new and remakes such as

Underground - Map
Predator - Map / Predator - Gamemode
Skyward Highway - Map / Just Keep Driving - Gamemode(Still tweaking the gamemodes!)

I’m currently in the middle of remaking my remake of boardwalk from reach, but after that I plan on finishing Halo Deluxe and making Hot Pursuit and Blackout (Blackout’s a series of maps I made back in Halo 4)

Every one just a camps

It’s not fun waiting in a room until you’re the last one standing. It’s fun holding out in a position that zombies come to. I would recommend getting to high ground with a couple of sidelines but not enough for a zombie to sneak up on you. Just enough that you can monitor. It gets fun when you’re part of the last group and zombies just rush you on all sides and you survive.

infection is pants

> 2533274902088532;1:
> Hello everyone, I would like to know what is so fun about infection? I understand that some people really like to play it and that they probably also party up to enjoy it. I have tried doing that and I just don’t see how it is fun. Is there something that i’m missing? I don’t find camping fun and I wish to understand why people wanted this game type in the first place?

The fun is in getting it in your head that you’re a survivor in a zombie outbreak. Experiencing fear at the sight of that green cloud. Looking at your radar as it tells you just above your head there are more zombies than you could ever hope to deal with. It’s hearing gunshots followed by a sudden terrifying new infection sound as you see another red x on your HUD. It’s franticaly searching the map for ammo, hoping you find a gun before the infected find you.
It’s feeling like a badass as not one, not two, but five undead drop at your feet.

It’s reveling in being a monster, an unstoppable force. The humans have to win every fight, every time. You just have to win once. It’s the dark satisfaction of cutting down a human who still had dreams of surviving, who thought they’d picked a great spot to hold out. It’s outwitting them, with all their weapons and you without so much as shields. It’s finding those guys who feel invincible and letting them know whose house their in.

It’s good clean fun.

Its the most fun when you get last man standing

Halo 5 infections would be better.

If the shotgun was still the primary weapon.
(More than one clip)

The Halo Universe is vast and dynamic… People have different likes and dislikes as crazy as that sounds. Just because you don’t like something doesn’t meant others can’t like it. I don’t like infection, swat or most objective game modes. But just because I don’t like them doesn’t mean I want to see them removed or not be apart of Halo.

> 2533274891745993;10:
> > 2533274902088532;1:
> > Hello everyone, I would like to know what is so fun about infection? I understand that some people really like to play it and that they probably also party up to enjoy it. I have tried doing that and I just don’t see how it is fun. Is there something that i’m missing? I don’t find camping fun and I wish to understand why people wanted this game type in the first place?
>
>
> The fun is in getting it in your head that you’re a survivor in a zombie outbreak. Experiencing fear at the sight of that green cloud. Looking at your radar as it tells you just above your head there are more zombies than you could ever hope to deal with. It’s hearing gunshots followed by a sudden terrifying new infection sound as you see another red x on your HUD. It’s franticaly searching the map for ammo, hoping you find a gun before the infected find you.
> It’s feeling like a badass as not one, not two, but five undead drop at your feet.
>
> It’s reveling in being a monster, an unstoppable force. The humans have to win every fight, every time. You just have to win once. It’s the dark satisfaction of cutting down a human who still had dreams of surviving, who thought they’d picked a great spot to hold out. It’s outwitting them, with all their weapons and you without so much as shields. It’s finding those guys who feel invincible and letting them know whose house their in.
>
> It’s good clean fun.

A like from me good sir

> 2533274863140813;9:
> infection is pants

Infect a survivorTop Infected medal earners:

1. Ephrya: 1,195
  2. DiscoToaster111: 1,098
  3. Fluttershy Myst: 1,016

The fact that I made it to the top 3 in the world for infecting people. I love the new infection, been playing for days. Mainly aiming for first strikes. The camping isn’t such a bad thing, as long as you know to use your stabilizers and longer lunge.

> 2533274902088532;1:
> Hello everyone, I would like to know what is so fun about infection? I understand that some people really like to play it and that they probably also party up to enjoy it. I have tried doing that and I just don’t see how it is fun. Is there something that i’m missing? I don’t find camping fun and I wish to understand why people wanted this game type in the first place?

To me it’s a crap game of hide’n’seek.
You go find a hiding place(camping) and when your found you then go looking for other campers to prove their just as bad as you at camping!

> 2535430931286924;16:
> > 2533274902088532;1:
> > Hello everyone, I would like to know what is so fun about infection? I understand that some people really like to play it and that they probably also party up to enjoy it. I have tried doing that and I just don’t see how it is fun. Is there something that i’m missing? I don’t find camping fun and I wish to understand why people wanted this game type in the first place?
>
>
> To me it’s a crap game of hide’n’seek.
> You go find a hiding place(camping) and when your found you then go looking for other campers to prove their just as bad as you at camping!

Unless you’re NOT camping and you find someone being the ultimate badass taking on every zombie head to head. I’ve done that many times.

> 2533275018690103;17:
> > 2535430931286924;16:
> > > 2533274902088532;1:
> > > Hello everyone, I would like to know what is so fun about infection? I understand that some people really like to play it and that they probably also party up to enjoy it. I have tried doing that and I just don’t see how it is fun. Is there something that i’m missing? I don’t find camping fun and I wish to understand why people wanted this game type in the first place?
> >
> >
> > To me it’s a crap game of hide’n’seek.
> > You go find a hiding place(camping) and when your found you then go looking for other campers to prove their just as bad as you at camping!
>
>
> Unless you’re NOT camping and you find someone being the ultimate badass taking on every zombie head to head. I’ve done that many times.

But lets face to you still hide most of the time ?

> 2535430931286924;18:
> > 2533275018690103;17:
> > > 2535430931286924;16:
> > > > 2533274902088532;1:
> > > > Hello everyone, I would like to know what is so fun about infection? I understand that some people really like to play it and that they probably also party up to enjoy it. I have tried doing that and I just don’t see how it is fun. Is there something that i’m missing? I don’t find camping fun and I wish to understand why people wanted this game type in the first place?
>
>
> But lets face to you still hide most of the time ?

Oh god yes. I go crazy sometimes and go hunting zombies but most of the time I like setting up a spot to defend. When I’m infected I’m very actively hunting sneaky ways to take down the humans

HOW IS INFECTION FUN? i’ts not fun ( for me ) .
oK , maybe sometimes it is fun as a custom games with friends