How is Halo 4 a COD Clone???

Many hate Halo 4 cause according to them, it’s ‘just a COD clone’ and give it stupid names like ‘Halo Duty 4’ or ‘Call of Halo 4’.
HOW IS HALO 4 LIKE COD!?!?!?

If anything, it’s more a Halo game than Halo 5 is. Halo 5, as much as I love it, is pretty much an Advanced Warfare clone in my eyes thanks to it’s EXO Suit-esque thruster pack.

Also, loadouts, weapon drops and sprint DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY MAKE A SHOOTER INTO COD!!! OTHER SHOOTERS HAVE HAD THESE FEATURES BEFORE COD DID AND MANY SHOOTERS OTHER THAN COD WILL HAVE THEM FOR YEARS TO COME!!!

Edit; If you go on and on about perks, then need I remind you that Star Wars: Battlefront has them, as does Titanfall. Hell, the armour mods in Halo 5 are basically perks.

Second edit; As for flinch, I prefer that to stupid de-scoping!!!

Mod edit: Moved to Halo 4 from Support

Modders, could you please lock this thread and reopen the copy of it in the General Discussion section (I posted this one in the wrong section LOL. Meant to post it in the Halo 4 section.)

Edit; Cheers mods.

Seriously, if you’re gonna lock a copy of a thread, why didn’t you lock the copy that is in the wrong section AND has had no responses???

Edit; Again, cheers mods.

> 2535445800682170;3:
> Seriously, if you’re gonna lock a copy of a thread, why didn’t you lock the copy that is in the wrong section AND has had no responses???

Woo-sah, OP.

To answer your original question - It’s a “CoD clone” because of what you said - customizable loadouts, sprint, and killstreaks.

Sure, other games have them (Medal of Honor, Titanfall, Battlefield), but it’s something that was brand new to Halo and something it never had to that extent before. Basically, it borrowed things from other games (namely CoD, which is the game to popularize such aspects of multiplayer FPS’s), which it never really needed to, and upset the fanbase because it wasn’t true to the roots or cornerstone on which Halo was built.

Mother of god dude, you need to chill. I swear every single 343 fanboy is like this haha. Anyways, I don’t know why people say it’s a COD clone. It’s a terrible Halo game, but I don’t think it’s like COD.

> 2535449082866631;5:
> Mother of god dude, you need to chill. I swear every single 343 fanboy is like this haha. Anyways, I don’t know why people say it’s a COD clone. It’s a terrible Halo game, but I don’t think it’s like COD.

I’m SO not a 343 fanboy. I think Halo 5 is the worst Halo ever. Plus, I thought Nightfall was a pile of -Yoink-.

Why do other opinions bother you? If you don’t think it’s like COD and want to play it, so be it!

> 2533274795938680;7:
> Why do other opinions bother you? If you don’t think it’s like COD and want to play it, so be it!

Whenever you hear hoards of people rambling something that you believe is not true for several years, it tends to get annoying, to say the least.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274978553590;8:
> > 2533274795938680;7:
> > Why do other opinions bother you? If you don’t think it’s like COD and want to play it, so be it!
>
> Whenever you hear hoards of people rambling something that you believe is not true for several years, it tends to get annoying, to say the least.

Thank you!!! You understand!!! Being told incessantly that you’re wrong for liking what you like can REALLY p**s you off!!!
Not very relevant, but I get it a lot, most recently over my favourite film.

Preach brother! Halo 4 is nowhere close to CoD. People just like to complain.

halo 4 is in anyway like cod at all I know because I love both equally and can tell the difference the people who don’t like say it’s awful or it’s the worse halo because either they suck at it, don’t like change period, and just like complain about for complain sakes. besides most not all of the halo community is spoiled and ungrateful anyway.

Why is Halo a COD clone? Or COD a Halo clone? SImple.
They’re both of the same genre: First Person Shooters. Therefore, they have many similarities in function and look. Therefore, Halo is a COD clone (if you’re mad at Halo) or COD is a Halo clone (if you’re mad at COD).
And since i hate acronyms without context… Call Of Duty… COD

I don’t personally think it is a COD clone. What 343i did is add elements of modern shooters into Halo, and most modern shooters is trying to get a chunk of the fan base COD has, because they sell a lot.
While the gameplay is different from the trilogy, and has elements of modern shooters, it has a different feel and pacing. If you play a game of Halo 4, and than play bo2, they feel like completely different games, the main similarity is the sprint.

It isn’t bad to take elements from other games, but what’s important is if the games keep their own identity, while improving over time.

Halo CE has elements of doom and marathon, that doesn’t make it a doom clone.

What the important question is: Does Halo still have it’s identity, or is it lost in the genre of all the other shooters? Halo CE-3 wasn’t, but is Halo 4? I’m not the right to say.

The only similarities are the 12 year old kids screaming into the mic…

I don’t know. Just humans trying to find something too complain about.

> 2533274936061591;14:
> The only similarities are the 12 year old kids screaming into the mic…

Fun too hear though!