♲How is 343 going to maintain Halo 5's population♲

Custom Game Browser: This would add a huge replay value to Halo. You would be exposed to the community and their imaginations and company. You can have public or private lobby’s and such.

Here is an example from this amazing game called Plazma Burst that you can play at Plazmaburst2.com. I think this game was inspired by Halo. It also features online Multiplayer: Click Here [Picture]

Clan Support: Why has this been absent from Halo since Halo 2? Does 343 not realize how important this feature is. I feel so drained about asking for this every freaking time a new Halo is going to release! Imagine having a ally list and an enemy list. Imagine have feuds and challenging other clans that think they are better then yours… IMAGINEEE

Here is an example from this picture I found representing an in-game Clan System: Click Here [Picture]

> 2533274879837198;1:
> Custom Game Browser: This would add a huge replay value to Halo. You would be exposed to the community and their imaginations and company. You can have public or private lobby’s and such.
>
> Here is an example from this amazing game called Plazma Burst that you can play at Plazmaburst2.com. I think this game was inspired by Halo. It also features online Multiplayer: Click Here [Picture]

somebody on the halo 5 forums posted a thread with the idea of custom games matchmaking and got somebody at 343i to respond and say that it probably won’t be in halo 5 but potentially in future titles.

> 2533274884665671;2:
> > 2533274879837198;1:
> > Custom Game Browser: This would add a huge replay value to Halo. You would be exposed to the community and their imaginations and company. You can have public or private lobby’s and such.
> >
> > Here is an example from this amazing game called Plazma Burst that you can play at Plazmaburst2.com. I think this game was inspired by Halo. It also features online Multiplayer: Click Here [Picture]
>
>
> somebody on the halo 5 forums posted a thread with the idea of custom games matchmaking and got somebody at 343i to respond and say that it probably won’t be in halo 5 but potentially in future titles.

Yeah, such an idea has been suggested a lot over the years, even back in Bungie’s day. I don’t have much faith it will be incorporated anytime soon, but a real 343 response is encouraging.

I think a good idea to promote the game is to have online tournaments in various game types, and skill brackets monthly. It could require x amount of games played that month to qualify for the tournament (to prevent people sucking to play against lower skill brackets). The top 10 people in each skill bracket could get Halo gear, or something like that. Another way to keep people playing the game is to have A LOT of game types for everything. People who play Halo do not want to just shoot, and kill each other believe or not. They can have a community weekly game type voted by the fans (this would be made from a fan in forge). They have many ways they can keep the community together. Coming out with funky campaign missions that are focused on difficulty, and some more one fun would help too. Just a few ideas though.

> 2533274792737987;4:
> I think a good idea to promote the game is to have online tournaments in various game types, and skill brackets monthly. It could require x amount of games played that month to qualify for the tournament (to prevent people sucking to play against lower skill brackets). The top 10 people in each skill bracket could get Halo gear, or something like that. Another way to keep people playing the game is to have A LOT of game types for everything. People who play Halo do not want to just shoot, and kill each other believe or not. They can have a community weekly game type voted by the fans (this would be made from a fan in forge). They have many ways they can keep the community together. Coming out with funky campaign missions that are focused on difficulty, and some more one fun would help too. Just a few ideas though.

Online tournaments isn’t a good idea…

Remember the National Championship Tournament, and how many people cheated?

> 2533274884665671;2:
> > 2533274879837198;1:
> > Custom Game Browser: This would add a huge replay value to Halo. You would be exposed to the community and their imaginations and company. You can have public or private lobby’s and such.
> >
> > Here is an example from this amazing game called Plazma Burst that you can play at Plazmaburst2.com. I think this game was inspired by Halo. It also features online Multiplayer: Click Here [Picture]
>
>
> somebody on the halo 5 forums posted a thread with the idea of custom games matchmaking and got somebody at 343i to respond and say that it probably won’t be in halo 5 but potentially in future titles.

frfr! do you know how I can see this? I know now its going to be in Halo 6

It’s not.

They alienated a large chunk of the Halo fanbase, the game isn’t close enough to COD to grab those people, and it’s too generic to grab fans outside of these fanbases.

> 2535458654857735;7:
> It’s not.
>
> They alienated a large chunk of the Halo fanbase, the game isn’t close enough to COD to grab those people, and it’s too generic to grab fans outside of these fanbases.

Equal starts, weapons placed on-map, and energy shields are generic qualities of FPS titles?

> 2535440283237581;8:
> > 2535458654857735;7:
> > It’s not.
> >
> > They alienated a large chunk of the Halo fanbase, the game isn’t close enough to COD to grab those people, and it’s too generic to grab fans outside of these fanbases.
>
>
> Equal starts, weapons placed on-map, and energy shields are generic qualities of FPS titles?

Evidently.

I really hope there is some sort of clan integration into Halo 5 because I absolutely loved clans in Halo Reach and I guess in Halo 4. If there was some sort of support for them in game, it would make clans 10x better. People could set allies and enemies, have challenges, declare wars etc. Even a ranked leader board or so on where people could find clans. I think they should really add in game clan support. The game would live and thrive even more with this feature added.

> 2535458654857735;7:
> It’s not.
>
> They alienated a large chunk of the Halo fanbase, the game isn’t close enough to COD to grab those people, and it’s too generic to grab fans outside of these fanbases.

Even though the beta received huge praise?

People here are saying “Oh, Halo is dead and too much like COD now, the community will die.”

People don’t realize this isn’t the reason Halo 4 was a failure. Instead, lack of community involvement, lack of developer input, and lack of content/updates killed Halo 4.

In order for Halo to end up back on top 343 needs to get the community involved again. Halo 4 launched with Terrible weapon balance and it took 343 about a year to fix it. If you ask me, that’s 11 months too long. We were stuck playing the same terrible maps throughout the games lifecycle. There were weekly/monthly contests or favorites/best of’s. The game came out, and that’s it, there was little to no community involvement on the developer’s part.

> 2751082808091078;12:
> People here are saying “Oh, Halo is dead and too much like COD now, the community will die.”
>
> People don’t realize this isn’t the reason Halo 4 was a failure. Instead, lack of community involvement, lack of developer input, and lack of content/updates killed Halo 4.
>
> In order for Halo to end up back on top 343 needs to get the community involved again. Halo 4 launched with Terrible weapon balance and it took 343 about a year to fix it. If you ask me, that’s 11 months too long. We were stuck playing the same terrible maps throughout the games lifecycle. There were weekly/monthly contests or favorites/best of’s. The game came out, and that’s it, there was little to no community involvement on the developer’s part.

343 needs to get the community involved again…

Ha, what community?

You’re asking for a miracle.

Halo’s clan scene has been dead for years.

> 2535440283237581;8:
> > 2535458654857735;7:
> > It’s not.
> >
> > They alienated a large chunk of the Halo fanbase, the game isn’t close enough to COD to grab those people, and it’s too generic to grab fans outside of these fanbases.
>
>
>
>
> Equal starts, weapons placed on-map, and energy shields are generic qualities of FPS titles?

Rebounding health is industry standard. How they tie it into the lore of the game is largely irrelevant as it works the exact same way it does in other games.

Having equal starts and weapon pick ups is not enough to differentiate the game as every other part of the game is beyond generic.

> 2533274857398125;11:
> > 2535458654857735;7:
> > It’s not.
> >
>
>
> Even though the beta received huge praise?

From whom? I saw very mixed reviews.

> 2535440283237581;8:
> > 2535458654857735;7:
> > It’s not.
> >
>
>

exact opposite of the definition of generic

> 2535458654857735;15:
> > 2535440283237581;8:
> > > 2535458654857735;7:
> > > It’s not.
> > >
> > > They alienated a large chunk of the Halo fanbase, the game isn’t close enough to COD to grab those people, and it’s too generic to grab fans outside of these fanbases.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Equal starts, weapons placed on-map, and energy shields are generic qualities of FPS titles?
>
>
>
>
> Rebounding health is industry standard. How they tie it into the lore of the game is largely irrelevant as it works the exact same way it does in other games.
>
> Having equal starts and weapon pick ups is not enough to differentiate the game as every other part of the game is beyond generic.

Rebounding health is indeed an industry standard, but what energy shields mean for Halo’s gameplay (longer kill-times and not killing with 1-2 headshot from every weapon) is not.

Having equal starts and weapon pick-ups are widely-regarded as crucial for Halo, and you’re just going to disregard them because other aspects of the game are present in others…

Okay. If those aren’t enough to differentiate H5 from it’s competition, what about weapon launching? Alien weaponry? A high-quality campaign/story? Forge? Theatre?