How important is Halo 5?

For the Halo Franchise, it’s a sequel to a game that fell short of reinvigorating Halo and facilitating a multiplayer community for an extended period. This is 343is 2nd game in the Reclaimer trilogy, if it flops, people will presume Halo 4 didnt disappoint due to it being 343is first mainline Halo title, and that the standard has simply been lowered, jeopardising quality expectations for Halo 6 and beyond . Could impact sales of future Halos heavily.

For Xbox, it’s the big flagship exclusive till Gears drops, very significant title in driving hardware sales. H5’s long-term sales success is all dependent on whether people keep playing. With Xbox on the back foot, a good Halo title would help the console’s marketability.

So essentially, this is the most important Halo ever, in my eyes. A lot is riding on it’s success.

What do you think?

Halo 5 is extremely vital. If it is real bad or broken at launch, a lot of people will never buy another Halo game for a long time.

There’s a lot riding on Halo 5. If it fails, Halo is most likely doomed. However, I think 343 knows that, and will put their all into Halo 5.

> 2533274877056440;2:
> Halo 5 is extremely vital. If it is real bad or broken at launch, a lot of people will never buy another Halo game for a long time.

Agreed, sad thing is I’m skeptical of the MP design choices and H5’s ability to hold a long term population as a result, but dissecting 343i’s vision is for another thread.

It definitely is vital. I personally liked Halo 4 due to its story… while many disliked H4 due to its multiplayer… Plus MCC was a disaster. Many people are waitng to see if Halo 5 is the tipping point.

While I’m not too sure if the Halo 5 multiplayer is going to sustain high population (not a multiplayer guy), I am sure Halo 5 will have an amazing story… Possibly the best one yet. 343i’s weakness seems to be the multiplayer area. While their strength seems to derive from storytelling.

We really need a stable launch week. That should be 343’s top priority IMO: Just making sure things don’t break.

I think 343 has already isolated many die hard Halo fans, who will not purchase another $ from 343 due to the inherent middle finger 343 gave to generation Halo CE-3 players on MCC and how they developed H4 to be like the (hotly debated) Halo: Reach version.
If 343 keeps H5 like H4 and Reach, with abilities and sprint and such- this game will fail within 6 months of launch. Too many similar games out there that players can play. Tom Clancy, COD, BF to name a few. Halo should return to it’s precious competitive/social aspect of tactical gameplay and control/positioning on a map. Not an all out sprint to the opponents face with a shotgun/sword combo.

It is very important. It could be the “Halo 2” moment of their studio and franchise. It’s got a lot of motion behind it. Moving from a ambitious but ultimately faulty collection of the 4 MC games to a relatively smooth Beta, with the expansion of the story. The excellent marketing campaign with Hunt the Truth and Signal have achived a lot of attention for the game that eclipses the " I Love Bees" stunt that Bungie did almost 11 years ago. Now the question is; will it pay off?

A smooth launch and a high to very high retention value with the game design is the heart of Halo 5. If either of these two things is not fulfilled, than 343 and Microsoft will be in big trouble.

> 2535439459177473;8:
> It is very important. It could be the “Halo 2” moment of their studio and franchise. It’s got a lot of motion behind it. Moving from a ambitious but ultimately faulty collection of the 4 MC games to a relatively smooth Beta, with the expansion of the story. The excellent marketing campaign with Hunt the Truth and Signal have achived a lot of attention for the game that eclipses the " I Love Bees" stunt that Bungie did almost 11 years ago. Now the question is; will it pay off?
>
> A smooth launch and a high to very high retention value with the game design is the heart of Halo 5. If either of these two things is not fulfilled, than 343 and Microsoft will be in big trouble.

It better pay off, or I’ll never purchase a game 343 touches, ever.

It’s absolutely pivotal. As the second installment of a trilogy, Halo 2 brought the Xbox Live party system, 1-50 ranking system, the longest campaign, vehicle hijacking, and playable Elites to the table at launch - many Halo fans despise it to this day, but the population stayed hyped long enough for Halo 3 to come along.

Halo 5 is going to have to bring even more to the table just to break even with the fans, and to maintain a healthy population until Halo 6 (because a LOT of them have left the series.)

For a lot of people 343 has 2 strikes halo 4 and the mcc a third bad launch/game in a row could be drastic. However based on the beta and hunt the truth I am not worried.

If they actually manage to mess up a pretty solid game from what ive played in the beta id be surprised.

honestly I did like halo 4 but MCC was a HUGE disappointment and if halo 5 falls short idk if i can support the game anymore

> 2533274796617122;1:
> For the Halo Franchise, it’s a sequel to a game that fell short of reinvigorating Halo and facilitating a multiplayer community for an extended period. This is 343is 2nd game in the Reclaimer trilogy, if it flops, people will presume Halo 4 didnt disappoint due to it being 343is first mainline Halo title, and that the standard has simply been lowered, jeopardising quality expectations for Halo 6 and beyond . Could impact sales of future Halos heavily.
>
> For Xbox, it’s the big flagship exclusive till Gears drops, very significant title in driving hardware sales. H5’s long-term sales success is all dependent on whether people keep playing. With Xbox on the back foot, a good Halo title would help the console’s marketability.
>
> So essentially, this is the most important Halo ever, in my eyes. A lot is riding on it’s success.
>
> What do you think?

I feel like 343 feels like this is true too. Thus why 343 is hyping this a lot with the whole “hunt the truth” and Chief turning against UNSC story lines.

> 2533274800853433;7:
> I think 343 has already isolated many die hard Halo fans, who will not purchase another $ from 343 due to the inherent middle finger 343 gave to generation Halo CE-3 players on MCC and how they developed H4 to be like the (hotly debated) Halo: Reach version.
> If 343 keeps H5 like H4 and Reach, with abilities and sprint and such- this game will fail within 6 months of launch. Too many similar games out there that players can play. Tom Clancy, COD, BF to name a few. Halo should return to it’s precious competitive/social aspect of tactical gameplay and control/positioning on a map. Not an all out sprint to the opponents face with a shotgun/sword combo.

I Dont agree reach was my favorite halo with 4 in second place and i have been here since HCE when i was 8

While it’s pivotal, Halo: CE was the most important IMO. Halo: CE not only established the franchise, it is the reason the XBox was ever a success in my opinion. Had Halo: CE been a failure, there never would have been a Halo 2, 3, etc. or even an XBox 360 perhaps…

> 2533274796617122;4:
> > 2533274877056440;2:
> > Halo 5 is extremely vital. If it is real bad or broken at launch, a lot of people will never buy another Halo game for a long time.
>
>
> Agreed, sad thing is I’m skeptical of the MP design choices and H5’s ability to hold a long term population as a result, but dissecting 343i’s vision is for another thread.

I’d look forward to such a thread.