How I would've done each spartan's unique traits

It’s cool how they are giving the spartans different traits in campaign but if was doing it, instead of the somewhat simplified approach they are taking, I would take it further & make it more nuanced:

Each spartan in campaign would have have anywhere between a 0%-15% or maybe 20% boost in each of following parameters, tailored to match each spartan’s attributes according to lore & to give each spartan a unique feel while playing:

-max shields
-shield recharge speed
-shield recharge delay

-max health
-health regen speed
-health regen delay

-melee damage
-melee cooldown (amount of time between consecutive melees)

-grenade throw cooldown (amount of time between consecutive grenade throws)

-max walk speed/max sprint speed
-Sprint acceleration rate

-reload speed
-weapon switch speed
-aiming speed

-radar range

-minimum reticle size aka max accuracy w/automatics
-spread reduction w/ automatics

-etc., etc, etc

So take Spartan Vale for example. Instead of her being the only one of Osiris with a speed boost & everyone else having the same exact speed, have the other spartans have very slightly different speeds within a few percents of eachother while Vale is still the fastest by a big margin.

Each spartan will have their standout stats where they get the biggest most noticeable boost, but they will have other smaller differences from each other as well.

Seems better to me than just slapping a couple big stat boosts on each spartan & calling it a day.

I don’t know, that reminds me too much of Destiny. For campaign I suppose that would be fine, but in multiplayer I like that everyone has the same abilities. It makes for a more balanced, fair experience. Can’t wait to play Halo 5!

im not sure about that myself

> 2533274961306591;2:
> I don’t know, that reminds me too much of Destiny. For campaign I suppose that would be fine, but in multiplayer I like that everyone has the same abilities. It makes for a more balanced, fair experience. Can’t wait to play Halo 5!

I’m talking about campaign.

Does anyone know what all of the unique traits are? Have they been confirmed somewhere? I thought the idea was a cool nod to us lore fans.

> 2533274805784953;5:
> Does anyone know what all of the unique traits are? Have they been confirmed somewhere? I thought the idea was a cool nod to us lore fans.

Kelly/Vale move faster. Chief/Buck have higher melee damage (Buck also has more Spartan charge and ground pound damage). Fred can carry extra grenades. Tanaka has a greater motion tracker range. Linda can use her motion tracker while smart scoping. I know this may be incomplete, but it’s all I can remember. I’m not sure about Lockes traits (faster stabilizer/thruster recharge?)