How (I think) Mark V Should Be Handled

So, we’ve all heard of it. The Mark V, the armor dawned by the legendary Spartan II’s. It’s become a fan favorite, a beloved classic, and all around a neat looking armor. Now I know what you’re thinking, “But Zack, Mark V is already in Halo 5” and I’m here to say yeah, it kinda is, but where they have confirmed other variants of Mark V are coming, I would like to steer them in the right direction.

We have so many skins and variants of the Mark VI, and let’s be honest, we’ve merely glanced at some of them because they’re so similar and they drown each other out, so I would like to avoid making the same skin mistake for Mark V if it is at all possible. My proposal is that we have three sets or Mark V, and make them as follows:

Mark V Alpha: Our current Gen II reproduction that emulates the Mark V design, as seen here: Mark V Alpha
This armor emulates the body rather well, truth be told, but the helmet has earned the rather loving nickname: The Crimson Chin, so you can see why a lot of fans are unsatisfied with it.

Mjolnir Mark V: A true, and faithful design, not based upon the generation one armor, this would be the real deal. Straight out of the Combat Evolved cookbook, this generation one set could be modified internally to work with Gen II systems. #FirmwareUpdate :wink:

One fan even went so far as to show it can be done on Halo 5’s art direction and character models, as seen here: The Comparison and rework VS Mark V Alpha (My god that armor looks good.)

Gen II Mark V: This can be 343i’s home brew, I suggest using the model crafted for Combat Evolved Anniversary or Halo 4 for this fella. The name is fitting, as it was produced on the second generation of Xbox, and the design is not quite accurate to the original Mark V. Key area like the shoulders, calves and knee pads are just off on this design, but it’s Gorgeous none the less.

So tell me Halo community, how fo you feel Mark V should be tackled?

Pretty much like that. So MK V [A] is a variant of the GEN2 suit.

Love how everyone’s using tekkacores pic lol its just that good, 343 should hire or pay deviantarts artist for their work and use them in game.

Anyway, it just baffles me how 343i went ahead with the Mark V [A] design, they knew no one would like it, even the description they didn’t know why it was made to look like that. All they had to do was copy/paste the armor from Halo 4 like they did with many others and it would have been fine.

What can I say, tekkacores design is flawless. It’s a faithful reproductions, on the Halo 5 undersuit.

Personally I think they should just use the same model from Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, like they did with Halo 4.

> 2533274914688026;5:
> Personally I think they should just use the same model from Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, like they did with Halo 4.

Why not have all three? :blush: The more the merrier.

> 2533274914688026;5:
> Personally I think they should just use the same model from Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, like they did with Halo 4.

Agreed. I also like how that version has the ammo pouches around the waist and the helmet just looks miles better imo.

> 2533274799153651;7:
> > 2533274914688026;5:
> > Personally I think they should just use the same model from Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, like they did with Halo 4.
>
>
> Agreed. I also like how that version has the ammo pouches around the waist and the helmet just looks miles better imo.

The CEA/ Halo 4 was my favorite to date, but there are subtle details missing that bothered me, I’m hoping they make it as accurate as possible with Halo 5.

Just makes me dislike the Mark V Alpha even more and if they could actually make the Mark V accurate :l.

> 2533274925960280;9:
> Just makes me dislike the Mark V Alpha even more and if they could actually make the Mark V accurate :l.

I feel your pain friend. One day we will have a true Mark V remake.

Wow…TekkaCroe’s design is fantastic! The only issue that I have with it is the two triangles sticking up in the helmet’s visor, but other than that, it’s the best looking Mark V I’ve ever seen! It’s really unfortunate that 343i felt the need to completely destroy the classic Mark V armour instead of giving us a faithful recreation… At the very least, they could have used the Halo Anniversary version!

loved halo 4 mk V

> 2533274808386392;11:
> Wow…TekkaCroe’s design is fantastic! The only issue that I have with it is the two triangles sticking up in the helmet’s visor, but other than that, it’s the best looking Mark V I’ve ever seen! It’s really unfortunate that 343i felt the need to completely destroy the classic Mark V armour instead of giving us a faithful recreation… At the very least, they could have used the Halo Anniversary version!

I was a little weary about that at first, but upon further investigation, Halo CE’s Mark V does indeed feature said triangles. They aren’t quite as crisp due to the low poly count however, and for some reason, they are not included on the box art. It’s a tad strange.

> 2533274833276553;10:
> > 2533274925960280;9:
> > Just makes me dislike the Mark V Alpha even more and if they could actually make the Mark V accurate :l.
>
>
> I feel your pain friend. One day we will have a true Mark V remake.

If you thinks that’s painful, in the recent update players can use the M6D pistol that is exactly the same as it first debuted in Cobat Evolved, and let’s also remember that the Battle Rifle from Halo 2 is identical to when it appeared, so I have to ask; what the heck happened with the Mark V?

> 2533274914688026;14:
> > 2533274833276553;10:
> > > 2533274925960280;9:
> > > Just makes me dislike the Mark V Alpha even more and if they could actually make the Mark V accurate :l.
> >
> >
> > I feel your pain friend. One day we will have a true Mark V remake.
>
>
> If you thinks that’s painful, in the recent update players can use the M6D pistol that is exactly the same as it first debuted in Cobat Evolved, and let’s also remember that the Battle Rifle from Halo 2 is identical to when it appeared, so I have to ask; what the heck happened with the Mark V?

They outsourced the build to a third party, that’s what happened to the Alpha I’m afraid. Really, as long as they pulled the visor cap out it wouldn’t look so bad.

I believe Tekka’s Mk V should be the Mk V Alpha, and the CEA Mk V as the true Mk V (which it is in canon).

> 2533274837720524;16:
> I believe Tekka’s Mk V should be the Mk V Alpha, and the CEA Mk V as the true Mk V (which it is in canon).

That seems like a great way to go about it to me. Both Tekka’s Mark V and the Halo Anniversary Mark V are fantastic and quite different from one another. Why not have the best of both worlds?

Of course, that would be too logical for 343i…

These are great ideas, I completely agree.
I personally hate how flat and blocky the Halo 5 MV armor is, and I hope they do an update of it, along with that monstrosity called ODST.

Yes, all of this. I don’t want any more Mark VI.

> 2533274833276553;1:
> So, we’ve all heard of it. The Mark V, the armor dawned by the legendary Spartan II’s. It’s become a fan favorite, a beloved classic, and all around a neat looking armor. Now I know what you’re thinking, “But Zack, Mark V is already in Halo 5” and I’m here to say yeah, it kinda is, but where they have confirmed other variants of Mark V are coming, I would like to steer them in the right direction.
>
> We have so many skins and variants of the Mark VI, and let’s be honest, we’ve merely glanced at some of them because they’re so similar and they drown each other out, so I would like to avoid making the same skin mistake for Mark V if it is at all possible. My proposal is that we have three sets or Mark V, and make them as follows:
>
> Mark V Alpha: Our current Gen II reproduction that emulates the Mark V design, as seen here: Mark V Alpha
> This armor emulates the body rather well, truth be told, but the helmet has earned the rather loving nickname: The Crimson Chin, so you can see why a lot of fans are unsatisfied with it.
>
> Mjolnir Mark V: A true, and faithful design, not based upon the generation one armor, this would be the real deal. Straight out of the Combat Evolved cookbook, this generation one set could be modified internally to work with Gen II systems. #FirmwareUpdate :wink:
>
> One fan even went so far as to show it can be done on Halo 5’s art direction and character models, as seen here: The Comparison and rework VS Mark V Alpha (My god that armor looks good.)
>
> Gen II Mark V: This can be 343i’s home brew, I suggest using the model crafted for Combat Evolved Anniversary or Halo 4 for this fella. The name is fitting, as it was produced on the second generation of Xbox, and the design is not quite accurate to the original Mark V. Key area like the shoulders, calves and knee pads are just off on this design, but it’s Gorgeous none the less.
>
> So tell me Halo community, how fo you feel Mark V should be tackled?

omg that would be amazing if they could put that in halo 5 :0