How i think Halo 4 will start.

I can picture the cutscene starting with the ship that chief’s on crashing and Chief waking up in a Jungle/urban whatever landscape, looking back at the burning ship. He will then put Cortana in his head, pick up an AR and start looking for a way off of the planet (If it is a planet) and goes exploring.

After a while, Cortana says “This all looks familiar, strange…”

After about 2-3 minutes, a few sentinals should fly overhead, and examine the crashed ship, Chief hides, but Cortana, for some reason, thinks he should show himself. However, he does not, and Cortana is confused and questions why she said what she says.

Then, a sentinal should spot chief and sound an alarm. Then, a new forerunner creation should make its debut, perhaps a monitor, but somehow superior/inferior to the monitors such as 343 GS. He should be angered by Chiefs presence. And say:

“Human! Your kind are not welcome! What business have you he-”

At this point, we see through the ‘monitors’ eyes, and we see Chief staring back. However, its vision flickers between Chief and Cortana, as they are both connected. He should then say:

“How odd. It has been far too long. Cortana… Welcome back. I must take you to my Creators at once!”

It then leads Chief away, either into a trap or not, I don’t know.

Do you agree/like/disagree/not like?

It doesn’t really make much sense. The humans were chosen as the inheritors of the Forerunners, and you can tell by the first terminal in Halo Anniversary that humans are welcome to visit Forerunner installations.

In plus, how would it know Cortana? It’s not like she existed a long time ago during the Flood-Forerunner war.

> It doesn’t really make much sense. The humans were chosen as the inheritors of the Forerunners, and you can tell by the first terminal in Halo Anniversary that humans are welcome to visit Forerunner installations.
>
> In plus, how would it know Cortana? It’s not like she existed a long time ago during the Flood-Forerunner war.

i agree ^^^ how would it know cortona?, the only expalanation i can think of is, wernt cortan made from data from a forruner super computer, and shes been incerted in so many halo rings now, maybey it transported information to them about her as an a.i,

oh yh ignor the spelling, my keybord is a broke

> > It doesn’t really make much sense. The humans were chosen as the inheritors of the Forerunners, and you can tell by the first terminal in Halo Anniversary that humans are welcome to visit Forerunner installations.
> >
> > In plus, how would it know Cortana? It’s not like she existed a long time ago during the Flood-Forerunner war.
>
> i agree ^^^ how would it know cortona?, the only expalanation i can think of is, wernt cortan made from data from a forruner super computer, and shes been incerted in so many halo rings now, maybey it transported information to them about her as an a.i,
>
> oh yh ignor the spelling, my keybord is a broke

Solid assessment. Also, the keyboard excuse is much more logical than someone else who said they were from another country…b/c America is the only place with Spell-Check LOL.

Dislike though mainly b/c I hate speculating things that I’d rather find out more or less on the day of release. Especially the opener. Just my opinion though.

my bro spilt coffey on it, and being honest its a mix of both my spelling and the keybored,

They shouldn’t know English.

To be honest, I hyped myself up that this was going to directly connect with the book Ghosts of Onyx. However, that’s already been proven not to be the case.

Now I just want to be surprised.

for some odd reason i think halo 4 will start with a grunts birthday party

> for some odd reason i think halo 4 will start with a grunts birthday party

POP! HOORAY!
Halo 4

Nah. I’m expecting the crash, Chief exploring/looking for a way off. Finds a way to contact the UNSC, meets Forerunners, they tell him about Precursors, then some war 'n stuff.

Because during the next trilogy, Chief and Cortana will be transported back in time. Cortana becomes part of the Forerunner technology. This is why it is accessible to humans. Eventually she ceases to be just Cortana and becomes something bigger, more powerful.

I mean that too.

I imagine the beginning of the game as the ship crashes. Cut to Chief looking around while Cortana is talking to the player (as Chief) and is assessing the situation beyond Chief’s visual reference.

Cortana alerts Chief to several heat signatures that are getting closer to their position. Then there is static on the comm. Then a word in English (or native language to the player), then a full on sentence with Cortana recognizing the voice.

Cortana: I recognize the voice.
Chief: Yeah, so do I.

Cut to Catherine Halsey and a few of Spartan IIs and IIs and Chief Mendez. We hear over the comm them discussing the crash of what looks to be a UNSC vehicle.

Cut back to Chief. He sees the figures off in a distance and give an all to familiar call to the SIIs “ollie ollie oxen free”. It’s a code used by the SIIs when they were children learning under Chief Mendez.

Cut to Halsey and the others. One of the SIIs looks up and knows exactly who it is. They group starts running to him.

When the group meets up with chief a brief discussion occurs, then this blends into the beginning of the first mission.

Now you ask how and why the Spartans, Halsey and Mendez? Because they were alive at the end of “Ghosts of Onyx.” They entered a portal form that shield world. That portal lead to the very shield world that Chief crashes on.

As for the enemies, it would be likely to be forerunner given the structure. At least to start. Sparks and Sentinels. Nothing the Spartans can’t handle. The group would secure a location for Halsey and Mendez to set up camp and along with Cortana to figure out a way home.

Next the Spartans would go off in search of items Cortana identifies as possibly being able to get back to UNSC space. The entire game could center around this. Collecting items to get off the shield world.

During the next few missions the Spartans could encounter other species who have also found their way to this shield world. A couple are not as technologically advanced as humans, one or two are as much and one or two (the “bad guys”) are more advanced.

The Spartans could befriend the lower tech species and enlist them to help, in turn the Spartans would help them find a way back to their civilization. Something similar for the same tech level species, but one of them is apprehensive to the Spartans. The race or at least one from that race alerts the higher tech species and the battles get rough from here on out.

As far as how H4 ends, it would be the culmination of the items you collected during the whole campaign. Those would be brought together to form a new portal that Cortana can direct to any civilization that can give her their coordinates. She opens up the portal for those races you’ve befriended. Just as the last of those are about to make it through, you are attacked by the baddies. Cortana opens up a portal outside of the shield world (away from the enemy) and links it to UNSC controlled space. She sends a transmission to Lord Hood.

Cut to Lord Hood. He contemplates the message and quickly decides to send a battle group to the portals opening. It’s closing fast so they have to act. The final scene is several UNSC frigates going through the portal to rescue you and the rest of your group.

But that’s just a guess…

> To be honest, I hyped myself up that this was going to directly connect with the book Ghosts of Onyx. However, that’s already been proven not to be the case.
>
> Now I just want to be surprised.

Where exactly was that said and by whom? I’m very curious to know the source for that. It could be that 343 is trying to throw off the scent.

Frank O’Conner has said that the novels tie in with the games. And that all of the non-game stuff has been leading up to this point. Does that mean that it will tie in directly? Maybe not, but I won’t be wholly convinced until we see some actual gameplay and then it is confirmed by Frank or someone close to his level within 343.

I’m not saying you’re wrong ZP. I just don’t want to lose hope that the game isn’t connected with that story. It would seem to make the most sense and would really help with continuity.

> > To be honest, I hyped myself up that this was going to directly connect with the book Ghosts of Onyx. However, that’s already been proven not to be the case.
> >
> > Now I just want to be surprised.
>
> Where exactly was that said and by whom? I’m very curious to know the source for that. It could be that 343 is trying to throw off the scent.
>
> Frank O’Conner has said that the novels tie in with the games. And that all of the non-game stuff has been leading up to this point. Does that mean that it will tie in directly? Maybe not, but I won’t be wholly convinced until we see some actual gameplay and then it is confirmed by Frank or someone close to his level within 343.
>
> I’m not saying you’re wrong ZP. I just don’t want to lose hope that the game isn’t connected with that story. It would seem to make the most sense and would really help with continuity.

It was in another H4 thread and someone mentioned that Frank O’Connor confirmed it will not be the Dyson Sphere/Onyx that’s previewed in the trailer.

I don’t think 343 would throw around misleading tips. They really haven’t yet in the series so why start now? Just my thought though.

I’m currently re-reading Onyx and would love for it to link up. However, i do know that Halo: Grasslands (book) is a direct continuation of Onyx. I’d just love to see it actually mix from medium to medium.

I think the tie-in stuff just means there’s subtle hints that the books/vids/games (aside from the Red vs Blue stuff), are all considerably canon to each other.

It’s all good brother-man. I honestly hype up about a lot of things b/c heck, who doesn’t want to have a slight right prediction on what happens? Then again, I love a good surprise.

It will start aboard the FUD, and involve you navigating the zero-g environment, with your thruster pack. Completing smaller objectives, and then escaping the exploding ship.

yeah, my bad. missing info there… Cortana was made with forerunner tech and could be recognised for this, and the forerunners hate humans, the librarian didn’t.

correction, forerunners dont HATE humans, though they did, but now they only think of them as a primitive speicies, as said in Cryptum, when there on the island in the beginning.

still think it will start with a grunts birthday party, POP HOORAY!

> correction, forerunners dont HATE humans, though they did, but now they only think of them as a primitive speicies, as said in Cryptum, when there on the island in the beginning.

I agree, but it isn’t too difficult to imagine certain forerunners starting to hate humans again. After all, after years of hatred and war, followed by us losing, miserably, their is definitly room for unrest.

Then we did colonise their worlds, (Reach, Harvest, Arcadia, etc) and started tampering with their tech. And also we destroyed The Ark, the forerunners biggest invention. I don’t know about you, but I would be well and truly… pissed off, and may start a war or two. After all, the forerunners weren’t exactly peaceful, they CONQOURED the galaxy. the near-disarment was because nobody could fight back, as the forerunners grip was so tight over everybody else.

i would like it to start on the ship, and its crashing down

> i would like it to start on the ship, and its crashing down

If 343 stick to tradition then thats what we can probably expect.

The general Halo-ish lets-get-off-this-burning-heap-of-space-slag-before-we-all-die kind of mission.