How I feel about the Flood

For me, the Flood is more interesting in story and kinda boring and repetitive in gameplay. Does anyone else feel this way?

I feel like it’s only boring if you played on normal. They should invest in adding more flood types and expanding their capabilities but they aren’t that boring. We need to see some vehicles and structures overtaken and have them act differently. Not to mention again, the flood need at least a dozen forms.

make the flood scary as hell
If you want to make Halo 5 dark make one mission where the flood is in control of a UNSC base and cheif is there but the base is dark with sort of lighting sort of like a dead space fell execpt the flood will make you -Yoink- bricks when they pop out at you

I think Halo CE flood is anything but boring. They are aggressive, tough to kill, and some are armed with deadly weapons.

Halo 2 flood wasnt as great, but I felt the atmosphere for the flood was amazing.
I Say they weren’t as great, because I think the BR and Carbine made things much easier.

Halo 3 flood was awful. They can be killed from a single melee on heroic. They don’t use their weapons much. They WALK toward you when they have numbers.
Pure forms are just annoying.
Atmosphere is not good either.

I don’t think its hard to make the flood a formidable for again.

> make the flood scary as hell
> If you want to make Halo 5 dark make one mission where the flood is in control of a UNSC base and cheif is there but the base is dark with sort of lighting sort of like a dead space fell execpt the flood will make you Yoink! bricks when they pop out at you

But god himself forbid another level like “The library” in any halo game to ever further exist on the planet.

> Halo 3 flood was awful. They can be killed from a single melee on heroic. They don’t use their weapons much. They WALK toward you when they have numbers.
> Pure forms are just annoying.
> Atmosphere is not good either.

Eh I think if the flood itself had been better, the atmosphere would have been fine.

But yeah, stalker and ranged pure forms were just annoying.

The Flood the Forerunner fought should come back. Now that was the Flood.

Also, the Flood need to feel like more of a parasite. Perhaps even after a leg is removed they should be able to chase you. Or both legs…

Also, I loved the Library :frowning:

> The Flood the Forerunner fought should come back. Now that was the Flood.
>
> Also, the Flood need to feel like more of a parasite. Perhaps even after a leg is removed they should be able to chase you. Or both legs…
>
> Also, I loved the Library :frowning:

I never finished halo after I got to the fourth level in that mission. It was taking to long and it was to dark especiallyn with flashlights running out so fast I mean no one ever thought of making longer lasting batteries in the year 2552.

The Flood are great all around!

I would love to see Halo CE’s zombie portrayal and game play style of flood return, alongside 3’s pure forms, and then add in some play with them manipulating vehicles. I would suggest vehicle forms of the flood where basically a flood creature is a special “vehicle form” where it is permanently adapted to a vehicle to be able to drive it.

So for a warthog for example, there would be a flood blob form thing that is permanently grown onto the warthog’s driver’s seat and gun so that it can shoot and drive the warthog, but is not some other form of the flood, and it can’t be separate from the vehicle. I think that would be really cool to see!

I kinda like what ME3 did with the Reapers. Take control of a race’s strength and use it.

Rather than making all the combat forms the same give them something unique. Elites, strong and capable with guns. Jackals, fast and agile. Grunts, damage sponges. Humans should just be zombies. Brutes, well duh, smashy smashy, maybe their flood “claw” could be something like a hammer or big arm. Hunters should have multiple large weapons hauled around and take a ton of damage, but make them even less agile.

As for vehicles, have the biomass cover them and take control. Maybe make modifications like Wraiths as huge transport vehicles covered in infection forms. Hornets that drop flood “bombs”, kinda like carriers.

TBH, the only way they can really show the true Flood potential is on a Next gen console with more power. A foe that adapts and becomes smarter with each body killed. If a sword wielding Elite is absorbed, through the rest of the level, Sword wielding Flood are faster and stronger. Each body is like an upgrade.

Have Combat Form, Carrier Form, Infection Form.
Have Combat Form (weapon) taunt player into shooting them first.
Have Combat Form (melee) rush the player in conjunction with the other Combat Forms.
Have Carrier Forms come up the back.
Have Infection Forms flank player on the walls and floor.

> > Halo 3 flood was awful. They can be killed from a single melee on heroic. They don’t use their weapons much. They WALK toward you when they have numbers.
> > Pure forms are just annoying.
> > Atmosphere is not good either.
>
> Eh I think if the flood itself had been better, the atmosphere would have been fine.
>
> But yeah, stalker and ranged pure forms were just annoying.

Better atmosphere. High Charity in Halo 2 or Cortana in Halo 3?
I’ve made my argument. :slight_smile:

In a way, the flood are the equivalents to the prometheans. I mean, both forces have soldiers that used to be sentient life, both have different levels of infantry, both are able to revive fallen foes… so that’s where there could be conflict if said prometheans and flood make a comeback in Halo 5 and or Halo 6.

Here are what I’d like to see from both factions in future games:

Prometheans:
-Jet packing prometheans. (I mean, come on. All the types could do it in the terminals.)
-Some form of new promethean enemy. The knights and crawlers look so similar, it gets boring after a while and they’re more difficult to distinguish.
-More weapons. I know 343i was rushed with this game, but I hope to see more forerunner weapons in the future games.
-Mobile autosentry or increasing it’s defense and power by a bit. (Not only would this be more of a challenge, but it would make it a great AA for MM.)

Flood:
-The return of the flood Juggernaut >:D.
-More cooperative and strategic flood.
-Higher flood health.
-Mindless charging.
-Scary kills.
-Scary and disgusting sound effects.
-Flood operated vehicles (AKA: The suicide machine)

Have the Flood been the most interesting enemy in past games? Not really. Halo 3 made them more interesting but they never really got fleshed out.

The Flood have a lot of potential, I think this was best shown by Halo Legends and Evolutions. If they can meet this potential in-game, the Flood could become the most engaging enemy in the series.

Why not make some gruesome death scenes? Like if the Chief’s shields are down and enough infection forms jump on him, one of them stabs him in the neck and turns him into a combat form. In fact, it almost happened to him once.

That’s what I disliked about Halo’s infection forms and Dead Space’s infectors, neither of them do what they were designed to do when they kill the player characters.

> Why not make some gruesome death scenes? Like if the Chief’s shields are down and enough infection forms jump on him, one of them stabs him in the neck and turns him into a combat form. In fact, it almost happened to him once.
>
> That’s what I disliked about Halo’s infection forms and Dead Space’s infectors, neither of them do what they were designed to do when they kill the player characters.

Kind of difficult to do with the Spartans as their armour is completely vacuum sealed. To get a noticeable mutation there’d have to be a number of holes for it to protrude. That’s why the Spartan IV multiplayer flood forms are in their weaker bodysuits rather than their full armour.

> Kind of difficult to do with the Spartans as their armour is completely vacuum sealed.

It isn’t like they are incased in r anymore majority of it is the body suit underneath where and infection form can get into (The Flood). not to mention i think the large sword is formed along with the armor.

343 could make the Flood so much more advanced and fun to fight then they were in 2001, 2004, and 2007. Especially on a new console with more power in general.

The Flood’s biology allows it to be, in theory, the best videogame antagonist imaginable. It’s ability to instantly adapt and create new creatures to fit new situations on the fly SHOULD make them the funnest to fight in the games, but they aren’t.

I’m hoping that with the tech advances in the Nextbox we see the Flood’s true abilities in-game for once.