How I Believe the DMR Should Have Been Made...

Way back for a tech demo of Halo 2 they demo’ed the new BR being added. Back then it was a 3-shot burst but when scoped it was semi-auto. This would have been a (personally) far better improvement to the DMR. Burst firing but single shot when scoped, this would have changed gameplay significantly, especially with the addition to reticle bloom. Make the burst firing as fast as you can pull the trigger but it would have a dramatic spread. Pacing would be far more accurate and the single shot would give you the range for long distance kills.

Whaddya guys think?

Here is a link to the tech demo i referenced

If they’d been consistent then it’d take 10 shots to kill someone whilst scoped… tad much don’t ya think? And that’s only if they get a headshot as soon as they’d taken out their shields. It’d be practically useless scoped. Especially with bloom and AAs like sprint and evade.

Not necessarily, if the fire rate is semi auto than you could fire faster than unscoped and balanced so that its the same amount of time scoped or unscoped.

> Way back for a tech demo of Halo 2 they demo’ed the new BR being added. Back then it was a 3-shot burst but when scoped it was semi-auto. This would have been a (personally) far better improvement to the DMR. Burst firing but single shot when scoped, this would have changed gameplay significantly, especially with the addition to reticle bloom. Make the burst firing as fast as you can pull the trigger but it would have a dramatic spread. Pacing would be far more accurate and the single shot would give you the range for long distance kills.
>
> Whaddya guys think?
>
> Here is a link to the tech demo i referenced
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br8FdEexJBU

as long as the person who shot better won 100%, and the kill times werent atrocious (maybe even faster), it would be a lot better.

> Way back for a tech demo of Halo 2 they demo’ed the new BR being added. Back then it was a 3-shot burst but when scoped it was semi-auto. This would have been a (personally) far better improvement to the DMR. Burst firing but single shot when scoped, this would have changed gameplay significantly, especially with the addition to reticle bloom. Make the burst firing as fast as you can pull the trigger but it would have a dramatic spread. Pacing would be far more accurate and the single shot would give you the range for long distance kills.
>
> Whaddya guys think?
>
> Here is a link to the tech demo i referenced
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br8FdEexJBU

That looks like a very cool variation of the BR and it has depth to it. I always thought that when scoped in your shots should be more accurate while when you firing from the hip they could be more of a burst I like this idea. However would the BR have bloom then when scoped in or what?

> > Way back for a tech demo of Halo 2 they demo’ed the new BR being added. Back then it was a 3-shot burst but when scoped it was semi-auto. This would have been a (personally) far better improvement to the DMR. Burst firing but single shot when scoped, this would have changed gameplay significantly, especially with the addition to reticle bloom. Make the burst firing as fast as you can pull the trigger but it would have a dramatic spread. Pacing would be far more accurate and the single shot would give you the range for long distance kills.
> >
> > Whaddya guys think?
> >
> > Here is a link to the tech demo i referenced
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br8FdEexJBU
>
> That looks like a very cool variation of the BR and it has depth to it. I always thought that when scoped in your shots should be more accurate while when you firing from the hip they could be more of a burst I like this idea. However would the BR have bloom then when scoped in or what?

Id imagine so, but very minimalistic but only to ensure that the gun is not used outside of its intended range.

> > > Way back for a tech demo of Halo 2 they demo’ed the new BR being added. Back then it was a 3-shot burst but when scoped it was semi-auto. This would have been a (personally) far better improvement to the DMR. Burst firing but single shot when scoped, this would have changed gameplay significantly, especially with the addition to reticle bloom. Make the burst firing as fast as you can pull the trigger but it would have a dramatic spread. Pacing would be far more accurate and the single shot would give you the range for long distance kills.
> > >
> > > Whaddya guys think?
> > >
> > > Here is a link to the tech demo i referenced
> > >
> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br8FdEexJBU
> >
> > That looks like a very cool variation of the BR and it has depth to it. I always thought that when scoped in your shots should be more accurate while when you firing from the hip they could be more of a burst I like this idea. However would the BR have bloom then when scoped in or what?
>
> Id imagine so, but very minimalistic but only to ensure that the gun is not used outside of its intended range.

I personally hate bloom on my precision weapons, I would prefer recoil as its 100 percent controllable but if was minimal it would be acceptable I guess. Also what do you mean by to ensure its not used outside of its intended range? The Br is a utility weapon it can be used at all ranges but specializes in mid-range combat. I think you mean so its not as effective at longer ranges.

I think the DMR is fine the way it is. It’s maybe too accurate at long range (successful kills from across Blood Gulch? Shouldn’t be possible with a “mid range” weapon), but other than that, I have no problems.

PS I think bloom is fine. It’s barely different than bloom from COD or any Half-Life engine games.

-N