How I believe Ordinance drops COULD work fair

Okay, so this isn’t for IHATE ORDNASE or ERMERGERSHITASBESTTHINGEVAH, this is a thread about how I believe Ordnance could work but be appealling to everyone

Part 1- Points and Tiers

If we go off of Halo 4 weaponry etc, this will be more relatable.
Tier 1- Low level.
T1 would have Magnum, AR, BR, DMR, LR, BR, SR, BS, PP, Suppressor and any other loadout stuff APART from grenades. Tier 1 would take around 200 points to get.

Tier 2- Slightly higher level now!
T2 would include Grenades, Armour Ability’s(?), and powerups as well as weaponry such as the needler, Stickydet and Shotgun/ Scattershot as well as possibly any weapon from T1
. Would take a total of 350 points to earn

Tier 3- Power beginnings
This tier would include The beginnings of power weaponry such as Beam Rifles, Concussion Rifles, Swords and Hammers. This would require a total of 425 points to get as well as possibly getting the T1 and T2 weapons.

Tier 4- Uberweapons
This, the final tier grants access to Rockets, Binaries, Incineration cannons, Snipers and Fuel rods. This requires 550 points and would be difficult to get, making you actually earn these weapons.

Each ordnance would have 4 slots, using all for D-PAD buttons. Each one would correspond to a different Tier, so you always have chance of getting some ammo even at higher tiers. This allows you to request weaponry but you have to fully work hard for very good guns. I imagine not many people would be reaching snipers so it wouldn’t be a big team snipers game!

THoughts, comments, suggetsions? Happy to hear them!

games only last to 600 points, it would be pointless. I think it should be 100 points for OV, speed boost, and dmg boost. and those are all you can get. have weapons balanced on map.

i never play standard. I more designed this for Big Team which I play most. IT would be tuned down or T3 and T4 wouldn’t be on 4v4 due to smaller maps.

So your idea in a nutshell is that the more you are beating down the other players, the better weapons you’ll get. If you’re getting beat down, you’ll hardly get anything.

15 kills, 5 deaths > gets a Beam Rifle.
5 kills, 15 deaths > gets an AR.

I don’t see how this could be fun.

Ordinance drops could work as the followings.
3 Flag CTF. Every initial ordinance weapon spawned. Your team only got resupply if you capture a flag. It’s requires you to be much more tactical, to be much more careful. If you camp the sniper for example, and not helping your team, then you will suffer because there will be no resupply. Forces players to play the objective in an objective game-type is good for everyone.

It could work in BTB and Slayer as the load-out Tier’s worked in Invasion Slayer. The game needs to be run for a few minutes to get the ordinances. For example, a match is 10 minutes long. For the first 3 or 4 minutes you only got starting weapons, power-ups and grenades, as a resupply. After that, the game could bring on powerful weapons, IC, RL, FRG only if the game is at the end. Like the last two minutes.

Or the same method, but with kills. For the first 40 kills, players only get resupplies, for 80 kills, a bit more powerful ones. And for the last, you could earn the most powerful ones.

> Ordinance drops could work as the followings.
> 3 Flag CTF. Every initial ordinance weapon spawned. Your team only got resupply if you capture a flag. It’s requires you to be much more tactical, to be much more careful. If you camp the sniper for example, and not helping your team, then you will suffer because there will be no resupply. Forces players to play the objective in an objective game-type is good for everyone.
>
> It could work in BTB and Slayer as the load-out Tier’s worked in Invasion Slayer. The game needs to be run for a few minutes to get the ordinances. For example, a match is 10 minutes long. For the first 3 or 4 minutes you only got starting weapons, power-ups and grenades, as a resupply. After that, the game could bring on powerful weapons, IC, RL, FRG only if the game is at the end. Like the last two minutes.
>
> Or the same method, but with kills. For the first 40 kills, players only get resupplies, for 80 kills, a bit more powerful ones. And for the last, you could earn the most powerful ones.

Again, giving more advantages to the players who are already winning with skill. That’s like giving NBA players shoes that increase their height, but only if they’re already very tall.

> > Again, giving more advantages to the players who are already winning with skill. That’s like allows NBA players to wear shoes that increase their height, but only if they’re already very tall.
>
> What’s NBA?

> > > Again, giving more advantages to the players who are already winning with skill. That’s like allows NBA players to wear shoes that increase their height, but only if they’re already very tall.
> >
> > What’s NBA?
>
> NBA is a league of tall European people running around a court with squeaky shoes trying to toss a rubber ball into a net while wearing loose jerseys…
>
> All while being watched by millions of people…
>
>
>
>
>
> PER GAME

I got a more simpler idea… Why not just make the armor abilities available for personal ordinance?

That way
A. not as much people would be complaining about jetpacks or camo because it would be used less frequently
B. They could still keep in personal ordinance without it becoming a clutch for bad players.

no power weapons, no overshield… just armor abilities…

I’m pretty sure a tier ordnance system would drive away more people, considering it is more of the ‘CoD road’ that most people hate.

IMO, i love ords, but to have them in tiers, that seems a little bit off. Like Noble said, it would draw away more players, b/c that’s going towards, the “COD Territory” as i like to call it. I believe if there are tiers, it should 3, with 1 loadout weapon, 1 equipment, and one Ord, but show up randomly.

I personally think ordnance worked perfectly during week one of the Global Championship, with it only giving a choice of three grenades. Or perhaps follow the competitive settings and have ordnance dropping an AA (with settings obviously not starting with an AA).

>

Nope, this doesn’t work.

Don’t take this as an insult, but this only shows that you have a lack of understanding of why people dislike Personal Ordnace, if you think that this would be the best way to make it appeal to the most people.

People dislike Personal Ordnance because it takes away from map control to obtain weapons, and adds unwanted randomness and unpredictability to the gameplay.

The closest thing to making Personal Ordnance more acceptable (second to taking them out completely) is to take power weapons out, take things like speed boost and overshield out.
Make it so that it gives you the option to have a grenade refill, an ammo refill for your primary/secondary, or give you a new weapon which is no more powerful than primary and secondary starting weapons.

I would accept this as a compromise, though I doubt that many Personal Ordnance lovers would accept it, because it would mean actually working for their power weapons by using map control.

I’d like to see a gametype similar to invasion slayer from reach, that utilises ODs rather than leaving all the weapons in a pile in the middle of the objective. Other than that, ODs could work nicely in current gametypes as a way to resupply ammo, or change your loadout weapons and/or armour abilities.

Here’s my solution,
It should be slightly harder to get an ordinance, like more points to get it then it does now. You only get overshoelds, damage boosts, and speed boosts.
And getting a personal ordinance should be an armor ability.

> >
>
> Nope, this doesn’t work.
>
> Don’t take this as an insult, but this only shows that you have a lack of understanding of why people dislike Personal Ordnace, if you think that this would be the best way to make it appeal to the most people.
>
> People dislike Personal Ordnance because it takes away from map control to obtain weapons, and adds unwanted randomness and unpredictability to the gameplay.
>
> The closest thing to making Personal Ordnance more acceptable (second to taking them out completely) is to take power weapons out, <mark>take things like speed boost and overshield out.</mark>
> Make it so that it gives you the option to have a grenade refill, an ammo refill for your primary/secondary, or give you a new weapon which is no more powerful than primary and secondary starting weapons.
>
> I would accept this as a compromise, though I doubt that many Personal Ordnance lovers would accept it, because it would mean actually working for their power weapons by using map control.

I have no problem with those things. Why take them out?
Speed boost is the most common powerup to drop for me. I like it, as it allows me to finally use my thruster pack as I see it.
Overshield only lasts about 15-20 seconds before it runs out, and that’s if nobody is shooting you.
Damage boost is simple. Snipe them. Or have your team running circles whittling him down. It’s not that hard.

Did you just say the Beam Rifle is a low leveled power weapon?

Its a sniper which functions as a DMR/Shotgun. You could even argue its better than past Shotguns…

Its basically a win for which ever team drops it first… PO just needs removing to be honest. I mean it works fine in Throwdown but it feels as if its there for the lain sake of it.

> Did you just say the Beam Rifle is a low leveled power weapon?
>
> Its a sniper which functions as a DMR/Shotgun. You could even argue its better than past Shotguns…
>
> Its basically a win for which ever team drops it first… PO just needs removing to be honest. I mean it works fine in Throwdown but it feels as if its there for the lain sake of it.

It is powerful against infantry, but it doesn’t have the raw power of Binaries or the Anti-Materiel capabilities of the SR99. The beam is just an Anti-Infantry gun, though I would agree the aim assist needs to be toned down a little.

> > Did you just say the Beam Rifle is a low leveled power weapon?
> >
> > Its a sniper which functions as a DMR/Shotgun. You could even argue its better than past Shotguns…
> >
> > Its basically a win for which ever team drops it first… PO just needs removing to be honest. I mean it works fine in Throwdown but it feels as if its there for the lain sake of it.
>
> It is powerful against infantry, but it doesn’t have the raw power of Binaries or the Anti-Materiel capabilities of the SR99. The beam is just an Anti-Infantry gun, though I would agree the aim assist needs to be toned down a little.

The Beam Rifle’s aim-assist makes it act like more of a Shotgun than a Sniper.

I cannot express how much I wish they had just kept the Focus Rifle…

Edited by Moderator - Please do not impersonate others.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I looooOOOOoooOoove Orndase!