How has no-one picked this up?

I am almost sure that no-one has posted about this but:
The “Classic-Switch Button” also applies to Multiplayer!
How is this gonna work out with Spartan Models (will they change or stay the same and stick out like sore thumbs) etcetera?

Discuss,

i think they mean CO-OP mode,

it would be hard for the multiplayer (as its just 7 maps for reach)

Ah, but they talked about it in the context of Damnation!

Where did you get this stuff on Damnation? Is there a link to this conversation where Classic pertains to Damnation?

Listen to the part after the break of the most recent Sparkast.

bump

Is that even possible?
The campaign can switch back because the new graphics are built on top of the old code. (At least that’s how I assume it works)
The MP maps are made using the Reach code are they not? They wont be able to switch.

> Is that even possible?
> The campaign can switch back because the new graphics are built on top of the old code. (At least that’s how I assume it works)
> The MP maps are made using the Reach code are they not? They wont be able to switch.

Exactly, that’s what I thought! But if you listen to the latest Sparkast you hear otherwise…

Yep it sounded like he said dammnation

> Yep it sounded like he said dammnation

I wonder if this function is somehow being added via a forge FX, and if it will be CEA exclusive [so that it only works when the maps are being played via CEA]

Considering weapons like the DMR and NR and AAs have not appeared in Halo before I call BS. Unless, they can change the map to classic without changing weapons, AAs, and player models.

Yeah, that is what I was confused about.
But Frankie [or possibly Dan] states that there is a Classic mode in multiplayer, or at least on Damnation, so…

> Yeah, that is what I was confused about.
> But Frankie [or possibly Dan] states that there is a Classic mode in multiplayer, or at least on Damnation, so…

More likely classic in terms of gameplay, not graphics.

No, in the Sparkast he mentions that the fans at E3 were excited by the Classic Mode on Damnation [the TU had not yet been announced].

If anything, it probably means that you’ll be able to switch the map over to classic graphics while still playing with Reach multiplayer rules, basically the inverse of the campaign’s “Old Gameplay, New Graphics”.

That same OXM article also indicates that Blood Gulch will make a return, even though Frank has confirmed that it won’t in one of the earlier Sparkcasts.

What you read is falsified information. Use common sense. A classic switch in multiplayer is impossible in the Reach engine.

Your mistaken. In the podcast, they mentioned not of a classic mode, but two versions of each map. The first is a perfect remake (In HD, to fit reach’s engine). The second, is the same map, but tweaked to support reach’s features (Such as extra platforms for a jetpacker, ect.) Both are in HD.

Sorry for any confusion on this.

There is no classic mode graphics switching in multiplayer for Halo: Anniversary. In that particular segment on the Sparkast we were talking about two different things. The first being an edited video showing the graphical differences between the original Damnation and this update, and the second being the two variants of each map that are included in Anniversary.

Hope that clears things up a little.

> Sorry for any confusion on this.
>
> There is no classic mode graphics switching in multiplayer for Halo: Anniversary. In that particular segment on the Sparkast we were talking about two different things. The first being an edited video showing the graphical differences between the original Damnation and this update, and the second being the two variants of each map that are included in Anniversary.
>
> Hope that clears things up a little.

So what does that mean exactly?

That we’re technically getting 13 maps (6 Maps, 6 Alt Maps and a Firefight map) or we’re just getting the 7 maps (6 Maps and a Firefight Map) and MP maps with have different versions that ship with them, like the Condemned/Uplink or The Cage/Uncaged split?

> > Sorry for any confusion on this.
> >
> > There is no classic mode graphics switching in multiplayer for Halo: Anniversary. In that particular segment on the Sparkast we were talking about two different things. The first being an edited video showing the graphical differences between the original Damnation and this update, and the second being the two variants of each map that are included in Anniversary.
> >
> > Hope that clears things up a little.
>
> So what does that mean exactly?
>
> That we’re technically getting 13 maps (6 Maps, 6 Alt Maps and a Firefight map) or we’re just getting the 7 maps (6 Maps and a Firefight Map) and MP maps with have different versions that ship with them, like the Condemned/Uplink or The Cage/Uncaged split?

They confirmed a little while ago that each of the maps would have somewhat of a forge pallet. This would allow certain changes to the maps, while keeping the original geometry in tact. One example they used was for Battle Creek was that there was a new series of tunnels in the updated version. These tunnels will be blocked off in the classic variant of the map.