How Hard Is It?

When I was playing the Spartan Ops in the Xbox One, I felt on easy mode that the enemies are harder than regular enemies in the campaigns of Halo 1 and 2. For some reason, I manage to complete episode 1 part one in legendary but the other parts on easy mode, I can barely hold on and complete that mission. I haven’t completed any mission in normal mode because the Promethean. The only enemy I always have a problem on is those dam Promethean Watcher. To me, their health is so overrated, once I see them I shoot them a couple of time, they flee. I don’t care much about they healing the others but they are too cheap and overrated for them taking a lot of damage and fleeing a lot. How hard is it in Halo 4 since the Promethean Watcher will be there.

I’ve played many Spartan Ops missions dozens of times, but the missions with Prometheans I have played exactly and only once. I hate 'em too. As for the watchers, it’s all about the DMR. If you’re not using it to “head shot” them then you’ll never get through it. The DMR will carry you through easy and normal modes without a problem. You could probably even make it through Heroic. Legendary Spartan Ops is strictly for co-op. Don’t even try it solo. It’s nothing but a world of pain.

i felt the same way, seems like all the Prometheans are nothing but bullet sponges.

It’s just something that requires patience, because it’s impossible to lose at.

I don’t know how different it is, but I’m complete with the first 8 chapters of SpOps solo legendary in the MCC. The loadout I use mostly is LR, Carbine, and Auto sentry. The sentry is the key to not losing your mind IMO. It’s like having a second player, and at the very least distracts most enemies long enough to kill them.

Because of respawn the only problem I ever had was in that mission that requires you to save the generators while getting pounded into dust by prometheans over and over. Don’t know how I got through it solo but I managed, sheer luck the generators held up that long considering how fast the snipers kill you, it feels just like Halo 2 Jackal snipers while playing SpOps solo on legendary.

I also noticed that Fuel Rod ammo shoots faster when wielded by Grunts than when used by Elites. It’s total Bull. I think it’s different compared to the campaign because you’re not using the Chief, or at least it feels that way to me; as if the Master Chief is hardier than the Spartan IV’s.

I know this is slightly off topic if not slightly related, but any of you wanna do Spartan Ops on Halo4? I’ve never done it and want to…
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/d76f090378914a9bb85312f87cf09b99/topics/spartan-ops---looking-for-people-to-coop/8ac3a16c-6a34-464e-818e-8568ddf51c34/posts?page=1

Never felt that way personally but in my case Spartan Ops just sucks without other people to play with. No matchmaking for it with the MCC stinks. I understand it wasn’t a popular mode but damn.

> 2533274802353938;7:
> Never felt that way personally but in my case Spartan Ops just sucks without other people to play with. No matchmaking for it with the MCC stinks. I understand it wasn’t a popular mode but damn.

Same here. It’s like Firefight where it doesn’t motivate you to play the entire session in solo.
I finished only some levels as a result…

> 2533274873843883;2:
> I’ve played many Spartan Ops missions dozens of times, but the missions with Prometheans I have played exactly and only once. I hate 'em too. As for the watchers, it’s all about the DMR. If you’re not using it to “head shot” them then you’ll never get through it. The DMR will carry you through easy and normal modes without a problem. You could probably even make it through Heroic. Legendary Spartan Ops is strictly for co-op. Don’t even try it solo. It’s nothing but a world of pain.

Good advice! In addition to this, make sure you are using regen-field as much as possible. Thing is a life saver against watchers.

Also, you can use this loadout I found handy for Spartan Ops Legendary Solo runthroughs.

Primary Weapon-DMR
Secondary Weapon-Plasma Pistol
Grenade-Plasma Grenade
Armor Ability-Autosentry
Tactical Package-Shielding
Support Upgrade-Dexterity

The DMR will allow you to headshot non-shielded, non-promethian (Exception to crawlers) enemies. The Plasma Pistol will eat shields off of Knights and Elites, allowing you to quick swap to the DMR and do the finishing headshot. Watchers seem to have a bit of a resistance to covenant weapons from my experiences on Spartan Ops Legendary runthrough, and the DMR seems to deal more damage to them than a carbine, storm rifle or plasma pistol.

The plasma grenades are for enemy vehicles(If you don’t want to EMP and hi-jack them) as well as hunters, knights, and elites. The Autosentry in Spartan Ops is the base game non-nerfed variant, meaning rapid-fire sniper distance Autosentry. The Autosentry will work as a fellow marksman as well as distraction, and alarm for nearby enemies.

Shielding and Dexterity make a great combo for Spartan Ops on legendary difficulty. This will allow you to prepare faster when taking cover with faster shield regeneration rate and faster reload speed. Even when in the open these two working together can be the difference between make or break.

Hope this helps you out and have a nice day now.

spartan ops is easy

> 2533274924502890;11:
> spartan ops is easy

I agree because you can respawn unlimited amount of times.

I’ve always enjoyed challenges. Just build a fire team with either friends you know who Halo or new ones online. If you concentrate and coordinate fire as a team on one target you start to pick off enemies easily.