How hard is getting a 50?

Hey guys, for years I had wanted to get a 50 in Halo 3 and after ALOT of time and hard work I finally achieved it last month (legit too, yay!). With that goal out of the way I would kinda like to reach 50 in Halo 4 as well before MCC hits the scene. How hard is it, in comparison with Halo 3, and what playlist would you suggest I go for it in?

It honestly depends on how much time you are willing to put in and also how highly you regard certain 50’s.

I would say at this point in the game, only 5 of the 13 possible 50s are actually possible. Those would be: BTB, Team Slayer, Doubles, Rumble Pit and Snipers. I would also say SWAT which I previously had a 50 in but it took me a long time to get the 50 due to not so many people taking SWAT seriously which makes ranking up hard because you must outscore higher ranked players (there are very few over a 40 still playing).

BTB is by far the easiest 50 to get and you could probably grind out a 50 within 3-4 hours worth of play (Must have taken me no more than 30 games). The 16 player lobbies means that you will almost always run into at least one or two 50s (and plenty of other high ranked players). With so many variables involved such as vehicles and Infinity settings granting you cheap abilities and weapons, its really easy to rack up lots of kills. This makes it easier for a skilled player when it does come down to individual battles because most players with 50s in the playlist are average at best. Because of this a BTB 50 is usually laughed upon or dismissed as it isn’t a true test of skill. I’d still go for it but I wouldn’t say it holds any significance (especially compared to a H3 50).

Team Snipers is also a fairly easy 50 and surprisingly didn’t take me so much longer than a BTB 50. Despite the wacky gametypes the playlist now hosts, its a hot spot for sweaty players.If you are half decent with the Sniper you’ll easily get it. Though who am I kidding, most games consist of either Covie Snipers on Ragnarok or Forerunner Snipers on Exile. Far from fun. I’m nothing special of a player and was surprised it was that easy which is why I’m slightly confused to how highly its regarded.

Grinding for my Rumble Pit 50 may have been some of the best times I’ve had on Halo. There are so many good players making for really close and competitive games. The Infinity settings and Regicide can be annoying but its a fairly easy 50. FFA is one of my weaker points in Halo and I was still beating guys with 50s by 15 kills on Pro settings which makes you wonder how they got the 50 in the first place but also makes the 50 so much easier. I doubt it took me anything more than 50 games and it is fairly highly regarded.

Of the lot, Team Slayer and Doubles are the highest regarded but also require many more hours of play. On top of that you need to be better than the average good player. I’m not sure if I’m capable of a 50 in Slayer or Doubles (though have beaten numerous players with ease who have 50s in both…) but I’m definitely going to try for the Team Slayer 50 in the MCC. I’d go for it now but you honestly need a very good team (for both) and mine much prefer to play customs or are playing Destiny due to Infinity settings ruining both Slayer and Doubles. I dislike Doubles because of the standoff esc gameplay, Infinity settings always being picked (allows abuse of Jet Pack and PV) but also it is completely based on connection (Slayer not so much). If you have a good team and is very good, may as well go for it. I personally regard a Slayer 50 as much higher than any of the above.

Yeah, 50 in BTB is so easy any noob could do it in Halo 4. *looks around awkwardly and hopes nobody noticed CSR in BTB

Seriously though, please update this post when you get a 50 in H4. I see people that can get them in H3 in their sleep and haven’t hit it in H4 (and have tried a decent amount too). Yet I always hear how easy it is… I’m curious how it goes for you.

You have to be a total MLG pro to get a 50 in this game. If you get one know that you are 100% a better person than everyone else.

> You have to be a total MLG pro to get a 50 in this game. If you get one know that you are 100% a better person than everyone else.

LOL such a troll dude.

> It honestly depends on how much time you are willing to put in and also how highly you regard certain 50’s.

TBH I don’t care about 4 all that much so I might just try BTB. Really all I am after is to get a CSR 50 by my name. I’m willing to spend a few weeks on it if need be though from the sound of it I’m hoping I don’t need that long.

> especially compared to a H3 50

I sincerely hope it’s not as difficult. I am very glad to have my H3 50 but I’m not 100% sure I would do that again.

> Seriously though, please update this post when you get a 50 in H4. I see people that can get them in H3 in their sleep and haven’t hit it in H4 (and have tried a decent amount too). Yet I always hear how easy it is… I’m curious how it goes for you.

Will do, though be prepared for some thread necromancy :wink:

1 Like

good luck. im on the road to 50. btb seems the easiest but i dont play btb often. i want a rumble and snipers 50.

i have played a ton of this game. its the first ever online game fps or otherwise ive played. i remember people playing halo 2 in college. never got into it. somehow halo 4 hooked me.

as someone who started from nothing getting a 50 seems pretty hard. annoying when guys who have put a thousand hours into halo 2, 3, and reach come on here and talk about how its so easy to get a 50. obviously its gonna be easy if you’re already awesome at halo.

> 2533274804898926;3:
> Yeah, 50 in BTB is so easy any noob could do it in Halo 4. *looks around awkwardly and hopes nobody noticed CSR in BTB
>
> Seriously though, please update this post when you get a 50 in H4. I see people that can get them in H3 in their sleep and haven’t hit it in H4 (and have tried a decent amount too). Yet I always hear how easy it is… I’m curious how it goes for you.

As per your request, I’m letting you know I got my 50 in BTB a few hours ago.

I haven’t really been trying that long; I was intending to start this game back when I made this thread but I got sidetracked with other games and life stuff. I actually thought I wouldn’t get to this considering MCC but with the disaster that’s been I’m in no hurry to spend over $300 on a console so I can play one game that doesn’t even work. Anyway, I only started trying for a 50 on the 3rd of this month. I’ve put in generally 1-2 hours a day since then, which is about 100 games total I would say.

Now that I have 50s in both 3 & 4 I can say without a doubt that getting it in 4 was easier. It wasn’t ridiculously simple, but compared to the level of play that goes on past 45 on 3 this game has nothing. There were a few games I played when I was a 46 where I wasn’t impressed with how I did but I nonetheless ranked up to a 47. That would have never happened in Halo 3 because every level past 45 was a struggle to maintain/advance if you weren’t playing at your best. Level 49 was the only time it seemed like it took a while to move up, but compared to the ~35 straight wins it took to advance from 48 to 49 on Halo 3 it was pretty tame.

With that said I did face a few of the same frustrations in both games. I ran into teammates betraying me for power weapons, bk teams, and it seemed that the higher my CSR got the more laggy some of these matches became. Also the JIP system really sucks because getting dropped into a game where someone already has over 100 points is really terrible. JIP has got to be my least favorite part about this game and I find it ridiculous that you’re expected to get the highest score when your put in a game that could be halfway over. I know that its possible to avoid it, but honestly it seemed like cheating so I dealt with the hands I was given. It probably slowed me down but it feels more legit this way.

Now I realize that I got my 50 in the easiest playlist of this game, so there could definitely be some more challenging 50s out there. I personally do not intend on getting another 50 in a different playlist because this game honestly isn’t holding my interest like 3 did. However, I would say that anyone who can get a legit 50 in Halo 3 can do the same for Halo 4. I do not beleive the opposite is true. Roughly guessing, the skill it takes to get a Halo 4 50 is probably equal to a 40-42 in Halo 3.

50 what?

50 what?

kills?

> 2533274995703044;9:
> 50 what?

csr dude…

> 2533274879684063;1:
> Hey guys, for years I had wanted to get a 50 in Halo 3 and after ALOT of time and hard work I finally achieved it last month (legit too, yay!). With that goal out of the way I would kinda like to reach 50 in Halo 4 as well before MCC hits the scene. How hard is it, in comparison with Halo 3, and what playlist would you suggest I go for it in?

If you managed to get one in H3 it will be a piece of cake in H4.

I’m level 130 but level 50 is the longest rank to get to but if you play halo everyday and don’t leave games you will get there a lot quicker then usual and try and have a high kill score so you get more xp

I’m not a Multiplayer person, but most of my pro PvP friends have 50 in at least one Playlist.