How Halo 5's story can be redeemed

I played Halo 5. Multiplayer was alright, campaign gameplay was cool, forge was awesome (the controls suck though), but the story was complete garbage. 343 created an irrelevant story that had nothing to do with 4, and Halo 4 had an awesome story. But there is a way to mostly redeem it. First, they must say that all the trailers (except gameplay trailers)for Halo 5 were actually for Halo 6. Have the Halo 5 Cortana just be a clone, and have the real Cortana that we know and love return. Make it a death fight between Chief and Locke in Halo 6. Say that Jul Madama was using a body double and have him coming with an army of brutes and remaining Covenant. Have the Didact return and say he was controlling the Warden Eternal and the clone Cortana.

Now we can assume that Halo 5 was only the beginning. The REAL game is Halo 6. There are many other great ideas to throw in too. This is just a fraction was what could potentially be one of the best Halo games ever.

If 343 does this then I will not hate Halo 5’s story as much. (Also bring back split screen, and make the cutscenes like Halo 4)

Any other ideas?

A lot of things things you suggested I am sorta ok with. And about the forge controls with all due respect, you are wrong. At first I also thought the controls were too complicated. But i did get used to them. And now I am proficient with them. Halo 5 forge is without a doubt the best forge ever. But i also think Halo Reach has some of the best maps ever. Man Forge world. My favorite forge map of all time.

> 2533274985084926;2:
> A lot of things things you suggested I am sorta ok with. And about the forge controls with all due respect, you are wrong. At first I also thought the controls were too complicated. But i did get used to them. And now I am proficient with them. Halo 5 forge is without a doubt the best forge ever. But i also think Halo Reach has some of the best maps ever. Man Forge world. My favorite forge map of all time.

The forge was awesome, it is just the controls that confused me. I wish they kept them the same as Halo reach and Halo 4. They were easy to understand. Halo 5’s forge controls are way to confusing to me. The controls are literally 100% different from Halo Reach and Halo 4 style.

Somebody at 343 said in an interview somewhere that Halo players who think Cortana is a “bad guy” are people who don’t understand subtlety or nuance. It was an unfortunate thing to say about your fans, but it also happened to be completely true. When the typical Halo-playing teenager looks back on the Halo 5 story fifteen years from now they’ll see it in a very different way than they do now. The world isn’t always black and white. Sometimes good people do bad things for all the right reasons. Just because your story’s hero is at odds with another character does not necessarily make that other character evil. Etc. Etc. Etc. Sorry, but Halo 5’s story needs no redemption. It needs an audience of people with the capability of appreciating it.

As long as Locke dies in the first opening cinematic scene I dont care what else happens. Halo 6 would be way better than 5

> 2533274873843883;4:
> Somebody at 343 said in an interview somewhere that Halo players who think Cortana is a “bad guy” are people who don’t understand subtlety or nuance. It was an unfortunate thing to say about your fans, but it also happened to be completely true. When the typical Halo-playing teenager looks back on the Halo 5 story fifteen years from now they’ll see it in a very different way than they do now. The world isn’t always black and white. Sometimes good people do bad things for all the right reasons. Just because your story’s hero is at odds with another character does not necessarily make that other character evil. Etc. Etc. Etc. Sorry, but Halo 5’s story needs no redemption. It needs an audience of people with the capability of appreciating it.

I didn’t like Fireteam Osiris because they were unneeded characters. Jul Madama dies easily, 343 finished off everything from Halo 4 and Spartan Ops in comics, they decided to create new characters for fireteam Osiris instead of just making the entire Team Jun and the ODST team from Halo ODST. They chose to create other stories for those characters. It’s just like a bunch of unneeded stuff was thrown in the game. What if Bungie chose to make Halo 2 into a comic instead of a game then skipped right to Halo 3. That would be a terrible idea. Too many unanswered questions. Nobody is going to read the comics. Halo 5 should have been the comics from Halo 4. Plus the cutscenes look better in 4 than 5, and some of the weapons had better decisions in 4 than 5. Plasma pistol, carbine, battle rifle, pistol…etc. Plus the trailers were 99% bullcrap. I mean trailers are always going to have a little bit of BS, but Halo 5 had 99% BS of story trailers. Plus Cortana’s new design looks like garbage. Also you should get req points from playing campaign and custom games and forge just like credits in Halo Reach. There should also be daily challenges too. But 343 wants it to be a pay to win. Plus 90% of the helmets look like garbage. In Halo reach and halo 4 most of the helmets were awesome that it was tough to decide what to wear, but for Halo 5 your spartan looks stupid with most of those helmets. There are many other things that I just don’t want to say. Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, halo 4 had a setup where you could understand it just fine without reading the comics. Halo 5…
Plus Cortana is evil, but the legendary ending should have been should have been the real Cortana is somehow alive and says “John, I’m still here John” or a hint that the Didact is controlling her. Not just a Guilty Spark hum and we see a Halo ring for 2 seconds.

> 2606994427175121;5:
> As long as Locke dies in the first opening cinematic scene I don’t care what else happens. Halo 6 would be way better than 5

I wish you were right but they won’t kill off a main protagonist that quickly. In my opinion fireteam Osiris should have been Rookie, Buck, Jun, Dutch or Romeo. Yes I know you won’t be able to fit all of them in so you need to think of another story for a couple of them but Tanaka, Vale, and Locke were all just unneeded. But good thing we can (hopefully) look forward to Halo 3: Anniversary.