How halo 5's gameplay contradicts the golden tria

The golden triangle of halo is the philosophy of combat which consists of fighting with three combat options, gun, melee and grenades. In halo 1-3 this philosophy was implemented heavily in multiplayer gameplay. This gave everyone true equal starts with only use of these 3 combat options to fight (excluding equipment and powerups) which are available to the player all the time. Thus the only thing seperating players is simply, skill. This gave halo 1-3 a very simple, yet competitive gameplay.

In halo 5 however, a few spartan abilities contradict the availability to use these abilities all the time. sprint is one popular example. Whenever you’re sprinting, you literally put your gun (and grenades) unavailable for use. The same is said for sliding and clamber. So instead of dying only because the other player was better at using the three combat options, you also die because you were sprinting too much, sliding at the wrong time, sprinting when you should be fighting, and so on… This makes the gameplay complex and excessively random. This also has happened in halo 4 and reach, but only worse.

In halo 4 and reach there were just too many unequal starts and combat options, causing so much randomness and complexity that you’re more likely to die because he gained a height advantage with jetpack or his armour lock was on etc. Most of the abilities themselves also contradicted the 3 gameplay options. It became too unbalanced.

Yes, halo 5 can still be competitive, however it will never have that simplistic and unique halo gameplay halo 1-3 implemented so well. I’m not asking for a Halo 1-3 clone, I’m asking for a focus on building the game around this golden triangle so that we can all have the unique, simple and competitive gameplay. The gameplay that made halo so successful.

Halo 5 has so much potential 343, I truly appreciate the changes such as equal starts, no AAs, descope. But if you want to make a good halo game, you have to pay attention to what made successful.

The triangle plus and a nonagon?

It is funny when they talked about these new spartan abilities being the 4th leg to our gameplay, when I recall Bungie saying the same things about the armor abilities for Reach. And look what happened.

OP is a crybaby, who cannot adapt & survive. If only somebody would make a game that had all of the features OP desires…its a shame that such a game does not exist, but if it did I am sure it would be called Halo 2 or 3.

> 2533274792468685;4:
> OP is a crybaby, who cannot adapt & survive. If only somebody would make a game that had all of the features OP desires…its a shame that such a game does not exist, but if it did I am sure it would be called Halo 2 or 3.

It’s not about adapting cuz frankly that is easy to do. Be more constructive with your posts.

> 2533274792468685;4:
> OP is a crybaby, who cannot adapt & survive. If only somebody would make a game that had all of the features OP desires…its a shame that such a game does not exist, but if it did I am sure it would be called Halo 2 or 3.

How about you try adapting to the older halo’s then :slight_smile:

> 2533274854380129;6:
> > 2533274792468685;4:
> > OP is a crybaby, who cannot adapt & survive. If only somebody would make a game that had all of the features OP desires…its a shame that such a game does not exist, but if it did I am sure it would be called Halo 2 or 3.
>
>
> How about you try adapting to the older halo’s then :slight_smile:

If by older Halos you mean Halo CE, then yes I will rock your world. If you mean the gutter bore trash known as Halo 2 or 3 Battle Rifle Editions then you may have a shot at the title due to me falling asleep from boredom.

> 2533274854380129;6:
> > 2533274792468685;4:
> > OP is a crybaby, who cannot adapt & survive. If only somebody would make a game that had all of the features OP desires…its a shame that such a game does not exist, but if it did I am sure it would be called Halo 2 or 3.
>
>

Why? They’re irrelevant. I love them and will play the MCC for a long time, but that’s a love letter for old -Yoinks!- like me in the community. Halo 5 is the future, and boy is it looking bright!!

It has come down to should the written canon and story influence the way the game is played?

The books write about sprinting, running and ect but why can’t the game play match it?

Should canon be ignored in multiplayer?

> 2533274792468685;4:

Adapt argument has to stop. We can adapt.

It’s like throwing someone in a cold environment and telling them to adapt, of course they can do it, but they wont like it .

This is a new game, not halo ce or halo 2 or 3; it’s 2015 video games have evolved get used to it

> 2533274833138074;9:
> It has come down to should the written canon and story influence the way the game is played?
>
> The books write about sprinting, running and ect but why can’t the game play match it?

What if I told you that we have been sprinting without needing to press a button? Yet we can still shoot and do other actions as well.

Base movement is fine, just tilt the analog stick as far as it can go to “sprint”.

> 2533274833138074;9:
> It has come down to should the written canon and story influence the way the game is played?
>
> The books write about sprinting, running and ect but why can’t the game play match it?
>
> Should canon be ignored in multiplayer?

In my opinion canon should come second in terms of multiplayer gameplay. Who cares if the canon corresponds well with gameplay if the gameplay is boring?

> 2533274898131165;10:
> > 2533274792468685;4:
>
>
> Adapt argument has to stop. We can adapt.
>
> It’s like throwing someone in a cold environment and telling them to adapt, of course they can do it, but they wont like it .

Well how about throwing them in a warm fuzzy womb called Halo MCC???

How in the world can you guys even -Yoink!- when Halo MCC is right there for you and your lame H2 & 3 wet dreams???

> 2533274854380129;6:
> > 2533274792468685;4:
>
>

Ignore him, this guy has been starting -Yoink- all day.

> 2533274808578327;12:
> > 2533274833138074;9:
> > It has come down to should the written canon and story influence the way the game is played?
> >
> > The books write about sprinting, running and ect but why can’t the game play match it?
>
>
>
> What if I told you that we have been sprinting without needing to press a button? Yet we can still shoot and do other actions as well.
>
> Base movement is fine, just tilt the analog stick as far as it can go to “sprint”.

I always considered sprinting to be an emergency thing, “dead mans sprint” so to speak. I walk / run normally in the ready mode mostly, but I can see how sprint is overused.

> 2533274854380129;13:
> > 2533274833138074;9:
> > It has come down to should the written canon and story influence the way the game is played?
> >
> > The books write about sprinting, running and ect but why can’t the game play match it?
> >
> > Should canon be ignored in multiplayer?
>
>
>
> In my opinion canon should come second in terms of multiplayer gameplay. Who cares if the canon corresponds well with gameplay if the gameplay is boring?

The canon for Halo 4’s multiplayer made sense, but it was simply impossible to carry out with random uncoordinated people and with respawns.

Certain people can be marksmans, others close range stormtroopers and ectetera and teams organized along those lines.

It could have worked and can work, but the disconnect between most players and the canon rendered it moot.

So does dual-wielding and yet people want it back.

I am a whiney crybaby who is getting owned left and right in Halo 5 because I lack the basic abilities to adapt and survive. I used to think I was somebody on some lame-o ten year old game, but now sadly realize I am nothing but a mere stain at the end of a real games boot!

so movements doesn’t fin in anywhere? I’m pretty sure most pros & everyone else uses movement old & new school

> 2533274833138074;16:
> > 2533274808578327;12:
> > > 2533274833138074;9:
> > > It has come down to should the written canon and story influence the way the game is played?
> > >
> > > The books write about sprinting, running and ect but why can’t the game play match it?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > What if I told you that we have been sprinting without needing to press a button? Yet we can still shoot and do other actions as well.
> >
> > Base movement is fine, just tilt the analog stick as far as it can go to “sprint”.
>
>
>
>
> I always considered sprinting to be an emergency thing, “dead mans sprint” so to speak. I walk / run normally in the ready mode mostly, but I can see how sprint is overused.

I mean we are naturally faster then the human npcs in the games, so it’s not like the canon was abandoned or anything.

> 2533274812652989;17:
> So does dual-wielding and yet people want it back.

What’s wrong with dual wield?