How halo 5 should deal with quitters in Arena

Ok so this is how I think people who leave the game should be handled. I think that when someone quits they automatically lose a rank. If someone is 1 game lost to go down a rank then he or she will lose 2 ranks. Also for the people who did not leave. If they lose then their rank will not be affected as much as if they had a 4 people on the team. If 2 people leave the team then the other 2 rank will not be affected at all and they can leave the match without affecting their rank. They should also do this for big team battle too. I hate when people leave because they are losing. It happens all the time. I always stick to the end unless if all 3 people in my team left. I understand if you leave because it’s 2vs4 or 4vs8 but leaving when it’s 4vs4 or 8vs8 is unacceptable and should be punished severely. And for those who say “I brought the game I have the right to leave the game whenever I want” well what about the other 3 people who brought the game. They have the right to play a even match and they can’t enjoy it because your dumb -Yoink- left. If you did not joined they could have gotten someone who don’t leave. Well anyways do you agree?

None of the above. They don’t know the difference between server issues and quitters. This needs fixing first. As it stands, it sucks.

When they check out the spawns and have a fair matchmaking please do call me

Yeah i agree, but I also think the matchmaking ban time should be increased. One quit should get you the ban.
Dont search Arena if you don’t plan on finishing the game.

Also I’ve been kicked for server issues and the game just didn’t count, so I don’t believe that issue.
i think you guys are leaving because of lag and blaming the game.

> 2533274863232329;2:
> None of the above. They don’t know the difference between server issues and quitters. This needs fixing first. As it stands, it sucks.

They know alright. It’s also a dedicated server which makes it easier to tell if it’s your internet cuz where do you think dedicated servers go off of? You connect to their server with your internet, no interference with other players, you lag out, they’ll look at your connection and make the judgment after looking into it. You say they can’t tell but that’s hard to believe if they can find cheaters messing around the server as well.

> 2533274868394351;3:
> When they check out the spawns and have a fair matchmaking please do call me

Has any halo game had it perfect from the get go? I sure remember h2 when it started off. cringes.

> 2533274923562209;5:
> > 2533274863232329;2:
> > None of the above. They don’t know the difference between server issues and quitters. This needs fixing first. As it stands, it sucks.
>
>
> They know alright. It’s also a dedicated server which makes it easier to tell if it’s your internet cuz where do you think dedicated servers go off of? You connect to their server with your internet, no interference with other players, you lag out, they’ll look at your connection and make the judgment after looking into it. You say they can’t tell but that’s hard to believe if they can find cheaters messing around the server as well.

It’s an algorithm. You could never handle it with people and a it’s more than likely programmed to “if x is no longer in game then y”.

> 2533274923562209;6:
> > 2533274868394351;3:
> > When they check out the spawns and have a fair matchmaking please do call me
>
>
> Has any halo game had it perfect from the get go? I sure remember h2 when it started off. cringes.

That doesn’t change it. Sure it’s no unique, but it’s still a problem that needs to be addressed.

> 2533274923562209;5:
> > 2533274863232329;2:
> > None of the above. They don’t know the difference between server issues and quitters. This needs fixing first. As it stands, it sucks.
>
>
> They know alright. It’s also a dedicated server which makes it easier to tell if it’s your internet cuz where do you think dedicated servers go off of? You connect to their server with your internet, no interference with other players, you lag out, they’ll look at your connection and make the judgment after looking into it. You say they can’t tell but that’s hard to believe if they can find cheaters messing around the server as well.

I would like to agree with you, but they clearly don’t look at the difference if thats the case. I know too many bans that have happened due to server issues their end. EU gets it worse when we are thrown in with the US and get dropped just before game start due to their server issues. This means a drop in rank and a quit mark against you. My point is that a ban is not always the players fault, but sometimes the way 343 has the servers set, if they can tell the difference, then people should only be banned for genuine reasons. This is not the case. Either they do know but enforce regardless or they don’t know and ban just incase. Either way this is bad and needs sorting. We also find that a fire team member can’t connect to dedicated server, but instead of pulling the fire team, we are stuck to play a game while the other member sits and waits doing nothing. Why should someone get banned if they quit out because their fire team member gets dropped due to server issues. So many problems with 343’s setup.

No, they need to have JIP for people that get disc (like league of legends, but you guy sits there til he dies and when you rejoin your score gets a -1 if slayer).
In addition, a better option would be to pair quitters with quitters, this would create motivation for people not to quit.
Now how to fix people that truly have bad internet? there is no real fix for this as it would almost be impossible to determine a bad connection from someone that unplugs or gets disconnected. However, JIP would be a start, so if the player comes back timely the penalty could be much less or non existent.

Lowering ranks will not mean much especially for people that don’t care about ranks, or rage quit.

I think you should add a “Quitters deserve a penalty, but different from the one I suggest” for some people you have them vote between -Yoink!- and Donald Trump.