How Halo 4 Can Be An Outstanding Game

The following are my ideas and concerns for Halo 4. I write them with hope that 343i sees them and takes them into account.

Campaign

Halo is one of the few games with an in depth and interesting storyline. The campaign is where games like CoD fall short. Halo has a whole universe. All I can really ask here is to continue the legacy of Halo and make it just as awesome as Halo 1,2 and 3. However, I ask that you DO NOT under any circumstances EVER show the chief’s face. And please DO NOT show too much emotion coming from him. That’s all I really have to say about campaign. I trust this will be nothing short of amazing.

Firefight

Firefight has a lot of potential. However, in order for it to be successful, it must ditch the Reach route and and travel back to ODST. Give incentive to play it, give larger amounts of credits for getting far(I’ll explain credit system later and what these credits will be used for). Take a page out of Mass Effect 3’s book. I suggest being allowed to choose different loadouts (obviously everyone cannot have rockets though) by choosing weapons(maybe unlocked from packs like ME3) and ranking up a character(You could unlock characters with different abilities like flood guys UNSC soldiers, spartans1-4, elites, brutes, grunts, etc) to have abilities in firefight mode only. I also suggest that 343 implements the ability to change the enemy, for example: Covenant with elites, Covenant with brutes, Flood, Sentinels, and even UNSC and then whatever new enemies/allies they implement. The possibilities are endless. 343 has a great opportunity to make firefight great and I hope they don’t waste it.

Credit System and Rank

I was going to put this into the Multiplayer section but I decided it needs its own. Halo 4 should have a credit system and a ranking system. The ranking system should be a 1-50 like in Halo 2 and 3 and should show skill. It should be based on winning rather than personal stats. There needs to be ranked, and social playlists I’m sure if 343 is reading this, they know by now what kind of skill-based ranking system the community wants so I wont delve into that too much. However, the credit system should stay. Credits should be used only for unlocking armor, packs in firefight if they were there and anything else material and not related to leveling up. A person would get a relatively small amount of credits from multiplayer and Firefight is where the big credits would be. The higher the set you go the more credits you get. I feel this would add incentive to play firefight and explore the game more rather than just playing multuplayer all the time. In addition, you should be able to gamble credits. There should be a playlist just for it. Maybe an option for everyone to throw in credits during a reg game, say two teams were trash talking and wanted to raise the stakes. A credit system adds flare and variety to the game, however, Multiplayer rank should be independent and show skill.

Multiplayer

The multiplayer in Halo 2 and Halo 3 was perfect. Go back to it. Make Halo simple again. No armor abilities, no sprint. Just make active camo and overshield pick-ups. Don’t do loadouts, make everyone start with the same weapon. Include a bigger big team. I want more than 18 players, amp it up. I want to see big battles including the vehicles. Invasion was one of the few good things that can be taken from Reach. That’s basically it; that’s the award winning formula we all know and love.

> The following are my ideas and concerns for Halo 4. I write them with hope that 343i sees them and takes them into account.
>
> Campaign
>
> Halo is one of the few games with an in depth and interesting storyline. The campaign is where games like CoD fall short. Halo has a whole universe. All I can really ask here is to continue the legacy of Halo and make it just as awesome as Halo 1,2 and 3. However, I ask that you DO NOT under any circumstances EVER show the chief’s face. And please DO NOT show too much emotion coming from him. That’s all I really have to say about campaign. I trust this will be nothing short of amazing.
>
> Firefight
>
> Firefight has a lot of potential. However, in order for it to be successful, it must ditch the Reach route and and travel back to ODST. Give incentive to play it, give larger amounts of credits for getting far(I’ll explain credit system later and what these credits will be used for). Take a page out of Mass Effect 3’s book. I suggest being allowed to choose different loadouts (obviously everyone cannot have rockets though) by choosing weapons(maybe unlocked from packs like ME3) and ranking up a character(You could unlock characters with different abilities like flood guys UNSC soldiers, spartans1-4, elites, brutes, grunts, etc) to have abilities in firefight mode only. I also suggest that 343 implements the ability to change the enemy, for example: Covenant with elites, Covenant with brutes, Flood, Sentinels, and even UNSC and then whatever new enemies/allies they implement. The possibilities are endless. 343 has a great opportunity to make firefight great and I hope they don’t waste it.
>
> <mark>Credit System and Rank</mark>
> <mark>I was going to put this into the Multiplayer section but I decided it needs its own. Halo 4 should have a credit system and a ranking system. The ranking system should be a 1-50 like in Halo 2 and 3 and should show skill. It should be based on winning rather than personal stats. I’m sure if 343 is reading this, they know by now what kind of skill-based ranking system the community wants so I wont delve into that too much. However, the credit system should stay. Credits should be used only for unlocking armor, packs in firefight if they were there and anything else material and not related to leveling up. A person would get a relatively small amount of credits from multiplayer and Firefight is where the big credits would be. The higher the set you go the more credits you get. I feel this would add incentive to play firefight and explore the game more rather than just playing multuplayer all the time. In addition, you should be able to gamble credits. There should be a playlist just for it. Maybe an option for everyone to throw in credits during a reg game, say two teams were trash talking and wanted to raise the stakes. A credit system adds flare and variety to the game, however, Multiplayer rank should be independent and show skill.</mark>
>
> Multiplayer
>
> The multiplayer in Halo 2 and Halo 3 was perfect. Go back to it. Make Halo simple again. No armor abilities, no sprint. Just make active camo and overshield pick-ups. Don’t do loadouts, make everyone start with the same weapon. Include a bigger big team. I want more than 18 players, amp it up. I want to see big battles including the vehicles. Invasion was one of the few good things that can be taken from Reach. That’s basically it; that’s the award winning formula we all know and love.

How about True Medals?

Why yes, this sounds nice.