how firefight [verses] can be FUN.

In Reach who plays Firefight Verses? Probably nobody.

Either Elites are too strong and it’s unfair to the Spartans. Or the Elites are weaker and unfun for them. Plus it just seems put together last minute.

First Thing

Allow “Elites” (or whoever the enemy is) to fight Humans NPC’s. Creating a new layer of Fire Fight.

Second Off

Add better options for the hordes. For example what weapons each can use. Making it possible to create Sword Wielding enemies rush you by the dozens. Or have a rocket launcher fiesta.

Another option is improve the options we have now. For example “Fire Rate” would allow a “Zero” which means enemies would not fire a single round. The highest would be “Water Fall” which means enemies have bottomless clip and literally never stop firing, Even effects vehicles.

Things like Sight and Hearing would go as far as totally blind to being able to see and hear players through walls, accross maps.

As well as Aggression. A low level would mean enemies stay back. A high level means they would rush you no matter what, giving you hell.

Last Off

Commands. Yes. As an Elite (using Elites because we are used to them) you are able to command your forces. Using the D PAD.

Up Key-Move to (Where pointer is)
Down Key-Regroup (On player)
Left-No orders (they act alone)
Right-Grenade position

As well as getting vehicle drops and such. Allowing a more tactical feeling in Verses.

However this also works for Spartans. Same rules with Marines and ODST and such. However in Versus Marines and ODST don’t come in as much as hordes of covenant.

That’s just my idea.

Sup.

My idea: Make it like Gears 3 Beast Mode where we are able to play as any of the enemies.

The problem with firefight (and online co-op as well) is the beyond awful netcode.

Fix that before anything please.

> The problem with firefight (and online co-op as well) is the beyond awful netcode.
>
> Fix that before anything please.

YES! It was such a shame how much of a waste firefight was in reach because it had such terrible support. I think most people who play it online now just do it for the challenges

I was looking forward to versus sooo much, but i only remember being a playlist for a month or two, and i never played it cause of the lag.
If 343 fixed online firefight and put in versus i would be soooo happy

> > The problem with firefight (and online co-op as well) is the beyond awful netcode.
> >
> > Fix that before anything please.
>
> YES! It was such a shame how much of a waste firefight was in reach because it had such terrible support. I think most people who play it online now just do it for the challenges
>
> I was looking forward to versus sooo much, but i only remember being a playlist for a month or two, and i never played it cause of the lag.
> If 343 fixed online firefight and put in versus i would be soooo happy

This is the reason why it never made it far or successful in Reach, unfortunately.

The game mode is quite fun when you actually play it, offline. But it’s not always easy to pull together people who are online, on Halo and want to play Verses.

For the future, I not only hope it returns with a better net code but other game types do not suffer in the same was Versus did.