how far in the future will halo 5 be?

i am assuming something happens to the mastercheif at the end of halo 4 again, i could be wrong or maybe he goes back to earth or a space station for a huge debriefing of requiem and all of his other battles because they said spartan ops takes place 6 months after the events of halo 4 and then builds bridges on to halo 5. so thats a pretty long time after halo 4 and you will still be fighting prometheans and all kinds of threats in spartan ops, so the threat is still huge but master chief is inactive for 6 months? or will he possibly be an Npc in spartan ops?

The Chief is off doing his own thing for those 6 months and during the event of Spartan Ops. Spartan Ops follows two, 4-man squads of Spartan IVs. That’s 8 Spartans-IVs out of almost 300. Requiem is a big place, and a lot can happen.

Anyway, Frankie has commented that you may run into the Chief during the events of Spartan Ops, so we’ll likely find out what he’s up to.

To answer your first question: I’d imagine Halo 5 would take place a year or so after Halo 4.

> To answer your first question: I’d imagine Halo 5 would take place a year or so after Halo 4.

Is the UNSC going to have enough resources, ships, and soldiers to span the next couple of games?

Probably no more than a year,
or maybe 7 months after, as the main trilogy (1, 2, and 3,) take place over a couple months at least, and they don’t want the time frame to be too far.

> I’d imagine Halo 5 would take place a year or so after Halo 4.

That or maybe a total of a few years later.

hmm thats something new with a pretty big gap between 2 games in the new trilogy halo 1-3 where pretty close together in time span this spartan ops is going to be really awesome and bring a huge story to this new trilogy. i wonder if the other games in the trilogy will follow a similar pattern of lore based MM and a new kind of spartan ops depending on how successful halo 4s is. maybe in later games if it is not lore based like war games, then maybe playable elites and possibly playable forerunner warriors will come into play

Hopefully enough to where ai will become a part of forge.

> > To answer your first question: I’d imagine Halo 5 would take place a year or so after Halo 4.
>
> Is the UNSC going to have enough resources, ships, and soldiers to span the next couple of games?

Depends on what the Infinity is capable of. It does house about 300 Spartan-IVs, and likely has a crew as large as 1000 naval hands and marines. They obviously have enough resources to last more than 6 months

Chief is probaly running around doing his ‘‘thing’’ on Requiem, while we play as S-IVs.

Also i’d imagine that Halo 5 is set about 8-12 months after Halo 4.

I would take a guess that it would be a year or two after Halo 4 depending on the length of Spartan Ops.

I think the exact duration of time between the settings of Halo 4 and Halo 5 should correspond to amount of time between Halo 4 and Halo 5’s release date. By that I mean if Halo 4 is to be released 2012, and Halo 5 were to be released in 2014, exactly two years should have passed between each individual game. Spartan Ops provides, which Chief has confirmed to appear in, provide enough canonical events to occur with that time.

Halo 4 is trying to make a more immersible, deeper and realistic experience; one were every aspect of the game is canon. I feel that 343i have already tried my idea by having Chief suspended in cryostasis for almost five years, as that is the duration of time between Halo 3 and Halo 4. Anyone get what I’m saying?

> The Chief is off doing his own thing for those 6 months and during the event of Spartan Ops. Spartan Ops follows two, 4-man squads of Spartan IVs. That’s 8 Spartans-IVs out of almost 300. Requiem is a big place, and a lot can happen.
>
> Anyway, Frankie has commented that you may run into the Chief during the events of Spartan Ops, so we’ll likely find out what he’s up to.
>
> To answer your first question: I’d imagine Halo 5 would take place a year or so after Halo 4.

If H5 is indeed a 720 game, then a year or two could be a decent canonical reason for further improvements of designs. Like a 2557 model warthog or a MA5E AR

I think after wherever spartan ops leaves off at.

> > The Chief is off doing his own thing for those 6 months and during the event of Spartan Ops. Spartan Ops follows two, 4-man squads of Spartan IVs. That’s 8 Spartans-IVs out of almost 300. Requiem is a big place, and a lot can happen.
> >
> > Anyway, Frankie has commented that you may run into the Chief during the events of Spartan Ops, so we’ll likely find out what he’s up to.
> >
> > To answer your first question: I’d imagine Halo 5 would take place a year or so after Halo 4.
>
> If H5 is indeed a 720 game, then a year or two could be a decent canonical reason for further improvements of designs. Like a 2557 model warthog or a MA5E AR

I honestly wish that they’d stop with the “new models” every game. Just give it a visual upgrade and leave it at that.

Why are we talking about Halo 5 already? Halo 4 isn’t even out. Let’s enjoy 4