How Far Have You Travelled To Meet Your Halo Buddies

Am I in a minority here or are there others just as crazy as me? I have been playing Halo ever since it came out on the original X-Box, during that time I have made many friends online in a number of countries.

In the last 4 years I have crossed the Atlantic Ocean on four different occasions to meet my Halo friends in America. I have driven over 7,000 miles across the USA and visited Halo friends in VT, NY, PA, IL and MO.

Unfortuantely I did not manage to meet up with my gaming buddies in GA or AR but I do plan to return in 2012 and meet more of my online friends.

Anyone else traveled this far afield ?

about 5 miles to my friends house… :slight_smile:

I went to the US from the UK to meet a bunch of my friends who were living in new york, hung out there for 3 months and stuff. I’m going back next year hopefully, going to meet up with who I can again but I’m going to try to get to meet a few in Ohio and in Canada too this time.

from my bed room to the living room

I’ve been to PAX Prime 3 times, so, if you add that up I guess I’ve traveled 16,000 miles for Halo buddies!

Back in the day when I was involved with MLG. I traveled all over the US from 04-07, going to every event. I participated in a few events, made Top 64 3 times. Most important though, I had a blast getting together with all those people I’ve been playing Halo for YEARS with. I have plans to go up to Canada once my new Passport comes in the mail and visit my pal Yusef, whom we have been playing Halo together since the beginning of Halo 2. Funny how we met, his team beat my team by 3 kills, I had 27 kills and still lost. He was cool enough to send me a message/fr saying “good game, you are pretty good.”

Found out later we both liked to do glitches and super bounces, made several videos, one is currently still on YouTube lol. Tank Launching on Coag was bad a

EDIT: Miles traveled : easily over 20,000 miles Money Spent : over $9,000 Spending time with Halo buddies and all playing the game we love : Priceless

About 700km and across the Can-Amera border.

I’ve never gone out of my way to meet an online friend.

It’s funny…I never really like knowing what my online buddies look like. I always imagine them a certain way and they never meet that imagination. It’s like reading a book then seeing the movie.

But I did fly across Canada for X06, X07, X08, X09, and X10 and saw some friends there.

PAX will be my next big thing.

> I’ve never gone out of my way to meet an online friend.
>
> It’s funny…I never really like knowing what my online buddies look like. I always imagine them a certain way and they never meet that imagination.

This. Who knows? Maybe your best friend online turns out to be a freak!

Id say about a hundred Kilometers?

I too, have been around since ce, didnt had live untill the 360, nevertheless, met Countless of Fun, sKilled and Ofc, Moronic people.

Still planning to go to the UK, an Maybe the US.
Also, people from the UK, which I now know for like 7 years have allready come to the Netherlands to Lan here.

It was pretty awesome !

I have travelled about 4 hours North to Seattle. I’d say that’s about it.