How Exclusive Are Bonuses?

So it’s pretty much confirmed that pre-order bonuses aren’t as exclusive as we thought them to be and are going to be released to the public later. The question is when? I hope they give people the time to use the bonuses and look special for a while, at least several months, before giving it to everyone. Not like BF3, where the bonus was special for 3 months before they released it to everyone. I pre-ordered solely on the fact that I was getting a special skin, and it took me a long time to decide which one I wanted, and I was really bummed to hear that they would be public later, meaning all my time and money was pretty much wasted. Not that I’m only getting the game for the skins, but I could’ve got the game at sale price later on. Most new games can be as low as $30 during Holiday sales, only a month from release day.

I would imagine that they will release some of the bonuses in map packs for people when they come out which makes sense in my opinion but for the people who pre-ordered the LE they also deserve new armor in the map packs as well

Not just released to the public. But released as paid DLC. Meaning they will have to pay extra money just to get the bonus content. That is acceptable in my opinion. As you aren’t spending extra money to get any of these bonuses. The LE version of the game is covered by the DLC season pass (A good 40$ total value including extras for only 30$ more). The Console is covered by, well, the Console and the game. giving you 10$-ish of free content. And the preorders don’t cost any more money than buying the game on release. So that’s all free to you too. In order for anyone who didn’t go for this bonus content to get it, they have to pay extra money on top of their game.

Perfectly fair.

On top of that, they will probably have to wait a good 6 months to a year for the content to be released. By that point, I imagine most of you won’t even be using your preorder stuff anymore, because you’ll have stuff you like more that you got in the game. How many people wear the Gamestop Multi-Threat chestplate anymore? Pretty much noone? Exactly.

Same goes for the flaming helmet, or the Recon helmet. VERY few people use them. And it’s not because so few of them have it, it’s because they found something they like better.

Well it’s never been confirmed that people will get them all later, only stated that it’s a possibility.

Well in GAME UK it says that the bonus content is exclusive to that store if you look at the smaller writing on this page its the last words in the bonus section in the 2 sentences.

> Not just released to the public. But released as paid DLC. Meaning they will have to pay extra money just to get the bonus content. That is acceptable in my opinion. As you aren’t spending extra money to get any of these bonuses. The LE version of the game is covered by the DLC season pass (A good 40$ total value including extras for only 30$ more). The Console is covered by, well, the Console and the game. giving you 10$-ish of free content. And the preorders don’t cost any more money than buying the game on release. So that’s all free to you too. In order for anyone who didn’t go for this bonus content to get it, they have to pay extra money on top of their game.
>
> Perfectly fair.
>
> On top of that, they will probably have to wait a good 6 months to a year for the content to be released. By that point, I imagine most of you won’t even be using your preorder stuff anymore, because you’ll have stuff you like more that you got in the game. How many people wear the Gamestop Multi-Threat chestplate anymore? Pretty much noone? Exactly.
>
> Same goes for the flaming helmet, or the Recon helmet. VERY few people use them. And it’s not because so few of them have it, it’s because they found something they like better.

I like that they didn’t release the Multi-Threat chest to the public since I’m the only person who still wears it. But plenty of people still wear the special Recon helmet, since that came with most copies of the game.

It hasn’t been confirmed that it will be available later on to buy. If you wish to continue discussing this, do so here

https://forums.halo.xbox.com/yaf_postst105951_343i--don-t-sell-LE-content-please.aspx