How Effective are the Thrusters?

I didn’t have an Xbox One when the Beta was live so I don’t know how effective they are. I remember them being worthless in Halo 4, I wished they would have used the Evade ability from Reach.

Theyre are very effective and very balanced. They are my favorite part of playing Halo 5.

They give you more than an extra nudge. But it’s not disorienting or anything.
Stays in first person. Recharges quicker than your average armor ability. Plus it never disrupts your momentum. Pick up speed sprinting, jet yourself forward(or any direction) stay speedy. That is, if you thrust any where but forward, I’m sure it’ll start you at regular pace until you start sprinting again. BECAUSE THAT’S SCIENCE!

Lets just say, someone is right behind you, just out of melee range. You can jump while sprinting, thrust straight backwards, melee the back of his head, and get an assassination on an assassin. I think it would be cooler if when you did that your player did a flip, which would make more sense than a back-breaking bend for the thrusters to go back, but hey, its still awesome

> 2533274875332683;1:
> I didn’t have an Xbox One when the Beta was live so I don’t know how effective they are. I remember them being worthless in Halo 4, I wished they would have used the Evade ability from Reach.

Worthless in H4? I beg to differ. It was probably one of the best AAs.

In H5 they are extremely strong.

> 2533274913936758;5:
> > 2533274875332683;1:
> > I didn’t have an Xbox One when the Beta was live so I don’t know how effective they are. I remember them being worthless in Halo 4, I wished they would have used the Evade ability from Reach.
>
>
> Worthless in H4? I beg to differ. It was probably one of the best AAs.
>
> In H5 they are extremely strong.

Agreed

In Halo 4 it looked slow but I think that was because it threw you into third person. I think it was very useful in Halo 4. In 5… OMG it’s amazing.

I use them in 4 quite a bit. But they’re much better in 5. The cool-down is shorter and they stay in 1st person. I would actually love for them to patch a 1st person option into Halo 4, but I know that’ll never happen.

For the first week I barely used them and when I did it usually resulted in my death. Second week I was doing amazing with them. Its all about the timing and planning ahead where to jump to.

They are so good that I don’t even think the move the spartan at all. I think they move the planet underneath the spartan -_-

I relate to your view of them not being good in Halo 4. I never really was a fan of them in H4 but I definitely know that they werent bad. But in Halo 5 they are integrated so well. Its an ability you won’t forget about and will use alot. Its just enough to feel powerful but not too much as to where its just outrageous. You will be impressed. Trust me.

Thrusters help you feel like you are in control of a nimble high tech warrior rather than a StarCraft marine.