how dose this make any since?

ok, i know that the games overrides the books, but why is it that in the game it took a MONTH for ONI and the UNSC to realize that the covenant was on reach. also why is it that the orbital Super Mac stations where not present during LNoS.
why is it that if you think about the story for halo reach NOTHING MAKES ANY SINCE!!!

on a side note i though nightfall was going to be a stealth mission,
i thought it would be cool if we had silenced snipers and if we got
noticed we had to start form our last check point

No sense crying over spilled milk.

In all honesty, there are a few possible explanations for the questions you ask but I’d ask you to instead consider the scale of Reach itself, the impact of Winter Contingency and similar black out orders and whatnot. I’m pretty sure you could answer those questions yourself if you think about them. =)

I’m not sure how they did away with everything but, it’s in the story bible now. I’m guessing the Visagrad rely incident cut off the whole planet from continent and that specific continent was the most civilian part of the planet. Maybe SMACs were disabled due to the covenant surprise force sneaking in or something and temporarily damaging the ones above the continent. There is a lot to take in consideration.

The Covenant are just sneaky lil critters!

The Super Macs were probably disabled after a covenant scout force took out visengard which was the biggest offplanet relay for communications. Hence making it impossible to communicate with things that were out of range also the covenant set up a dead zone for radio around visengard so any soilders that went in were killed without anyone ever hearing about it.

Nightfall is not strictly a ‘stealth-based’ Mission, more of a Sniper Mission - stealth is simply one optional approach to combat.

> ok, i know that the games overrides the books, but why is it that in the game it took a MONTH for ONI and the UNSC to realize that the covenant was on reach. also why is it that the orbital Super Mac stations where not present during LNoS.
> why is it that if you think about the story for halo reach NOTHING MAKES ANY SINCE!!!
>
> on a side note i though nightfall was going to be a stealth mission,
> i thought it would be cool if we had silenced snipers and if we got
> noticed we had to start form our last check point

It didn’t take them a month, you were fighting them the whole time, at first they thought it was a scouting party and they could snuff it before anyone found out, it wasn’t an invasion until the very end of the mission LNoS. They slipped under the Macs and if the Hologram in the Control room of the Ardent Prayer is any indication, they attacked an area with no MACs.
Everything makes “since”(It’s sense), you just have to actually LOOK at things, not just pretend you know everything.

> > ok, i know that the games overrides the books, but why is it that in the game it took a MONTH for ONI and the UNSC to realize that the covenant was on reach. also why is it that the orbital Super Mac stations where not present during LNoS.
> > why is it that if you think about the story for halo reach NOTHING MAKES ANY SINCE!!!
> >
> > on a side note i though nightfall was going to be a stealth mission,
> > i thought it would be cool if we had silenced snipers and if we got
> > noticed we had to start form our last check point
>
> It didn’t take them a month, you were fighting them the whole time, at first they thought it was a scouting party and they could snuff it before anyone found out, it wasn’t an invasion until the very end of the mission LNoS. They slipped under the Macs and if the Hologram in the Control room of the Ardent Prayer is any indication, they attacked an area with no MACs.
> Everything makes “since”(It’s sense), you just have to actually LOOK at things, not just pretend you know everything.

And that the UNSC knew the covenant were coming, just didn’t know when.

There were Super MACS orbiting they just didn’t know where to hit during most of the war. please note the corvette during the cutscene after you recapture sword base being taken out by a MAC round targeted by longswords.

All those posts along the lines of how “Halo: Reach broke the canon” are really getting old. Over the course of 10 years, some parts of the canon are bound to be changed retroactively. Cope with it.

That’s granted. After ten years, I would expect UNSC discovery dates for species such as Elites, Brutes and Hunters to be retconned and change. But Halo: Reach created a lot of change which just… didn’t make much sense, leaving the community to try and explain it. Why is it that right now, fans are having to bridge gaps and fill in the holes that were left in the wake of the Halo: Reach campaign?

But what’s the biggest tragedy of this, is that none of the change in Halo: Reach was beneficial or actually improved the story in my opinion. In the Campaign we only saw mere glimpses of the fall of Reach. For creating an atmosphere, a feeling and sense of loss about the fall of Reach, I got more satisfaction out of watching the opening cutscene for Halo 2 again - watching the Pillar of Autumn flee the planet, and looking out of Condemned’s windows.

It’s a shame.