How does the XP cap system work?

I personally don’t have a problem with a capping system, I’ve hit it a few times. I can think of a few reasons it can be helpful for the online community, for everyone to level at nearly the same pace.

However I feel there are some glitches in the system, which is why I want to know how it works or is supposed to work.

Heres whats been happening to me. I have a lot of free time and a weird sleeping schedule. So I might be playing at a weird time for the system.

lets say I wake up at 8pm(yesterday)and Earlier in the day I hit the Xp cap. I would assume that once the day is over I can gain XP again.

-yesterday-
12:00am - 09:00am > I gain XP(grinding)and hit XP cap
12:00pm - 08:00pm > sleeping
08:00pm - 12:00am > No XP gain from XP cap, I play anyway
-today-
01:00am - 03:00am > I gain XP
03:00am - 05:00am > No Xp gain, No XP cap message, I play anyway
05:00am - 06:30am > I gain XP, then it tells me I hit the XP Cap??? But I didnt
06:30am - 07:00am > No XP gain, I play anyway
07:00am - 09:00am > I learn I can change my Time Zone to gain XP again, I gain XP.
09:00am - onward > No XP gain, No XP cap message, reset Time Zone, no change.

If you followed that bit, I dont understand what other caps/systems/issues are in place that are preventing me from gaining XP. If the XP cap is supposed to be lifted when the day ends, why is my XP being turned on and off. With the amount of time today that i was gaining XP, it shouldnt have been enough to reach any Cap. Is the XP i would have been gaining from the games I got none, still counting towards todays XP cap. Whats going on?

I dont mind a Cap, but it would be nice if I could play according to its schedule.
Whatever that may be.

I’m wondering the same thing and after I’ve hit the cap im still getting XP from commendations. Is the XP im getting from the commendations lost?

> I’m wondering the same thing and after I’ve hit the cap im still getting XP from commendations. Is the XP im getting from the commendations lost?

When I hit the caps or noticed the gaming skipping the XP gain phase after games, I write down what my XP progress is.

Ive noticed that no matter how many games I play or commendations I complete, I do not gain XP.

So completing commendations are likely removing your chancing from benefiting from them. You are losing thousands of XP.

I’d really love an answer from 343 in regards to the OP’s question.
I’m in exactly the same sort of situation…

Can’t find the information I want on how the system works, also I live in Ireland(GMT), does the cap reset here 4/5 hours after 12 EST?

I’m hitting the cap a serious amount, I hope it gets raised real soon. I’m missing out on so much xp :frowning:

All in all 343 have gone above and beyond with this game, I just wish the cap was more friendly to hardcore gamers like myself.

Agree with OP and Butcher.
I have basically hit XP Cap every day and is in nothing short of annoying. Not getting XP from commendations is the biggest issue to me. They easily could write a condition in the parameters for XP gaining that if you are at the cap, the commendations still are unlockable.

I think capping XP in general is stupid because it punishes people for enjoying playing your game.

XP cap? I think you should be worried about your life in general. 9 hours straight of gaming multiple days in a row? Jesus dude go outside.

> XP cap? I think you should be worried about your life in general. 9 hours straight of gaming multiple days in a row? Jesus dude go outside.

If you have lots of commendations/challenges close to completion you’ll rank up alot of XP fast. I had like, a 4 hour session of Halo on Sunday and I was capped out.

> XP cap? I think you should be worried about your life in general. 9 hours straight of gaming multiple days in a row? Jesus dude go outside.

To much glare on my monitor outside. ha

My friend told me that the cap is somewhere around 75,000XP, but I do find this hard to believe because I’ve hit it once last weekend without any double XP Mountain Dew codes. Although, I’ve had a few weird instances where the cap resets at the incorrect time. I was told that it resets everyday at 4am central time. But I’ve experienced a case where the cap was reset at around midgnight eastern time.

I’ve reached the cap 3 times now, twice using the Dewcodes and once last night without using the codes. All 3 times the cap was reset @ midnight here in Ontario Canada EST.

Funny thing is, I’ve never hit the cap. I’m a SR-43. Maybe I don’t play enough?