How does the Onyx number ranking system work?

I was under the impression that the higher the number the better, however I just finished a FFA match and got green arrows like you do win you go up (I didn’t get first) and my number went down. Any thoughts on that?

I believe that the numbers at onyx are supposed to go down when you win I think that’s how people get champion which is top 200 I believe and also it’s top 4 places in ffa where your rank will get better

> 2533274874729107;2:
> I believe that the numbers at onyx are supposed to go down when you win I think that’s how people get champion which is top 200 I believe and also it’s top 4 places in ffa where your rank will get better

I believe the OP is referring to CSR, which is supposed to go up with wins. What you’re describing the fact that as your CSR goes up into the current “Champion” level, which can fluctuate with the length of the season, your place in the top 200 will get lower until you reach #1, if you ever do.

> 2533274885511041;1:
> I was under the impression that the higher the number the better, however I just finished a FFA match and got green arrows like you do win you go up (I didn’t get first) and my number went down. Any thoughts on that?

The green/red arrows don’t always work correctly and there have been other posts noting this. It’s just another flashy gimmick thrown in haphazardly to attract players that’s always been broken. Like the “retrieving data” glitch. It’s better just to ignore it, like your rank. If they can’t even fix that little issue, they’ll never get the aiming right. There’s practically a book of complaints about that in the forums.

I have actually no clue what that number means and I don’t have any experience whatsoever about that number.
I feel like a Monitor or a 343 employee should call someone to the forums and explain what that number means and the Halo 5 competitive ranking system in detail.