How does the built-in sprint work?

What button do you press for it? I can’t think of any button that was not used in Halo Reach and Halo 4 has spring separate from AAs.

Either a bumper button or the analog stick being pressed in.

That’s quite strange … analog sticks are used for crouching/zooming in (in my preferred controller layout at least).

The only button I see that isn’t used is the D pad and the Back button. * shrug *

i think i´ll have to change controls,in h4´s recon layout sprint is on X…on X -Yoink!- i dunno if i can handle that.

im a fan of using B to crouch, LS to sprint and RS to zoom.
i think switching grenades should be designated to the back button, i wouldnt mind the score coming up each time, i just dont think it should take up the major button realestate.

recon it is tap the x button does not need to be held down

> recon it is tap the x button does not need to be held down

THANKS!! that sounds promising

I played the game and Recon was the best control scheme. I don’t like B being a melee button (instead of RB) but I got used to it pretty quickly.

You push in the left analog stick to use sprint.

PeacE
ShadEO9

melee is on b for over a decade for me^^

I’ve been wondering this for a wile and 343 haven’t said anything about it yet .

> i think i´ll have to change controls,in h4´s recon layout sprint is on X…on X -Yoink!- i dunno if i can handle that.

yeah same, I have always set up custom controls to be the same as Halo in other games.

For example, I had LB as sprint in Skyrim and x as shout. I have now changed this so it is more like Halo 4’s recon and it is pretty unplayable.

Been on BF 3 a lote recently, so may try a layout similar to that.

But to me, every FPS game should base their controls on Halo, they just work so well!

For Bumper Jumper it is A. Change Grenade is moved to the d-pad.

Yup. When I played at BGS 2012 i switched the settings for Recon controller and I accidental started to run after pressing x. About normal controller… I dunno.