How does sprint lower the skill gap?

If anything it increases it. I understand that it stretches maps, but honestly I like Truth, Empire, Regret and Eden better than most Halo 3 maps and they’re strecthed. As long as map design doesn’t suffer (which it hasn’t in Halo 5 so far) there isn’t that big of an argument on why to remove sprint especially since it has been balanced with shields and such.

So many people are now saying it lessens skill gap? You have to know when to use sprint. That adds to the skill gap.

I hope they never take sprint out. I’ve loved Halo since the beginning but my God going and playing Halo 2A compared to Halo 5 feels like I’m trudging through syrup.

If anything it adds more dynamic and skill to the game.

Why sprint removes skill gap:

  • Removes the skill to position yourself
  • Removes base movement speed
  • Stretches the maps, therefore removes power positions
  • Weapons shoots a lot faster to compensate for the speed
  • Explosions get’s bigger to compensate for the speed

> 2533274805230315;3:
> Why sprint removes skill gap:
>
> * Removes the skill to position yourself
> * Removes base movement speed
> * Stretches the maps, therefore removes power positions
> * Thing such as rocket shoots a lot faster to compensate for the speed

*that is not true, it just makes it so you can get to the position faster

*so people can zip around the map while shooting things like shotguns

*the maps in halo 5 work very well

*then explain why the hydra’s rockets shoot slow

> 2533274805230315;3:
> Why sprint removes skill gap:
>
> * Removes the skill to position yourself
> * Removes base movement speed
> * Stretches the maps, therefore removes power positions
> * Thing such as rocket shoots a lot faster to compensate for the speed

Doesn’t remove skill to position yourself. That is absurd. Base movement speed is still enough for me to strafe people and win BR engagements. The maps in the beta all still have map control and power positions. The last point is just… who cares?

> 2533274857164864;2:
> IF anything it adds more dynamic and skill to the game.

Absolutely not. Sprint is a gimmick that actually slows the game down.
To sum it up quickly:

-Stretches out every fight
-Still a get out of jail free card
-Maps need to be adjusted to compensate for sprint which usually results in terrible maps (see Halo 4)
-Less emphasis on positioning and map control
-Lower base movement speed

Example:

> 2533274819051113;5:
> > 2533274805230315;3:
> > Why sprint removes skill gap:
> >
> > * Removes the skill to position yourself
> > * Removes base movement speed
> > * Stretches the maps, therefore removes power positions
> > * Thing such as rocket shoots a lot faster to compensate for the speed
>
>
> Doesn’t remove skill to position yourself. That is absurd. Base movement speed is still enough for me to strafe people and win BR engagements. The maps in the beta all still have map control and power positions. The last point is just… who cares?

It does, because you can just sprint out of every engagement.

it doesn’t. Period.

Good players will consider your potential to Sprint away during their push, and they will take that option away from you…

If it were truly a get out of jail free card, we’d be seeing matches run out of time, with scores below 10. There is no shortage of dead bodies despite the existence of sprint.

Those who think it’s possible to Sprint away from every encounter needs to explain why matches aren’t ending zero to zero. And please don’t support your argument with videos of bad players chasing other bad players with an AR instead of cutting them off, or calling out the enemies position.

> 2676692992818466;8:
> it doesn’t. Period.
>
> Good players will consider your potential to Sprint away during their push, and they will take that option away from you…
>
> If it were truly a get out of jail free card, we’d be seeing matches run out of time, with scores below 10. There is no shortage of dead bodies despite the existence of sprint.

You clearly haven’t played a match where more than half of the players actually know what they’re doing.
There’s a reason why the vast majority of players who don’t think sprint is gamebreaking or lowers the skillgap aren’t 50s in Halo 3 and are generally not very good at Halo.
No offense but it’s the truth. Almost every good halo player will agree that sprint is an overall terrible mechanic.
On the other hand when you check a person’s H3 (a game without sprint) rank who claims sprint is a good thing, 99% of the time they will not have a highest skill above 45.

> 2533274805989038;9:
> > 2676692992818466;8:
> > it doesn’t. Period.
> >
> > Good players will consider your potential to Sprint away during their push, and they will take that option away from you…
> >
> > If it were truly a get out of jail free card, we’d be seeing matches run out of time, with scores below 10. There is no shortage of dead bodies despite the existence of sprint.
>
>
>
> You clearly haven’t played a match where more than half of the players actually know what they’re doing.
> There’s a reason why the vast majority of players who don’t think sprint is gamebreaking or lowers the skillgap aren’t 50s in Halo 3 and are generally not very good at Halo.

Voidal is right.

Voidal? Want to play some Halo 5 Guardians? My gamertag was IGM David once, I played you in doubles on Halo 3. Gt now is: Undead Race

> 2676692992818466;8:
> it doesn’t. Period.
>
> Good players will consider your potential to Sprint away during their push, and they will take that option away from you…
>
> If it were truly a get out of jail free card, we’d be seeing matches run out of time, with scores below 10. There is no shortage of dead bodies despite the existence of sprint.
>
> Those who think it’s possible to Sprint away from every encounter needs to explain why matches aren’t ending zero to zero. And please don’t support your argument with videos of bad players chasing other bad players with an AR instead of cutting them off, or calling out the enemies position.

It does. I am sorry you haven’t played at the level where things like this happens.

> 2533274805230315;10:
> > 2533274805989038;9:
> > > 2676692992818466;8:
> > > it doesn’t. Period.
> > >
> > > Good players will consider your potential to Sprint away during their push, and they will take that option away from you…
> > >
> > > If it were truly a get out of jail free card, we’d be seeing matches run out of time, with scores below 10. There is no shortage of dead bodies despite the existence of sprint.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > You clearly haven’t played a match where more than half of the players actually know what they’re doing.
> > There’s a reason why the vast majority of players who don’t think sprint is gamebreaking or lowers the skillgap aren’t 50s in Halo 3 and are generally not very good at Halo.
>
>
>
> Voidal? Want to play some Halo 5 Guardians? My gamertag was IGM David once, I played you in doubles on Halo 3.

I don’t play Halo anymore after the MCC disaster. Could rarely ever find games and when I did they were terribly laggy so I stopped playing.
H5 has sprint, which will most likely never get removed, so I’m not playing the beta or buying the full game.
I don’t recall your gamertag. I rarely played doubles though. I only have like 100 exp on my 50.

> 2533274857398125;4:
> > 2533274805230315;3:
> > Why sprint removes skill gap:
> >
> > * Removes the skill to position yourself
> > * Removes base movement speed
> > * Stretches the maps, therefore removes power positions
> > * Thing such as rocket shoots a lot faster to compensate for the speed
>
>
> *that is not true, it just makes it so you can get to the position faster
>
> *so people can zip around the map while shooting things like shotguns
>
> *the maps in halo 5 work very well
>
> *then explain why the hydra’s rockets shoot slow

and has a small blast radius. It takes 2-3 rockets to kill some one with the Hydra

> 2533274805989038;9:
> > 2676692992818466;8:
> > it doesn’t. Period.
> >
> > Good players will consider your potential to Sprint away during their push, and they will take that option away from you…
> >
> > If it were truly a get out of jail free card, we’d be seeing matches run out of time, with scores below 10. There is no shortage of dead bodies despite the existence of sprint.
>
>
> You clearly haven’t played a match where more than half of the players actually know what they’re doing.
> There’s a reason why the vast majority of players who don’t think sprint is gamebreaking or lowers the skillgap aren’t 50s in Halo 3 and are generally not very good at Halo.
> No offense but it’s the truth. Almost every good halo player will agree that sprint is an overall terrible mechanic.
> On the other hand when you check a person’s H3 (a game without sprint) rank who claims sprint is a good thing, 99% of the time they will not have a highest skill above 45.

I have 1303 kills and 675 deaths in the beta. I was 1.69 in Halo 4. I was 1.58 in Reach. I was a 50 in Halo 3 on my other account and was a 43 in Halo 2 on me and my friend’s shared account. I love sprint.

Primary account in halo 3 45, one alt at 50 just cause I was proving a point, Halo 4 i think my highest was 47. I say sprint should stay. I like cutting off noobs and see them panic. I would like it if sprint paused shield cool down instead of reseting it, but I can adapt either way.

> 2533274819051113;14:
> > 2533274805989038;9:
> > > 2676692992818466;8:
> > > it doesn’t. Period.
> > >
> > > Good players will consider your potential to Sprint away during their push, and they will take that option away from you…
> > >
> > > If it were truly a get out of jail free card, we’d be seeing matches run out of time, with scores below 10. There is no shortage of dead bodies despite the existence of sprint.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > You clearly haven’t played a match where more than half of the players actually know what they’re doing.
> > There’s a reason why the vast majority of players who don’t think sprint is gamebreaking or lowers the skillgap aren’t 50s in Halo 3 and are generally not very good at Halo.
> > No offense but it’s the truth. Almost every good halo player will agree that sprint is an overall terrible mechanic.
> > On the other hand when you check a person’s H3 (a game without sprint) rank who claims sprint is a good thing, 99% of the time they will not have a highest skill above 45.
>
>
>
> I have 1303 kills and 675 deaths in the beta. I was 1.69 in Halo 4. I was 1.58 in Reach. I was a 50 in Halo 3 on my other account and was a 43 in Halo 2 on me and my friend’s shared account. I love sprint.

Then you are in the minority. All of my friends who regularly play Halo are 50s and none of them like sprint.
I literally don’t even know a single person who enjoys sprint in any way.

> 2533274805989038;9:
> > 2676692992818466;8:
> > it doesn’t. Period.
> >
> > Good players will consider your potential to Sprint away during their push, and they will take that option away from you…
> >
> > If it were truly a get out of jail free card, we’d be seeing matches run out of time, with scores below 10. There is no shortage of dead bodies despite the existence of sprint.
>
>
> You clearly haven’t played a match where more than half of the players actually know what they’re doing.
> There’s a reason why the vast majority of players who don’t think sprint is gamebreaking or lowers the skillgap aren’t 50s in Halo 3 and are generally not very good at Halo.
> No offense but it’s the truth. Almost every good halo player will agree that sprint is an overall terrible mechanic.
> On the other hand when you check a person’s H3 (a game without sprint) rank who claims sprint is a good thing, 99% of the time they will not have a highest skill above 45.

This. Why do you think MLG basically disowned Halo after Reach.

Use your brain people.

> 2602973356072471;13:
> > 2533274857398125;4:
> > > 2533274805230315;3:
> > > Why sprint removes skill gap:
> > >
> > > * Removes the skill to position yourself
> > > * Removes base movement speed
> > > * Stretches the maps, therefore removes power positions
> > > * Thing such as rocket shoots a lot faster to compensate for the speed
> >
> >
> >
> > *that is not true, it just makes it so you can get to the position faster
> >
> > *so people can zip around the map while shooting things like shotguns
> >
> > *the maps in halo 5 work very well
> >
> > *then explain why the hydra’s rockets shoot slow
>
>
> and has a small blast radius. It takes 2-3 rockets to kill some one with the Hydra

Because the hydra is not the rocket launcher. Wait until you get to use the real rocket launcher, Halo 4 for example vs Halo2/3

> 2533274805989038;12:
> > 2533274805230315;10:
> > > 2533274805989038;9:
> > > > 2676692992818466;8:
> > > > it doesn’t. Period.
> > > >
> > > > Good players will consider your potential to Sprint away during their push, and they will take that option away from you…
> > > >
> > > > If it were truly a get out of jail free card, we’d be seeing matches run out of time, with scores below 10. There is no shortage of dead bodies despite the existence of sprint.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > You clearly haven’t played a match where more than half of the players actually know what they’re doing.
> > > There’s a reason why the vast majority of players who don’t think sprint is gamebreaking or lowers the skillgap aren’t 50s in Halo 3 and are generally not very good at Halo.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Voidal? Want to play some Halo 5 Guardians? My gamertag was IGM David once, I played you in doubles on Halo 3.
>
>
>
>
> I don’t play Halo anymore after the MCC disaster. Could rarely ever find games and when I did they were terribly laggy so I stopped playing.
> H5 has sprint, which will most likely never get removed, so I’m not playing the beta or buying the full game.
> I don’t recall your gamertag. I rarely played doubles though. I only have like 100 exp on my 50.

Then your not the voidal I have played against. There is one voidal from netherlands that has a few thousand exp just as myself in doubles. He won the first game, while we won the second one.

I think it contrasts with the jet packs. A well aimed thrust by the jet pack can definitely out maneuver a sprinting-away victim. That is the beauty of the halo 5 armor traits.