How does Spartan Charge Damage Work?

I personally like Spartan Charge, an unpopular opinion I know, but I’m a bit confused by how it does damage. This happens to me both on the giving and receiving ends of a Spartan Charge attack. Obviously a charge in the back is an instant kill, but the charge to the front sometimes seems ambiguous. Most of the time a frontal charge doesn’t kill instantly, and requires an additional few bullets to put someone down. However, I have been killed and have killed people instantly a fair number of times with full-frontal charges without any other damage. Does anyone else ever experience this?

If you hit them from the side I believe it’s an insta kill aswell

It apparently doesn’t. Anytime I toss out my better judgement and try to use it my opponent seems to get knocked back while taking no damage then kills me.

If you were shot a few times before getting hit by a Spartan charge, that is probably why you died to a frontal hit. If you did a Spartan charge to the frontside, you won’t kill the enemy if they have full shields. Best thing to do is see if their shields are sparkling. If so, a charge anywhere will likely kill them. If they have full shields and you charge the front side, be ready to fire a few bullets afterwards.

> 2533274913936758;3:
> It apparently doesn’t. Anytime I toss out my better judgement and try to use it my opponent seems to get knocked back while taking no damage then kills me.

That sounds like lag. Where are you playing from?

In Warzone the melee damage armor mod makes Spartan Charge stronger as well.

Also i have a AR an BR with a mini Energy sword mod. One hit woth any melee is insta kill. :wink:

i havent really paid much attention to it but i feel like distance between you and the target at the time of charging is the deciding factor when it comes to opponents with full shields/health. and if youve got damage that weapon draw delay is a frickin deathtrap. but there is something satisfying about hitting people with that

> 2533275004372869;6:
> In Warzone the melee damage armor mod makes Spartan Charge stronger as well.

This could actually explain a lot, as many of the instant deaths I’ve experienced have been in warzone.

> 2533274988394857;2:
> If you hit them from the side I believe it’s an insta kill aswell

Are you sure about this? I’ve never seen this before, but if it’s true it would make sense of a lot of things I’ve seen

I like to use spartan charge sometimes in breakout ( were it always should be one shot?). However like 2 or 3 outta 10 times when i charge someone it just looks like your stomping an invisible wall and youll hear a weird sound aswell (as if you hit the wall) after this the enemy gets knocked back like 30 cm and stomps me, i dont see how this could be lag i think sometimes it just doesnt really register?
somebody else who had this?

> 2533274795072109;5:
> > 2533274913936758;3:
> > It apparently doesn’t. Anytime I toss out my better judgement and try to use it my opponent seems to get knocked back while taking no damage then kills me.
>
>
> That sounds like lag. Where are you playing from?

Midwest US.

Everything else in the game usually works fine. But charge hit detection has problems. I just don’t use it anymore.

> 2533274913936758;3:
> It apparently doesn’t. Anytime I toss out my better judgement and try to use it my opponent seems to get knocked back while taking no damage then kills me.

If you melee at just the right time you will completely deflect the charge. This also works with grenade a, you can deflect grenades (including plasma) if you time your melee accordingly.

Hope this helps!

Seems the only best spot to SC is from the back just like a normal melee attack for instant kill. From the side or front does nothing as they can just return fire within the seconds after you charge can cant do nothing, by then you lost your own shields and pop. Dead.

> 2660608708453433;13:
> > 2533274913936758;3:
> > It apparently doesn’t. Anytime I toss out my better judgement and try to use it my opponent seems to get knocked back while taking no damage then kills me.
>
>
> If you melee at just the right time you will completely deflect the charge. This also works with grenade a, you can deflect grenades (including plasma) if you time your melee accordingly.
>
> Hope this helps!

How can you deflect some thing that is meant to be sticky

Spartan Charge is just a special melee. It lacks any sort of homing and simply “hits” the first hitbox it contacts. If it is a player, then it does more than a melee but is not an insta-kill. A destructible object is destroyed if hit as well. If it hits a “lethal” hit box(the back) then it acts like a beat down.
The system is still a touch buggy. It may often “hit” invisible scenery boxes. As for damage, the target hit by it will be just barely alive .

For example: A regular melee plus 6 AR rounds is a kill. A spartan charge plus 2 AR rounds is also a kill.

i dont like spartan charge