How does one "ground pound"?

Okay, I know what buttons to press, but whenever I do it, I just float in the air for a second and then come down. Do you have to be aiming at an enemy to do it? Or do you have to crouch again?

Also, one of the reasons I think people feel it’s hard to do is because the control schemes make it difficult to pull off. I’m playing on “Halo 4”, and to do the ground pound, you have to jump and hold B, which means taking your thumb off the stick the whole time. You can’t aim at all.

Why can’t we just have custom-mapped control schemes? That might work better than trying to please everyone with presets that never completely satisfy one’s needs.

Yeah having B as the crouch button is going to make it more or less impossible to do.

When it is on thumbstick you can aim it much easier. Basically you jump, hold crouch and then aim the circle. Hold it long enough and release and it will go.

> 2732317809651779;2:
> Yeah having B as the crouch button is going to make it more or less impossible to do.
>
> When it is on thumbstick you can aim it much easier. Basically you jump, hold crouch and then aim the circle. Hold it long enough and release and it will go.

That’s really weird…every time I released it it just dropped me back down. I figured I wasn’t holding long enough but if you go too long it just times out.

I’ve yet to succeed in it lol

On halo 4 controller setting jump off a ledge, hold b then release b after you aim. If the circle is red you are too low to the ground. If its white you are ready to release b.

The Halo 4 control scheme is what I use too, and it is pretty tricky to pull off the mechanic even when nobody is shooting at you. I think other control schemes have it mapped to the left stick, which seems like it’d be quite natural if you’re aiming with the right stick, so hopefully we can be loud enough to have 343 either change it or give us the option to map our own controls.

Switch to Recon controller setting.

I say no to custom-mapped control schemes because then all these stupid “How to be the top leet mlg player” guides will pop up all around the web. And everyone would have a unique control schemes. There can be 16*16 different variations, if I am correct. And people would complain that “that person used a cheaty scheme !”. It is better to have few to choose from because it is easier to balance everything out. Like the ground pound. I have the default controls and I just hold RS in mid-air. Also you need to hold it for a while untl the symbol in the sphere becomes a target-X-Cross, you also need to have some height so that it will be white not red.

> 2533274847535647;3:
> > 2732317809651779;2:
> > Yeah having B as the crouch button is going to make it more or less impossible to do.
> >
> > When it is on thumbstick you can aim it much easier. Basically you jump, hold crouch and then aim the circle. Hold it long enough and release and it will go.
>
>
> That’s really weird…every time I released it it just dropped me back down. I figured I wasn’t holding long enough but if you go too long it just times out.

Sounds like your not high enough, is the reticle red, if so your not high enough.

Bumper jumper man, Press the left stick down while aiming, works pretty well

http://xboxdvr.com/Mihael%20Langley/486ae2cb-bcae-4b13-8bf1-c1d6d97bd8e8