How does medal placement work ?

Because the game flaw which allows people to leave the game early, 5 out of my last 8 matches someone had bowed out of my side of the game making it impossible to keep up. I am something like 1-7 in prelim matches and have 2 left to complete. I do not want to be placed in the Gold treadmill again and was wondering if there was a way for me to avoid this ? Are the prelim matches simply based on how many matches you win/lose ? If this is the case, I will end up in bronze or something. That would be to the point of me not even going to bother to play the game until the next reset, since I run solo.

You’ll most likely wind up in bronze. Just finished up my 10 matches and won 3 of them and got stuck in bronze 1. Ranking system is unreal.

> 2533274854844105;2:
> You’ll most likely wind up in bronze. Just finished up my 10 matches and won 3 of them and got stuck in bronze 1. Ranking system is unreal.

This is ridiculous. Its like they give you no choice but to team up. Which wouldnt be a problem if I didnt have such a wack schedule.

Ok, so I completed my placement games and I won 2 games out of 10 and was placed in Gold. So there is more going on than just W/L.

> 2535467159460401;4:
> Ok, so I completed my placement games and I won 2 games out of 10 and was placed in Gold. So there is more going on than just W/L.

Your performance of the KDA also determines how much you move up or down towards the next rank from a post I read somewhere a while back. Oh and winning the 10th game to qualify generally puts you in a higher rank I think? I wasn’t doing too well with SWAT, won my 10th game, got stuck in Platinum… and constantly pitted against Diamonds, and even the occasional Onyx.