How does gravity hammer always beat sword?

I swear everytime i lunge at a spartan with a sword and it connects they swing there hammer later and still kill me and theres no lag

> 2533274932447639;1:
> I swear everytime i lunge at a spartan with a sword and it connects they swing there hammer later and still kill me and theres no lag

Spartan Charge the sword, it’s the only way to possibly win but it usually ends in a stalemate.

It’s because the Gravity Hammer has a bit of range which means you don’t have to be at melee distance to kill with the Hammer.

the swords advantage is with the lunge, the hammer gets range, its to make it balanced

If it looks like your sword lunge hits before they swing the hammer, but you still die, it’s probably latency (even if it doesn’t look like lag on your end). It would suggest that what you see on your screen is late compared to what hammer bro see’s on his screen.

The hammer also has a natural advantage over the sword with it’s AoE damage. Best thing to do when brandishing a sword against a hammer is to bait the hammer bro to swing early, then attack while he’s recovering.

The rock-paper-scissors principle is in effect. The Gravity Hammer (rock) will win over the Energy Sword (scissors) under most circumstances. You have to let the Hammer swing early before you can take them out.

> 2535429593088083;6:
> The rock-paper-scissors principle is in effect. The Gravity Hammer (rock) will win over the Energy Sword (scissors)

Beautiful analogy

> 2533274838520729;7:
> > 2535429593088083;6:
> > The rock-paper-scissors principle is in effect. The Gravity Hammer (rock) will win over the Energy Sword (scissors)
>
> Beautiful analogy

For those of you who haven’t learned this from grif ball.

Hammer beats sword.
Sword beats ball.
Ball beats hammer.

Unless Halo 5 changed this formula up.

> 2533274817408735;5:
> If it looks like your sword lunge hits before they swing the hammer, but you still die, it’s probably latency (even if it doesn’t look like lag on your end). It would suggest that what you see on your screen is late compared to what hammer bro see’s on his screen.
>
> The hammer also has a natural advantage over the sword with it’s AoE damage. Best thing to do when brandishing a sword against a hammer is to bait the hammer bro to swing early, then attack while he’s recovering.

Yes there’s always a delay.
Hammer vs Sword is always one sided head on, so try to go from the side. Don’t even try in grifball because you melt without shields…

If you scope while using the energy sword you lunge a lot farther. It usually catches gravity hammer wielders off guard, so you can kill them. That’s probably the only way to beat a gravity hammer with a sword.

> 2533274932447639;1:
> I swear everytime i lunge at a spartan with a sword and it connects they swing there hammer later and still kill me and theres no lag

They didn’t swing later, they swung before or around the same time as you.
It just doesn’t show on your screen because of latency.

My clan leader gets tons of rafe with sword v hammer.

> 2614366390849210;8:
> > 2533274838520729;7:
> > > 2535429593088083;6:
> > > The rock-paper-scissors principle is in effect. The Gravity Hammer (rock) will win over the Energy Sword (scissors)
> >
> > Beautiful analogy
>
> For those of you who haven’t learned this from grif ball.
>
> Hammer beats sword.
> Sword beats ball.
> Ball beats hammer.
>
> Unless Halo 5 changed this formula up.

So, ball = paper

So the AOE of the hammer kills swords before they get too close?

I would say that the area of effect it has beats the sword before it connects.

I always wondered why this is, but I figured it had something to do with balance. Like others have said, hammer for range and sword for lunge. If either were at any more of a disadvantage, one would almost always prevail making the other useless against it. On the other hand, there have been times where I killed someone with a sword before they had a chance to swing so it may also have to do with getting the timing right.

> 2614366390849210;8:
> > 2533274838520729;7:
> > > 2535429593088083;6:
> > > The rock-paper-scissors principle is in effect. The Gravity Hammer (rock) will win over the Energy Sword (scissors)
> >
> > Beautiful analogy
>
> For those of you who haven’t learned this from grif ball.
>
> Hammer beats sword.
> Sword beats ball.
> Ball beats hammer.
>
> Unless Halo 5 changed this formula up.

Ball beats everything if you’re good with it lol.

> 2614366390849210;8:
> > 2533274838520729;7:
> > > 2535429593088083;6:
> > > The rock-paper-scissors principle is in effect. The Gravity Hammer (rock) will win over the Energy Sword (scissors)
> >
> > Beautiful analogy
>
> For those of you who haven’t learned this from grif ball.
>
> Hammer beats sword.
> Sword beats ball.
> Ball beats hammer.
>
> Unless Halo 5 changed this formula up.

Hasn’t changes as far as I’m aware. In fact, I thought Halo 5 made it more apparent. Nevertheless, good connection has always trumped all.

> 2533274925370623;17:
> > 2614366390849210;8:
> > For those of you who haven’t learned this from grif ball.
> >
> > Hammer beats sword.
> > Sword beats ball.
> > Ball beats hammer.
> >
> > Unless Halo 5 changed this formula up.
>
> Ball beats everything if you’re good with it lol.

Nah, tank beats everything.

> 2727626560040591;19:
> > 2533274925370623;17:
> > > 2614366390849210;8:
> > > For those of you who haven’t learned this from grif ball.
> > >
> > > Hammer beats sword.
> > > Sword beats ball.
> > > Ball beats hammer.
> > >
> > > Unless Halo 5 changed this formula up.
> >
> > Ball beats everything if you’re good with it lol.
>
> Nah, tank beats everything.

Not my Ultra Banshee.

:eyes: