How does CSR REALLY work?

So, I was just ranked Onyx 1500 in SWAT. I won 7 of the 10 games and only went positive twice. I have been told that Onyx is just under champion, but I was not performing well, my team was. Why am I so high?

Ranking up goes up by Wins/Losses. It’s similar to the Master Chief Collection and Halo 2.

> 2533274839883750;2:
> Ranking up goes up by Wins/Losses. It’s similar to the Master Chief Collection and Halo 2.

This, although personally they should have just used the halo 3 rank system.

I’ve heard you cant even drop ranks which makes no sense

> 2533274962122285;4:
> I’ve heard you cant even drop ranks which makes no sense

Ranks reset every so often so you won’t be stuck with that rank forever.

> 2533274962122285;4:
> I’ve heard you cant even drop ranks which makes no sense

stops players from “deleveling”

> 2533274852660538;5:
> > 2533274962122285;4:
> > I’ve heard you cant even drop ranks which makes no sense
>
>
> Ranks reset every so often so you won’t be stuck with that rank forever.

it would be nice to have a monthly KD to see how much we’ve improved over all

Must be a swat thing, low population maybe? I won 9 of the 10 games in BTB, got platinum 1. Won less than half of the 10 swat games, got Diamond 1. Seems like nonsense. Should at least take your personal performance into it some how, I’m forever bouncing between platinum 1 and 2 on Arena for having team mates who won’t play the objective. Of don’t understand strongholds. Or CTF. Or just plain suck. Kind of annoying

> 2533274852660538;3:
> > 2533274839883750;2:
> > Ranking up goes up by Wins/Losses. It’s similar to the Master Chief Collection and Halo 2.
>
>
> This, although personally they should have just used the halo 3 rank system.

I agree!

> 2533274852660538;3:
> > 2533274839883750;2:
> > Ranking up goes up by Wins/Losses. It’s similar to the Master Chief Collection and Halo 2.
>
>
> This, although personally they should have just used the halo 3 rank system.

They did. The Halo 3 system was wins/losses.

The CSR goes by wins and loses. For example, say you’re in the gold division and you’re in Gold 1. In order to get to Gold 2 you need to win a certain amount of games(I don’t know the exact amount of wins). If you loose you’re CSR will go down, but from what I’ve been told you can’t be bumped down to a lower division.
Now once you get to the Onyx Division it’s then based on skill and how well you do in game.
To get to Champion Division you have to be in the top 2 hundred in the Onyx Division(don’t quote me on the top 2 hundred part though).

> 2533274923418316;1:
> So, I was just ranked Onyx 1500 in SWAT. I won 7 of the 10 games and only went positive twice. I have been told that Onyx is just under champion, but I was not performing well, my team was. Why am I so high?

Its pretty messed up and inconsistent for sure. Like yourself, I won 7 out of the 10 games, went positive in most games (approx 50+ KD) and placed Diamond1. I’d much rather be placed in Diamond than Onyx…similarly I’d rather be placed Gold in Team Slayer than Platinum because of the latency disadvantage when playing half decent players so I’ve barely played any games since the placement games.

I really feel as if no one should be placed at such a high rank right off the bat. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trash talking. What I’m saying is that I got into Diamond 1 and I don’t feel like I’m that great at the game. That, and I didn’t get the great feeling of going from bronze to diamond, I didn’t have to go through a grind which I thought might be fun.

Basically, I feel like people should only be calculated to be placed in gold at the very highest, then work up from that. People shouldn’t be placed straight into Onyx, the second highest possible rank, no matter how good they are.
(also, yeah rank is based on wins/losses overall from your team which I’m okay with.)

> 2533274962122285;7:
> > 2533274852660538;5:
> > > 2533274962122285;4:
> > > I’ve heard you cant even drop ranks which makes no sense
> >
> >
> > Ranks reset every so often so you won’t be stuck with that rank forever.
>
>
> it would be nice to have a monthly KD to see how much we’ve improved over all

> 2533274923418316;1:
> So, I was just ranked Onyx 1500 in SWAT. I won 7 of the 10 games and only went positive twice. I have been told that Onyx is just under champion, but I was not performing well, my team was. Why am I so high?

swat 1500 isn’t that I high, the highest I’ve ever went in swat was around 1900 which is a pain to get going solo