How does a Gravemind gain the previous

Gravemind’s memories? This has always kinda confused me, but I haven’t looked into this for some time, but does anybody remember where it says how a Gravemind gets the memories of the previous Gravemind before?

I believe that is the conscious of the Primordial, being stored every form of the flood. Since the flood are the Precursors, and every form of it is connected, the Gravemind’s conscious will exist as long as any form of the flood exists. Be it a single spore, or an entire Keymind.

Don’t know if it’s confirmed or not, but since the Domain (aka the Organon) is of Precursor origins, it is believed that the Flood (aka deformed Precursors) share their info over the Organon, so when one Gravemind dies, the next one simply connects with the Organon.

I believe in genetic memory and Domain.

Flood store memories in genes, upload valuable information into the Domain for other forms.

The Domain was made by the Precursors and Precursors are the Flood. I do not really see why they could not fix the Domain after the firing of the Halos. I think they did, or all the data stored in the Milky way’s Domain area was erased.

However, the Organon was destroyed when the Halos were activated, and the Gravemind in Halo 2-3 had the conscious of the Primordial, it must be connected within the flood itself. Or the Organon being destroyed was metaphorical to all life in the galaxy being destroyed. Since the Precursors were responsible for bringing life to the Milky Way and now all of their work is about to be destroyed by one of their creations. Since the life in the Galaxy was returned, the Organon has too, along with the Primordial.

> <mark>However, the Organon was destroyed when the Halos were activated</mark>, and the Gravemind in Halo 2-3 had the conscious of the Primordial, it must be connected within the flood itself. Or the Organon being destroyed was metaphorical to all life in the galaxy being destroyed. Since the Precursors were responsible for bringing life to the Milky Way and now all of their work is about to be destroyed by one of their creations. Since the life in the Galaxy was returned, the Organon has too, along with the Primordial.

That wasn’t officially confirmed, although it is likely, I still say the Organon is the likely choice.

The flood is legion. All its memories are shared. So long as one center of knowledge remains, then it will never forget.

That’s why the primordial really didn’t care that its body was destroyed. The body was no more than a formality.

The primordial and the gravemind in halo 2 and 3 may as well have been the same thing.

> The flood is legion. All its memories are shared. So long as one center of knowledge remains, then it will never forget.
>
> That’s why the primordial really didn’t care that its body was destroyed. The body was no more than a formality.
>
> The primordial and the gravemind in halo 2 and 3 may as well have been the same thing.

I imagine the Primordial with the same voice as the Gravemind.

<mark>“A”</mark> Gravemind? No.

<mark>“The”</mark> Gravemind.

> > The flood is legion. All its memories are shared. So long as one center of knowledge remains, then it will never forget.
> >
> > That’s why the primordial really didn’t care that its body was destroyed. The body was no more than a formality.
> >
> > The primordial and the gravemind in halo 2 and 3 may as well have been the same thing.
>
> I imagine the Primordial with the same voice as the Gravemind.

Indeed. According to the Ur-Didact, that’s exactly how it is.

Halo Silentium Page 166

A voice came to me that I recognized immediately, despite the passage of over ten thousand years. An old acquaintances, you might say.
Unmistakable.
I had last heard it while tapping into the timelock on Charum Hakkor.
The Primordial had no need to use any particular language. It new me well. It simply vibrated parts of my brain, conveying its cordial message directly.
'Didact, do you have a moment? Just a moment. That’s all it will take.”

The fact that the Primordial will exist as long as any flood forms exist makes one feel very stupid for destroying the Lesser Ark. (not destroyed but rendered useless.)

The Flood have had a reputation of favoring Humans, as we are the last resort for the Precursors.

They save to the cloud storage.

> The fact that the Primordial will exist as long as any flood forms exist makes one feel very stupid for destroying the Lesser Ark. (not destroyed but rendered useless.)
>
> The Flood have had a reputation of favoring Humans, as we are the last resort for the Precursors.

I kept thinking the greater ark survived but the flood did a number on that one.Did they switch the ark names around?

Omega Halo and the Greater Ark were destroyed. Only the Lesser Ark survived, until 2552 of course.

> They save to the cloud storage.

I would like to kiss your cheek

> > > The flood is legion. All its memories are shared. So long as one center of knowledge remains, then it will never forget.
> > >
> > > That’s why the primordial really didn’t care that its body was destroyed. The body was no more than a formality.
> > >
> > > The primordial and the gravemind in halo 2 and 3 may as well have been the same thing.
> >
> > I imagine the Primordial with the same voice as the Gravemind.
>
> Indeed. According to the Ur-Didact, that’s exactly how it is.
>
> Halo Silentium Page 166
>
> “A voice came to me that I recognized immediately, despite the passage of over ten thousand years. An old acquaintances, you might say.
> Unmistakable.
> I had last heard it while tapping into the timelock on Charum Hakkor.
> The Primordial had no need to use any particular language. It new me well. It simply vibrated parts of my brain, conveying its cordial message directly.
> 'Didact, do you have a moment? Just a moment. That’s all it will take.”

Overly polite precursor? Maybe he made Canadians!

The lesser ark is damaged but not destroyed.

-EDIT-
Nevermind, had a sec to pick up my book and enlighten myself.

> They save to the cloud storage.

“This is Flood Technical Support, eatin’ the souls of all sentient life for 100,000 years, how may I help you?”

“Hi, yes, I’ve been destroyed again and need to backup some data.”

"Alright sir, may I ask who this is?

“The Gravemind.”

"Alrighty Mr.Gravemind, just assemble enough biomass to rebuild yourself and all of your data will be available to you again. Have a nice day.

> Omega Halo and the Greater Ark were destroyed. Only the Lesser Ark survived, until 2552 of course.

The Lesser Ark wasn’t completely destroyed, it was rendered uninhabitable. However, the sentinels that exist in the Ark’s core are designed to repair such a thing, as they did construct the Halos from the core.

> > Omega Halo and the Greater Ark were destroyed. Only the Lesser Ark survived, until 2552 of course.
>
> The Lesser Ark wasn’t completely destroyed, it was rendered uninhabitable. However, the sentinels that exist in the Ark’s core are designed to repair such a thing, as they did construct the Halos from the core.

It sure won’t be making Halos anytime soon though, so I still think destroyed is the proper term.