How does 343 fix Halo 5?

Halo 5 is a good game in general, the title may be a little deceptive but how does 343 improve this game to make it epic and also guarantee its longevity in your opinion?

Some of my own suggestions are in the paragraph below this one. Aside from a demand from them here to please sort out and fix the fundamental latency and disconnection issues experienced only with their “dedicated servers”. As sadly many across the globe have been suffering for a while but still no fix, it’s infuriating.

Halo 5 suggestions for improvement for longevity. Agree or disagree with them, this is what I believe as a passionate Halo fan.

No paid only (real world currency) req packs and bundles, stop this shameless money grabbing. Everything should be available through normal game play and accumulated RP. The vehicle req packs though items in them could be acquired through other req packs sets a very dangerous precedence. If these limited time bundles were bought in droves, then it’s a educated guess that we will see exclusive reqs only available in paid packs in the future.

Warzone req levels are aquired far too soon since the Infinity update, is this a step into us using our reqs quicker so we will be tempted into paying for a req pack with real world currency? Either way it seems to have unbalanced and broken Warzone further as you either decimate or get decimated, rarely are the games balanced since the update.

Arena is a masterpiece balance and gameplay wise I love it but more game modes in arena and also a social equivalent of arena game modes would make Halo 5 MP what it should be.

Firefight/Spartan Ops needs to make a return and is sadly missed. Firefight mode in Warzone isn’t a replacement but if they did do it and it didn’t require reqs that would be acceptable in my opinion but would prefer a true mode.

Campaign scoring and timing to return with on screen medals and leaderboards plus achievements like MCC. Campaign commendations and attainable armour should be a thing. Why make a good campaign with a great drop in function if you don’t want people to replay it? Be good to replay it with friends to get some exclusive armour. On that note no armour for completing Halo 5 on Legendary even on solo, seriously? Nor any armour available for playing any element of the Halo 5 campaign was an utter disappointment. Please rectify this 343 and award us something in retrospect.

Forge mode is great and hats off to our Halo community as playing some of their creations is a true pleasure. I heard it is rumoured anyway but proper fileshare would make it easier to access some of our communities great creations.

Yes we have DVR now but the replay theatre on Halo 5 needs to be fixed. You cannot take DVR from it. MCC’s worked perfectly and this should also work with the proper fileshare as suggested above.

Not including split-screen as a suggestion above are all possible with current game engine, timeframe and consoles architecture.

There is no fixing halo 5 at this point

Things that i think should be fixed for halo 5 (should have been here since launch really):

• Same aim mechanics for everyone, (not everyone can find perfect acceleration, deadzones setting which puts them at a disadvantage, so having the same aim for everyone is good IMO) - Brand new maps, with good graphics, no remixes or forge. - More gametypes (not just one gametype every 1-2 months, wtf) - Social and Ranked (should hve been here at launch…)These are few i think are pretty basic which could have saved halo 5

> 2533274792820475;2:
> There is no fixing halo 5 at this point

Exactly you cant fix what isnt broken :wink:

> 2535432958326322;3:
> Things that i think should be fixed for halo 5 (should have been here since launch really):
>
> - Same aim mechanics for everyone, (not everyone can find perfect acceleration, deadzones setting which puts them at a disadvantage, so having the same aim for everyone is good IMO)
> - Brand new maps, with good graphics, no remixes or forge.
> - More gametypes (not just one gametype every 1-2 months, wtf)
> - Social and Ranked (should hve been here at launch…)
> These are few i think are pretty basic which could have saved halo 5

no its not good, its common sense to figure out what works for you, everyone is different in how they play and what they feel is comfortable, by eliminating the ability to customize ones ones controls puts even more at a disadvantage because most dont use the base setting.

There is nothing wrong with forge maps, sure they were released in all these first updates but when you look at it, its a benefit. We know we are getting brand new maps next update (original) around the 4 major update. Map packs tend to be released around this time and we got no maps inbetween launch date and the release of map packs. Having forge maps atleasts gives us more maps than what we got at launch before new/original maps are released. That being said I dont think the game should have launched with forge maps (Pegasus, orion etc)

I can agree with this though i see why they made the choice of these modes. They were chastised for being to casual in halo 4, this made them focus on competative play and the social stuff got pushed to the side. The more competative modes are what were in game when released, with the backlash they received in 4 i doubt they saw the backlash they received in 5 coming.
Again see my explanation above, i agree with you but its understandable why it wasnt.

You guys are talking like the game is deader that a rotting horse in the desert. The game is not dead, nor is it limping, it has a healthy population. Sure its not as much as halo 3 but that is not the benchmark for a healthy game.

They needed to bring back a lot that was previously in the franchise. The game shipped bare bones with a lot of fan favorites missing. They nailed the gameplay of the game, but with a lack of features the game became stale/bland. From my speculation 343 withheld the “extras” to keep the game relevant for the monthly updates. Honestly, it’s great that there are monthly updates because it gives the impression that the game is alive, but heck who ships a Halo without oddball or infection?

I personally disagree with your warzone point. Most matches did not last long enough to use higher req vehicles/weapons, by increasing the speed at which people level up, the more chaotic the match becomes. This was the goal of warzone, to be a chaotic match between two teams of twelve. It also solved the problem of one team getting higher reqs early and completely stomping the other team, sure it still happens but now the losing team can still reach a high req level and possess the equipment to create an adequate comeback.

Other wise, i agree with alot of your points. Though i dont think spartan ops was good in halo 4 but that was because of the writing and repetition so more personal preferance.

Too much damage has been done at this point, there is no fixing it. Lack of content and the overall change to gameplay pushed a lot of fans away and a lot of people have already lost faith in 343 and don’t believe they’re capable of making a good Halo game, I’m one of those people. I don’t think 343 is a bad developer I just don’t think they’re capable of making a good Halo game, that’s not to say they couldn’t go make other games I’m sure with the formula that they have created with H5 that they can go on to make even better games I just honestly don’t see H5 as a Halo game and I prefer not to refer to it as one.

To me idk if they can only because the way they implement updates.Stop wasting time on weapon skins and add more then one gametype per month

> 2533274846171508;4:
> > 2533274792820475;2:
> > There is no fixing halo 5 at this point
>
>
> Exactly you cant fix what isnt broken :wink:

Tell that to those who keep getting matched in latent servers that’s the fundamental issue that needs fixing. Though it may not affect you for others the game is nigh on unplayable.

But it in all respect if you think Halo 5 cannot be improved you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

• More social game modes - More tools for sharing content - a PvE mode for co-op

> 2533274840624875;5:
> > 2535432958326322;3:
> > Things that i think should be fixed for halo 5 (should have been here since launch really):
> >
> > - Same aim mechanics for everyone, (not everyone can find perfect acceleration, deadzones setting which puts them at a disadvantage, so having the same aim for everyone is good IMO)
> > - Brand new maps, with good graphics, no remixes or forge.
> > - More gametypes (not just one gametype every 1-2 months, wtf)
> > - Social and Ranked (should hve been here at launch…)
> > These are few i think are pretty basic which could have saved halo 5
>
>
> no its not good, its common sense to figure out what works for you, everyone is different in how they play and what they feel is comfortable, by eliminating the ability to customize ones ones controls puts even more at a disadvantage because most dont use the base setting.
>
> There is nothing wrong with forge maps, sure they were released in all these first updates but when you look at it, its a benefit. We know we are getting brand new maps next update (original) around the 4 major update. Map packs tend to be released around this time and we got no maps inbetween launch date and the release of map packs. Having forge maps atleasts gives us more maps than what we got at launch before new/original maps are released. That being said I dont think the game should have launched with forge maps (Pegasus, orion etc)
>
> I can agree with this though i see why they made the choice of these modes. They were chastised for being to casual in halo 4, this made them focus on competative play and the social stuff got pushed to the side. The more competative modes are what were in game when released, with the backlash they received in 4 i doubt they saw the backlash they received in 5 coming.
> Again see my explanation above, i agree with you but its understandable why it wasnt.
>
> You guys are talking like the game is deader that a rotting horse in the desert. The game is not dead, nor is it limping, it has a healthy population. Sure its not as much as halo 3 but that is not the benchmark for a healthy game.

Halo 5 should have both ranked and social playlists just as Halo 3 did. I agree Halo 4’s MP while fun was berated by fans as it was too casual. I am not criticising 343 for Halo 5’s arena as it’s fantastic balanced and competitive but that doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be social equivalents of the ranked playlists.

However unless you escaped the funny farm you couldn’t be happy with the lack of variety and game modes at launch and to date. Weekend playlists are good but we need more permanent playlists not timed ones. Where’s Oddball, Infection etc? What apologists and new players don’t seem to realise is Halo was better than the competition due to depth and the variety in playlists and game modes.

Halo 5 isn’t dead but unless they take the suggestions in OP seriously it may very well die before its time. I don’t want that Halo 5 is good (aside from fundamental server issues).

I am a Halo fan and player since 2001. I have fully supported 343 since Bungie’s departure, I enjoyed Halo 4 and MCC (though riddled with issues at launch). 343 have done a lot of good especially with expanding the lore and story and the Halo 5 is good but it could be epic.

I respect others opinions but it doesn’t mean I will always agree with them.

Only thing they can do is find a new community that doesn’t’ have such high expectations.

> 2533274847916490;6:
> They needed to bring back a lot that was previously in the franchise. The game shipped bare bones with a lot of fan favorites missing. They nailed the gameplay of the game, but with a lack of features the game became stale/bland. From my speculation 343 withheld the “extras” to keep the game relevant for the monthly updates. Honestly, it’s great that there are monthly updates because it gives the impression that the game is alive, but heck who ships a Halo without oddball or infection?

Fully agree with this. Halo 5 mechanics are fine it’s just the lack of game modes and content that Is the main issue.

> 2728966917079826;13:
> Only thing they can do is find a new community that doesn’t’ have such high expectations.

High expections? No these are not high expectations a lot of the things in OP have been stripped from Halo, torn from it’s core. These are not desires or expectations a real Halo fan wouldn’t make excuses for the lack of content in the game and over emphasis on micro transactions.

However this is Halo there are always going to be high expectations as Microsoft’s flagship franchise.

> 2728966917079826;13:
> Only thing they can do is find a new community that doesn’t’ have such high expectations.

lol
The previous games set them and the successors did a decent job of meeting them. This one failing to do the same is not the fault of the community.

IMO the best way to fix Halo 5 is to start with a clean slate for Halo 6.

The best thing they could do right now (in my humble opinion) is to add permanent gamemodes & playlists. Just dole out the modes/lists the community has been screaming about for months. I think that’d go a long way in most peoples eyes.

Uh, before 343i starts “fixing” Halo 5, can they first finishing patching and fixing the Master Chief Collection? Matchmaking is spotty, Phantoms deload on certain Campaign levels, etc. Halo 5 is fine, fix the MCC.

Like most modern day games they need to patch the hell out of it.

Add more variety to the game, I can play slayer 24/7 but it’d be nice to play an official CTF or oddball playlist here and there.

classic non sprint playlist for those who don’t fancy current halo

Splitscreen (although I don’t think it hurts having no split screen, it may keep a few others playing it)

I don’t care about maps and what they look like, but others seem to so could improve in that aspect.

some sort of pve playlist like firefight or Spartan ops. War zone is all fun and al but you fight players more than the actual A.I if you ask me.

May not happen as halo never does story dlc but spin offs involving blue team and Osiris members this way people can try to understand who they are and why they’re Spartans. Pretty much add something to help the story of h5 be better understood.