How do you unlock nameplates?

I saw a few players around with nameplates instead of the default grey one.

How do they unlock it? Is it a glitch?

> 2533274818084099;1:
> I saw a few players around with nameplates instead of the default grey one.
>
> How do they unlock it? Is it a glitch?

The waypoint app

Download the Halo waypoint beta app. I downloaded the android version. Once you’ve downloaded it and logged on you should be able to customize your service tag, emblem and AI voice.

I can’t seem to find the app on iOS, only halo channel pops up, can anyone offer advice?

> 2535428765863087;4:
> I can’t seem to find the app on iOS, only halo channel pops up, can anyone offer advice?

On google play under the reviews was an option to join Halo channel beta test. I just signed up to that and it installed the beta version of waypoint. Hope this helps in some way.

> 2535428765863087;4:
> I can’t seem to find the app on iOS, only halo channel pops up, can anyone offer advice?

You should have a separate message in your inbox to download the app. It won’t be on the App Store as it is in beta, so you need the TestFlight app to download it on iOS.

edit:

https://insidersupport.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360061147371

> 2533274818816466;3:
> Download the Halo waypoint beta app. I downloaded the android version. Once you’ve downloaded it and logged on you should be able to customize your service tag, emblem and AI voice.

You need to download the Halo Channel app to enroll into the Waypoint beta - I did that but at startup splash screen of Halo Channel says something like “The required data could not be retrieved. Try again.”

Cleared cache - same error.
Disconnected wifi - same error.
Cleared all data - same error.
Uninstalled / re-installed - same error.

I guess I won’t have the mobile version of Waypoint preview.
But why would mobile have more functionality than the web version of Waypoint? Doesn’t make sense to me. Is it meant to be like Instagram?

> 2533274818084099;7:
> > 2533274818816466;3:
> > Download the Halo waypoint beta app. I downloaded the android version. Once you’ve downloaded it and logged on you should be able to customize your service tag, emblem and AI voice.
>
> You need to download the Halo Channel app to enroll into the Waypoint beta - I did that but at startup splash screen of Halo Channel says something like “The required data could not be retrieved. Try again.”
>
> Cleared cache - same error.
> Disconnected wifi - same error.
> Cleared all data - same error.
> Uninstalled / re-installed - same error.
>
> I guess I won’t have the mobile version of Waypoint preview.
> But why would mobile have more functionality than the web version of Waypoint? Doesn’t make sense to me. Is it meant to be like Instagram?

Is there an option to sign up for the apps beta tester on from wherever you downloaded it from? I had to join the app beta tester on google play and it installed the new version of Halo channel then when I opened it up it was the new Halo waypoint app.
Underneath the apps review section there should be an option for beta testers.

> 2533274818816466;3:
> Download the Halo waypoint beta app. I downloaded the android version. Once you’ve downloaded it and logged on you should be able to customize your service tag, emblem and AI voice.

Android version fails to work for me.

> 2533274818816466;8:
> > 2533274818084099;7:
> > > 2533274818816466;3:
> > > Download the Halo waypoint beta app. I downloaded the android version. Once you’ve downloaded it and logged on you should be able to customize your service tag, emblem and AI voice.
> >
> > You need to download the Halo Channel app to enroll into the Waypoint beta - I did that but at startup splash screen of Halo Channel says something like “The required data could not be retrieved. Try again.”
> >
> > Cleared cache - same error.
> > Disconnected wifi - same error.
> > Cleared all data - same error.
> > Uninstalled / re-installed - same error.
> >
> > I guess I won’t have the mobile version of Waypoint preview.
> > But why would mobile have more functionality than the web version of Waypoint? Doesn’t make sense to me. Is it meant to be like Instagram?
>
> Is there an option to sign up for the apps beta tester on from wherever you downloaded it from? I had to join the app beta tester on google play and it installed the new version of Halo channel then when I opened it up it was the new Halo waypoint app.
> Underneath the apps review section there should be an option for beta testers.

Thanks mate. I see this option.
I clicked on it. Says " Beta signup in progress. It takes a few minutes."
I’ll post an update if it works out in the end.

> 2533274818816466;8:
> > 2533274818084099;7:
> > > 2533274818816466;3:
> > > Download the Halo waypoint beta app. I downloaded the android version. Once you’ve downloaded it and logged on you should be able to customize your service tag, emblem and AI voice.
> >
> > You need to download the Halo Channel app to enroll into the Waypoint beta - I did that but at startup splash screen of Halo Channel says something like “The required data could not be retrieved. Try again.”
> >
> > Cleared cache - same error.
> > Disconnected wifi - same error.
> > Cleared all data - same error.
> > Uninstalled / re-installed - same error.
> >
> > I guess I won’t have the mobile version of Waypoint preview.
> > But why would mobile have more functionality than the web version of Waypoint? Doesn’t make sense to me. Is it meant to be like Instagram?
>
> Is there an option to sign up for the apps beta tester on from wherever you downloaded it from? I had to join the app beta tester on google play and it installed the new version of Halo channel then when I opened it up it was the new Halo waypoint app.
> Underneath the apps review section there should be an option for beta testers.

That worked! Thank you. Takes a few minutes for you to get the Beta channel app. I signed in and got to change stuff up.

> 2533274819984192;9:
> > 2533274818816466;3:
> > Download the Halo waypoint beta app. I downloaded the android version. Once you’ve downloaded it and logged on you should be able to customize your service tag, emblem and AI voice.
>
> Android version fails to work for me.

On the google play store when you find halo channel scroll underneath the reviews and there should be a beta tester option. Join that and it will install the new waypoint version. Hope this helps.

> 2533274818084099;11:
> > 2533274818816466;8:
> > > 2533274818084099;7:
> > > > 2533274818816466;3:
> > > > Download the Halo waypoint beta app. I downloaded the android version. Once you’ve downloaded it and logged on you should be able to customize your service tag, emblem and AI voice.
> > >
> > > You need to download the Halo Channel app to enroll into the Waypoint beta - I did that but at startup splash screen of Halo Channel says something like “The required data could not be retrieved. Try again.”
> > >
> > > Cleared cache - same error.
> > > Disconnected wifi - same error.
> > > Cleared all data - same error.
> > > Uninstalled / re-installed - same error.
> > >
> > > I guess I won’t have the mobile version of Waypoint preview.
> > > But why would mobile have more functionality than the web version of Waypoint? Doesn’t make sense to me. Is it meant to be like Instagram?
> >
> > Is there an option to sign up for the apps beta tester on from wherever you downloaded it from? I had to join the app beta tester on google play and it installed the new version of Halo channel then when I opened it up it was the new Halo waypoint app.
> > Underneath the apps review section there should be an option for beta testers.
>
> That worked! Thank you. Takes a few minutes for you to get the Beta channel app. I signed in and got to change stuff up.
>
>
> > 2533274818084099;11:
> > > 2533274818816466;8:
> > > > 2533274818084099;7:
> > > > > 2533274818816466;3:
> > > > > Download the Halo waypoint beta app. I downloaded the android version. Once you’ve downloaded it and logged on you should be able to customize your service tag, emblem and AI voice.
> > > >
> > > > You need to download the Halo Channel app to enroll into the Waypoint beta - I did that but at startup splash screen of Halo Channel says something like “The required data could not be retrieved. Try again.”
> > > >
> > > > Cleared cache - same error.
> > > > Disconnected wifi - same error.
> > > > Cleared all data - same error.
> > > > Uninstalled / re-installed - same error.
> > > >
> > > > I guess I won’t have the mobile version of Waypoint preview.
> > > > But why would mobile have more functionality than the web version of Waypoint? Doesn’t make sense to me. Is it meant to be like Instagram?
> > >
> > > Is there an option to sign up for the apps beta tester on from wherever you downloaded it from? I had to join the app beta tester on google play and it installed the new version of Halo channel then when I opened it up it was the new Halo waypoint app.
> > > Underneath the apps review section there should be an option for beta testers.
> >
> > That worked! Thank you. Takes a few minutes for you to get the Beta channel app. I signed in and got to change stuff up.
>
> Glad you got it working :slight_smile:

> 2661949065475413;6:
> > 2535428765863087;4:
> > I can’t seem to find the app on iOS, only halo channel pops up, can anyone offer advice?
>
> You should have a separate message in your inbox to download the app. It won’t be on the App Store as it is in beta, so you need the TestFlight app to download it on iOS.
>
> edit:
>
> https://insidersupport.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360061147371

Thanks for this, it is saying the beta is full now though. Kind of bummed that I can’t trying seeing as I’m in the flight.

> 2535428765863087;14:
> > 2661949065475413;6:
> > > 2535428765863087;4:
> > > I can’t seem to find the app on iOS, only halo channel pops up, can anyone offer advice?
> >
> > You should have a separate message in your inbox to download the app. It won’t be on the App Store as it is in beta, so you need the TestFlight app to download it on iOS.
> >
> > edit:
> >
> > https://insidersupport.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360061147371
>
> Thanks for this, it is saying the beta is full now though. Kind of bummed that I can’t trying seeing as I’m in the flight.

Yes someone else had mentioned in another thread that apple only allows a limited number of participants in a beta app. So it turned out to be a first come first serve deal.

You’re not missing a whole lot. A good bit of it is broken still, and only works on phone. I tried using it on my iPad and it wasn’t optimized for that and everything is all distorted and wonky.

I’m not 100% sure how much I’m allowed to discuss about it. When I went to submit a bug report, it said not to take any screenshots or videos of the beta app, even if a support team member asks me to. So I might have signed an NDA without realizing it? Anyone got any insight on that?

To download the waypoint app on iOS you need to download the test flight app first and sign in with your Apple creds. Once you sign in and if you’ve been accepted into the waypoint beta the app will show up in TestFlight and you just hit join