How do you think the Railgun will work?

How do you think the Railgun work? Compare it to a previous weapon in Halo or describe it.
I think it will work like the Spartan Laser, a charge time and then a beam will fire from the gun (like a Gauss cannon) it will probably be bluish-violet, (also like the Gauss cannon) and when it hits something it will rock the ground and there would be an explosion about 0.75-0.5 the strength of a rocket, a direct hit would likely result in a (explosive) kill. So what do you think?

Should be similar to a gauss turret.

I would say it would be like the Cannon at the end of Halo Reach, where Six uses it to bring down the Covenant ship heading towards the Pillar of Autumn.
I would probaly think the two would work the same way - A charge time and then a massive blast of energy.

Pull the trigger and it fires?

I’m Expecting a charge up process and then a gauss cannon type beam and a cool down process, but even if it isn’t this, it stills sounds like it’s going to be an awesome piece of weaponary though.

I imagine it being like the Crysis Gauss Cannon

There would have to be some kind of projectile, like a bullet, but not necessarily a bullet. Lorentz Force theory states this. Think of it as moving a projectile without the conventional explosive, i.e gunpowder.

By definition it should not act like a Gauss gun, but since its Halo, we should expect just that.

i think it might be similar to the bruteshot

I hope it’s a variable damage weapon that would be akin to the S.Laser in physical funtion, but without the overpenetrating rounds on vehicles, only infantry.

It may be able to fire instantly, but if so, its damage is about that of a CE-Magnum and doesn’t overpenetrate… And yes it should have at least an x2 scope.
If one charges the shot, it can be an insta-kill headshot or a 2-shot killer.
If one charges a shot longer, it’s an insta-kill anywhere shot on infantry, heavy damage to vehicles, about 3 shots to down a tank.
No more damage capabilities are needed for gameplay IMO. It’d be one hell of a high-tier weapon.
Oh and let the charge rate be equal to the shot rate. Ie, 3 shots expel in the same time it takes to fire a fully charged shot. Perhaps charged shots should take slightly longer, but I’d have more fun with it being equal.

I’m sticking to my opinion that it’s somewhere on the spectrum between the Brute Shot and Spartan Laser.

> I’m sticking to my opinion that it’s somewhere on the spectrum between the Brute Shot and Spartan Laser.

Imagine the impact of such a combined weapon in build as well.
Such a mighty whallop.

> How do you think the Railgun work? Compare it to a previous weapon in Halo or describe it.
> I think it will work like the Spartan Laser, a charge time and then a beam will fire from the gun (like a Gauss cannon) it will probably be bluish-violet, (also like the Gauss cannon) and when it hits something it will rock the ground and there would be an explosion about 0.75-0.5 the strength of a rocket, a direct hit would likely result in a (explosive) kill. So what do you think?

I thought of the exact same thing except it would be the opposite from the laser. Instead of charging for the beam, the gun would immediately shoot and there would be a recharge time as the gun cools off. That way, you will have to be super accurate to make sure you don’t miss your target.

> > I’m sticking to my opinion that it’s somewhere on the spectrum between the Brute Shot and Spartan Laser.
>
> Imagine the impact of such a combined weapon in build as well.
> Such a mighty whallop.

Precisely. :slight_smile:

Splaser/rocket hybrid, although I think it would fire like a gauss, maybe with a hint of spartan “load” time. Dead on accuracy, fast projectile, small but intense area damage.

If it’s like the real live version wouldn’t it fire a really fast small object like a metal projectile that would go through objects? I could imagine it as a bruteshot crossed with a Spartan Laser as said by Greenskull

Probably like dat one gun from Tribes Ascend that…Just watch this video >>>

That gun.

I definitely feel like it’s going to be 343’s attempt to balance the Spartan Laser for vehicle combat so my guess would be the likes of a Gauss cannon that is a 1sk on infantry but works more like a brute shot on vehicles. I also don’t think a charge up period is out if the picture.

I think they said (Josh Holmes) it would fill in for a brute shot.

Also, hello again Negative ^

I always thought it would work like the contact beam from dead space.

> Should be similar to a gauss turret.

thats what everyone is saying / but i dont think its going to be like that

only time will tell.