How do you strafe?

Trying to find a better method. My current methods are kinda getting useless. Just a left and right strafe then jump. Need to make it more confusing. Can someone tell me how to crouch while strafing, and still keep your shot on?

One reason why we need control mapping, try the recon control scheme.

I usually don’t ever strafe, because the job can be done without it, and I’m just lazy like that. I don’t see many people trying to do it much, but yeah just mess with it.

Make it more confusing. Sometimes I may throw a couple crouches in there and usually jump at the end.

> Trying to find a better method. My current methods are kinda getting useless. Just a left and right strafe then jump. Need to make it more confusing. Can someone tell me how to crouch while strafing, and still keep your shot on?

Enable toggle crouch so you don’t have to hold to crouch?

Recon or Bumper Jumper.

The whole point is to be unpredictable. If you use the same pattern over and over again, eventually the enemy will hit you much more consistently.

You’re suppose to decide in a cerebral way when you change direction, duck or jump (or jump and duck). No one can actually teach you to be random in those actions, it is up to you to mix them up.

I would suggest learning how to time your movements so that they coincide with the cadence of the enemy’s shots. You want to make your next move just before their next shot.
Of course again that’s not something you can teach per say, you must learn it.

> Trying to find a better method. My current methods are kinda getting useless. Just a left and right strafe then jump. Need to make it more confusing. Can someone tell me how to crouch while strafing, and still keep your shot on?

Tips and Tricks.

• Strafe left and right then jump.
  • Strafe left (or right) and then suddenly turn the other way.
  • Jump as much as you can when standing under a low roof.
  • Pretend you are going to hide behind the wall, then suddenly jump out.
  • Press the crouch button while jumping to do a ghandi jump.
  • Try to stay with your teammate as much as you can.
  • Hardscope with the sniper (Just wait for people to pop their head out, you shouldn’t move and danger yourself to get in sight line).
  • Works mostly only on noobs and only when being close to them - Go straight forward while shooting and just before you are in the range of being able to be pummeled, jump backwards.

Watch my Halo 3 video to see if you might learn something.

From what I’ve found, strafing is obviously only useful as a defensive tactic. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen some chump with the DMR hang back 200 meters and strafe when I only have an AR.

I also think unpredictability is overrated. You should be trying to dodge your enemy’s fire in a rhythm.

Cause you cant outstrafe an AR? hitscan + huge bullet magnetism… I hate that thing.

Watch yourself strafe in kill cams or theater mode. This will help you visualize ways to improve. This helped me.

Longer strafes the closer you are, shorter when further away. You can mix it up mid to long but don’t short strafe up close, it does nothing.

Sometimes going one way then stopping then going again helps e.g. left,stop,left.

Ducking and jumping like other have said.

> Cause you cant outstrafe an AR? hitscan + huge bullet magnetism… I hate that thing.

Every weapon has the same bullet magnetism. This has been proven (though aim magnetism does vary). You have to outshoot an AR since you can’t outstrafe it. On the AR user’s part, he has to outstrafe the precision user since he can’t outshoot him.

Gandhi brought this up in his stream the other day and it is a pretty solid tip.

When you are in a battle, try and wait for the other guy to jump first. Jumping essentially makes you a floating target gliding through the air so make them do it first.

Instead of jumping focus on strafing and throwing some crouches in. You need to make sure when crouch strafing though that you are actually holding the crouch for a quick moment instead of just clicking it. Just clicking it while strafing doesnt make the motion prominent enough to make them miss.

If you do find the need to jump, throw some gandhi hops in.

> Longer strafes the closer you are, shorter when further away. You can mix it up mid to long but don’t short strafe up close, it does nothing.
>
> Sometimes going one way then stopping then going again helps e.g. left,stop,left.
>
> Ducking and jumping like other have said.

Shorter strafe when being close can sometimes be very helpful. People always expect you to do long strafes, but if you do short ones sometimes (Really short and fast), their unconsciousness will move their aim further away than needed.

Longer strafes when you are farther away. If you do a short strafe from far away, it has really no positive effect.

Shorter strafes when you are close up. It takes very little movement up close to get out of their crosshairs.

I use the “stop strafe” occasionally, start a normal quick/long strafe combo and then abrupt stop (sometimes jump straight up) > empty the clip.

Almost never works but always hilarious.

> Gandhi brought this up in his stream the other day and it is a pretty solid tip.
>
> When you are in a battle, try and wait for the other guy to jump first. Jumping essentially makes you a floating target gliding through the air so make them do it first.
>
> Instead of jumping focus on strafing and throwing some crouches in. You need to make sure when crouch strafing though that you are actually holding the crouch for a quick moment instead of just clicking it. Just clicking it while strafing doesnt make the motion prominent enough to make them miss.
>
> If you do find the need to jump, throw some gandhi hops in.

Indeed, jumping isn’t the best of strafes, most of the time. It works for the first few hundred milliseconds of the jump, but because it’s really easy to predict the path, the opponent will soon be able to easily know where you land.

Jumping is usually best reserved for the very end of the battle as a last resort strafe. It’s also a good move to use to come from behind corners as it places your head above expected. But even then, the jump should be timed so that you are already falling when coming from behind the corner.

The final effective use of jump is when you can jump on an object approximately at the maximum level of the jump. That way you can instantly perform a second jump. It’s a rare scenario, but works well.

Those are the only three scenarios where jumping is beneficial. In other situations, it often tends to be more of a detriment than a benefit.

I use the bumper-jumper controls, because I jump around a lot.

> > Trying to find a better method. My current methods are kinda getting useless. Just a left and right strafe then jump. Need to make it more confusing. Can someone tell me how to crouch while strafing, and still keep your shot on?
>
> Tips and Tricks.
>
> - Strafe left and right then jump.
> - Strafe left (or right) and then suddenly turn the other way.
> - Jump as much as you can when standing under a low roof.
> - Pretend you are going to hide behind the wall, then suddenly jump out.
> - Press the crouch button while jumping to do a ghandi jump.
> - Try to stay with your teammate as much as you can.
> - Hardscope with the sniper (Just wait for people to pop their head out, you shouldn’t move and danger yourself to get in sight line).
> - Works mostly only on noobs and only when being close to them - Go straight forward while shooting and just before you are in the range of being able to be pummeled, jump backwards.

Melee lunge disables that affect.

Strafing in this game is so pointless. You don’t need to do it at all.

This Reach rehash game (Halo 4) makes spartan models so small and the maps huge. By sprinting you can easily escape challenges or simply stand in 1 spot and kill the other guy strafing.

This game is nothing like Halo 3 and bringing Halo 3 practises into this game just makes you short of bad.

Halo 4 is a spray and gun game whereas competitve playlists you just jump and thruster pack around, never mind strafing.