How do you report cheaters?

I was playing in a Regicide match earlier today and 3-4 of the members were all colluding together. They were all in party chat and would huddle around in corners and/or just watch each other walk by (not shooting at each other).

I don’t see a means to report people in this game. Does it exist?

I’ve just seen some cheating too, there appears not to be a way to report cheaters other than file a complaint(and we all know how well that works)

Blame 343i for allowing players in a party to search for matches in a FFA mode, same goes for Bungie when they allowed it. The ability to search with full partys in any game mode always results in easy boosting or in your case unfair gameplay.

So far, I’ve been lucky not to run into anyone using any of the known exploits and whatnot, but if I do I would definitely report them.

Also…

> there appears not to be a way to report cheaters other than file a complaint(and we all know how well that works)

It does work. Just don’t expect Microsoft to send you a response saying, “Hey, we totally banned that dude. Thanks a bunch for telling us. Have a cookie dawg!”

i havent run into any cheaters like this but i have run into a lot of AFKers in spartops which is just stupid, once again they get a few kills and hide.

343 get of your -Yoinks!- and do something about that and other idiots who go into MM

Given the fact we can go in the Theatre ourselves and then upload a full recording of a player cheating, yet cannot report this to 343 in any way seems quite ridiculous.

People should be banned or have their rank reset as punishment for exploiting a bug in the game because it is cheating. The glitch on Complex players are using in Flood and Oddball is just a joke and it’s embarrassing we cannot get the evidence to 343 for these people to be punished.

It shouldn’t be difficult to report players when the evidence is so easily attainable.

The complex glitch, for flood and oddball I have been saving all game videos of the cheaters using the wall glitch. And I know it’s unsporting conduct but I have been team killing noobs who use said glitch also. Even if it results in me being booted for betrayal.

Worth it IMO…

They couldn’t give a rats a $$. All they are doing is making the $$$$$$$$. I dare anyone to tell me when they actually have even mentioned a way to report cheaters. I’ve never once found any mention of this. & considering every miniscule thing you can find on the net. I think I would have come across it.

Don’t hold your breath. 343 doesn’t care. Microsoft doesn’t care. Bun Bungie doesn’t. All they want is the $$$$$. And we keep giving it to them.

You can report it, but Xbox live doesn’t investigate nor care.

> 2535459674199668;9:
> You can report it, but Xbox live doesn’t investigate nor care.

I tend to disagree with this statement. Months ago, a LIVE user whose name I cannot mention here was harassing my LIVE friends and I after we disbanded a party because he joined our party out of the blue and was being very vulgar. He then decided to threaten to get us banned from XBox LIVE, stating that we were bullying him, and that an ‘Anti-Bullying’ policy existed (Which it doesn’t, that is what Blocking Communications and the Report Features are for). We reported him, Text Communication the reason, and then thereafter blocked communications. This guy had the nerve to create four new accounts and continue. We repeated our reporting, and the end result was him and all his accounts including his primary being permanently banned from XBox LIVE. Then as a last ditch effort, he tryed harassing me on my DeviantArt account. Guess how that ended.

I also reported two people in the past to LIVE for having Stalker specialization armor under SR-50 using the report feature (System Tampering being the reason) and they were banned from LIVE as well. Microsoft does care, but there has to be a permanent detectable change ill-legitimately done by the player. Otherwise the issue usually isn’t resolved. A glitch in a game would not be considered a reportable offense, because it is not detectable by Microsoft themselves, not to mention Microsoft sees the responsibility of glitches as well the potential fixing of them to the game developers. In cases like these, as well as cases where players intentionally play poorly, play the game incorrectly, and exploit games (Such as the Spartan Ops example of a player during a multiplayer game getting one kill and then AFKing/AFCing) you submit player review, avoid the player and use ‘Unsporting Conduct’ as the reason.

> 2533274831754379;4:
> So far, I’ve been lucky not to run into anyone using any of the known exploits and whatnot, but if I do I would definitely report them.
>
> Also…
>
> > there appears not to be a way to report cheaters other than file a complaint(and we all know how well that works)
>
>
> It does work. Just don’t expect Microsoft to send you a response saying, “Hey, we totally banned that dude. Thanks a bunch for telling us. Have a cookie dawg!”

You got it Phoenix1710 :slight_smile: .

By the way leroy 69, Necro Ahoy! Please do not post spam on the forums. Necroposting in a thread is considered spam and against the Halo Waypoint Rules. You can read the rules you agreed to upon signing up to use the Halo Waypoint Forums here .

Quoted from BS Angel from the Halo Waypoint Rules Thread: - “Please do not spam. Spam includes but is not limited to commercial posts, single word responses, petitions, non-English posts, posts containing all-caps, necroposts and bumps (replies purposely made to move the thread to the top of the active thread list).”

I hope that helps and have a nice day now.

Just report them through File Complaint (Though that may not work) but there’s no problem in having a little faith, right?

> 2533274898831741;10:
> > 2535459674199668;9:
> > You can report it, but Xbox live doesn’t investigate nor care.
>
>
> I tend to disagree with this statement. Months ago, a LIVE user whose name I cannot mention here was harassing my LIVE friends and I after we disbanded a party because he joined our party out of the blue and was being very vulgar. He then decided to threaten to get us banned from XBox LIVE, stating that we were bullying him, and that an ‘Anti-Bullying’ policy existed (Which it doesn’t, that is what Blocking Communications and the Report Features are for). We reported him, Text Communication the reason, and then thereafter blocked communications. This guy had the nerve to create four new accounts and continue. We repeated our reporting, and the end result was him and all his accounts including his primary being permanently banned from XBox LIVE. Then as a last ditch effort, he tryed harassing me on my DeviantArt account. Guess how that ended.
>
> I also reported two people in the past to LIVE for having Stalker specialization armor under SR-50 using the report feature (System Tampering being the reason) and they were banned from LIVE as well. Microsoft does care, but there has to be a permanent detectable change ill-legitimately done by the player. Otherwise the issue usually isn’t resolved. A glitch in a game would not be considered a reportable offense, because it is not detectable by Microsoft themselves, not to mention Microsoft sees the responsibility of glitches as well the potential fixing of them to the game developers. In cases like these, as well as cases where players intentionally play poorly, play the game incorrectly, and exploit games (Such as the Spartan Ops example of a player during a multiplayer game getting one kill and then AFKing/AFCing) you submit player review, avoid the player and use ‘Unsporting Conduct’ as the reason.
>
>
> > 2533274831754379;4:
> > So far, I’ve been lucky not to run into anyone using any of the known exploits and whatnot, but if I do I would definitely report them.
> >
> > Also…
> >
> > > there appears not to be a way to report cheaters other than file a complaint(and we all know how well that works)
> >
> >
> > It does work. Just don’t expect Microsoft to send you a response saying, “Hey, we totally banned that dude. Thanks a bunch for telling us. Have a cookie dawg!”
>
>
> You got it Phoenix1710 :slight_smile: .
>
> By the way leroy 69, Necro Ahoy! Please do not post spam on the forums. Necroposting in a thread is considered spam and against the Halo Waypoint Rules. You can read the rules you agreed to upon signing up to use the Halo Waypoint Forums here .
>
> Quoted from BS Angel from the Halo Waypoint Rules Thread: - “Please do not spam. Spam includes but is not limited to commercial posts, single word responses, petitions, non-English posts, posts containing all-caps, necroposts and bumps (replies purposely made to move the thread to the top of the active thread list).”
>
> I hope that helps and have a nice day now.

I’ve reported people for undisputable acts of hacking/modding and I’ve seen them two days later in the game I’m playing. This means that filing a complaint doesn’t work nor does the “avoid player” system. Wish you could send video clips from Theater to Xbox live as evidence.

You just got to select the player and submit review. This should avoid you from dealing that player again.