How do you rank up? For me and others who have just got reach.... if your new to halo read

i’m not sure how you rank up because i did the campain on normal but i’m still private so can you give me some tips

You need more credits to rank up.
You earn a littlebit of credits from playing Campaign, but not nearly as much as you earn playing Multiplayer, so I suggest you try that. If you don’t want to play actual people, try playing Firefight Archade or something, that should probably rank you up in no time.
But I’m guessing credits will go up somewhat if you play Campaign on a harder difficulty, but still not much tho.

> But I’m guessing credits will go up somewhat if you play Campaign on a harder difficulty, but still not much tho.

There is a limit on how much cR you can get per custom game that varies on your rank. And with your rank, you wont be getting much (I can only get 230 tops per game and I’m a general grade 1). Your best bet is to play either play multiplayer or firefight online

> You need more credits to rank up.
> You earn way more credits from playing Multiplayer online. But I’m guessing credits will go up somewhat if you play on a harder difficulty, but not much tho.

This is true, but I would add that you actually gain credits for playing Reach in any way… not just multiplayer.

Every time you play Reach, you earn credits. These credits slowly cause you to “Rank Up”. You can also spend these credits on new Armor in the armory. Don’t worry, spending credits on armor DOES NOT cause you to rank down :slight_smile:

You earn different amounts of credits depending on many different things. For example, playing a campaign mission on Heroic will give you more credits than playing on Easy. You will also get credits based on how many kills you get, and how few deaths you have.

In addition to the credits you get for simply playing the game, there are also the Challenges. There are daily and weekly challenges. Completing these challenges gives you bonus credits. For example, you might get a daily challenge that says “Kill 400 enemies in any game mode in Reach”. So you can just play normally, gaining credits the way you usually would, and if you complete the challenge you’re awarded the bonus credits.

Cruel, the number of kills and difficulty doesn’t affect it on the non-matchmaking campaign. It’s the commendations.

> Cruel, the number of kills and difficulty doesn’t affect it on the non-matchmaking campaign. It’s the commendations.

I see what your saying about kills, but it’s a little bit of a semantic argument. When you get more kills, you get more credits towards commendations, so kills do give you credits, at least indirectly. (what I told you was true, from a certain point of view) :stuck_out_tongue:

As far as difficulty, does it really not effect your credit score?

> > Cruel, the number of kills and difficulty doesn’t affect it on the non-matchmaking campaign. It’s the commendations.
>
> I see what your saying about kills, but it’s a little bit of a semantic argument. When you get more kills, you get more credits towards commendations, so kills do give you credits, at least indirectly. (what I told you was true, from a certain point of view) :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> As far as difficulty, does it really not effect your credit score?

There is only game completion [your normal credits you get for any other custom game] and commendation bonus. As you get more commendations, you get less credits for them. Difficulty is nowhere there. I still get a few credits for shooting stuff in the head.

Just play. Like others said, both campaign and MM. Ive been playing Reach for aonly a week and am a Petty Officer. I suck at MM, so its a bit of a trudge-athon, but fun.

I personally completed as many challenges when i was a low rank, did campaign commendations, then Fire Fight now I play Match making.

currently sitting on NOVA

you can get a ton of credits by fire fight and forge

I don’t know about Forge, but I played a lot of Firefight when I first started XBL, mainly Arcade because of th unlimited lives. Every Thursday there are daily challenges geared towards Firefight; it’s a good time to play.