How do you handle yourselves

How do you handle yourselves when you keep getting killed by power weapons, when someone is strafing with a DMR at cqc while you have the BR, and getting killed by the same person over and over? How do you handle that? What I do is challenge the guy who kept killing me with power weapons. I rage a lot so, after the game, I send them a message saying “Lets see how you play without power weapons”. This happens every game and even when I have a good one.

How do you guys handle your anger, if you have any? My gamertag used to be “Nexus Ragez” cause it described me as raging a lot. How do you get over your anger and just a few seconds?

I don’t really care about. I might complain over the mic often, but I accept it. The DMR or even camiping is part of the game. If I too mad about the game, I’ll go play another game or Spartan Ops.

Also, I remember your GT from somewhere…

I drink gin and complain on the Internets.

What do I do?

Kill them and take the power weapon. Halo is (although to a less extent now) and always has been about power weapon control.

Getting mad at someone who killed you with a powerweapon is just as silly as getting mad at someone who killed you with a vehicle. You are supposed to control them. That doesn’t mean use them, though. If there’s a powerweapon you refuse to use because it’s OP, just pick it up so they don’t get it.

No point in blowing steam because they were playing the game correctly.

Breath.

Step back and keep your distance. Raging never allows you to win and only demoralizes your team.

I’ve played in tournaments for other games and the number one rule is to never rage at your team mates.

I like Halo 4 a lot. In fact it is my second favorite Halo game, only behind Halo: CE. The only complaint I have is the DMR needs a nerf like yesterday… So I just hardly ever use the DMR unless I am facing a team that insists on abusing it… Thats how I handle it, I fight fire with fire.

When I do badly I blame myself. I don’t rage at other players. If I keep getting killed by power weapons it means that I allowed the enemy to obtain a power weapon. If I get killed it’s because I allowed the enemy to kill me, I made a mistake. If I lose a game I blame myself and try to get better.

That is what Halo has always been about, learning from your mistakes and getter better through practice. You raging casuals are the reason why Halo 4 is the most casual Halo game to ever exist.

> When I do badly I blame myself. I don’t rage at other players. If I keep getting killed by power weapons it means that I allowed the enemy to obtain a power weapon. If I get killed it’s because I allowed the enemy to kill me, I made a mistake. If I lose a game I blame myself and try to get better.

That’s right. If I get myself killed by the same power weapon twice in a row, then its my own damn fault.

> I don’t really care about. I might complain over the mic often, but I accept it. The DMR or even camiping is part of the game. If I too mad about the game, I’ll go play another game or Spartan Ops.
>
> Also, I remember your GT from somewhere…

I change my GT almost everyday. You probably remember it from an old forum post.

@poster, how can I control someone elses ordninance? I play BTB a lot, but when I get pissed in BTB, I go to team throw down.

I swap out my BR for my pistol, remember Halo CE, and annihilate everyone.

Power weapons and the DMR are a part of the game.
I man up and start using them myself. If you can’t beat them, join them.

I always take cover and I never rush to the person who last killed me. That’s a bad tactic and will probably only get you killed once more. I play it smart and try to flush them out of cover with grenades or earn my own power weapons to use.

> > I don’t really care about. I might complain over the mic often, but I accept it. The DMR or even camiping is part of the game. If I too mad about the game, I’ll go play another game or Spartan Ops.
> >
> > Also, I remember your GT from somewhere…
>
> <mark>I change my GT almost everyday. You probably remember it from an old forum post.</mark>
>
> @poster, how can I control someone elses ordninance? I play BTB a lot, but when I get pissed in BTB, I go to team throw down.

No, I meant, I remember this GT (Nexus Ragez) from a time, where you raged at me :smiley: I think it was because of my usage of the Railgun.

Also… well, I can understand raging at team mates from time to time.
What people do sometimes is just ridiculous, for example driving around someone wih a sword in an Mongoose, then driving against a wall, and get killed. Seriously…

What bugs me is when there is too many power weapons too early like I was on Ragnarok just now and I went for the banshee and right away they had a spartan laser which I’m aware doesn’t appear till mid game but ok. So they missed a few times and I think ok they’ve fire too many shot they have to have run out but no they keep firing. Then the annoying thing come the team that lost criticizes every one for being crap now the game was laggy I could barely get a kill or defend my self properly I barely broke even.

@Seraphim Once saw a guy using a hammer on the back of a mongoose.
I handled it by putting a sniper round in his brain.

> What bugs me is when there is too many power weapons too early like I was on Ragnarok just now and I went for the banshee and right away they had a spartan laser which I’m aware doesn’t appear till mid game but ok. So they missed a few times and I think ok they’ve fire too many shot they have to have run out but no they keep firing.

That sounds like one of your opponents with the Ammo perk initially rushed the central Laser and wasn’t a very good shot with it.

I tell myself it’s all just a bad dream… that Halo 4 is just a bad dream.

Well it depends on the match. Usually i have to walk away and get a drink, cuz its just annoying.
I just ended up quitting quite a few b/c i was using the DMR and getting poor ord drops, and the other team kept getting “good” power weapons.

How I handle my anger? If I am venting a lot, I take a 10-15 minute break, go do something else that is not gaming for the time.

But, on many situations, it depends on my gun. If I have a CQC weapon, try to stick to cover and get closer to the enemy. If it’s a Carbine or Br, I strafe, as well as going in-and-out of cover. If it’s a DMR or Lightrifle, I’m in BTB.

I don’t I sit there and look at the annoying person across the map with Active Camo sniper.