How do you get pulse grenade kills?

how do you get kills with the pulse grenade? i dont think ive ever gotten 1 kill with it and i need forerunner mastery. anyone know any good gametypes?

The Pulse Grenade was one of my favorite commendations to master, and without boosting, I literally mastered it in one day of playing.

First off, I personally went to the FFA playlist available at the time(which was then Regicide, but is now Rumble Pit), but other 4v4 playlists should be good as well.

Then I used this loadout:

AR
Magnum
Pulse Grenades
Jetpack
Grenedier
Dexterity

Here is the trick to using Pulse Grenades:

To get kills with them, you have to weaken the target’s shields and then throw the Pulse Grenade at where the target’s feet will be when the Pulse Grenade lands on the ground. The Pulse Grenade will immediately explode, insta-killing the weakened enemy.

The loadout I suggested is great for this because the AR has a decent range for popping shields but you will not have to worry about accidently headshotting your targets, as I did at first with a BR. The Jetpack is great for throwing Pulse Grenades because due to the on-contact detonation of these grenades, you can fly above your enemies, weaken them with your AR, and throw a Pulse Grenade below you to kill your confused enemy. Grenadier will give you two Pulse Grenades instead of just one, giving you two chances to score a kill with one. Also, if you and an enemy are about to kill each other with a melee trade, throwing a Pulse grenade at your feet can reliably get you a kill with these as well.

Don’t worry about dying if you have to, especially if you have already used up your Pulse Grenades. Most of the time the only way to get more of them is by respawning.

Using this strategy I mastered the Pulse Grenade within about one day winning Regicide games constantly with 15+ Pulse Grenade kills as my tool of destruction. Ah, fun times.

I hope this helps you out.
-SMARTAN 427

Step 1. Be erickyboo
Or
Melee + step back + throw grenade.

Also useful when swordguy charges at you. Shoot then grenade on yourself.

I have the most pulse grenade kills according to halo tracker. #1

Take armor down and then throw it at their feet, instant kill.

Pop the shields and throw ahead of the moving target…or reverse that. It’s the most friendly grenade when it comes to CQC.

The majority of my Pulse grenade kills came out of Dominion. Specifically, in the Lockdown gamemode. Dominion returns later this month (May 12) so you can try your luck in that.

> Step 1. Be erickyboo
> Or
> Melee + step back + throw grenade.
>
> Also useful when swordguy charges at you. Shoot then grenade on yourself.
>
> I have the most pulse grenade kills according to halo tracker. #1

I see that you have mastered all the commendations! Even the mongoose…omg…kudos to that!

Throw it into a group of players, that’s usually how I get my kills with it, but I rarely use them anymore

> > Step 1. Be erickyboo
> > Or
> > Melee + step back + throw grenade.
> >
> > Also useful when swordguy charges at you. Shoot then grenade on yourself.
> >
> > I have the most pulse grenade kills according to halo tracker. #1
>
> I see that you have mastered all the commendations! Even the mongoose…omg…kudos to that!

Thank you! Other people have done it too but I guess I’m at least #1 In something! Still good for something I guess!

Really easy to get kills with.

• Take someones shields out than throw the grenade.
  • Use the radar to time the grenade right.
  • Use the perk to allow for the extra grenade.

This can help out another commedation as well, but try this loadout and I will explain why.

Primary Weapon-Storm Rifle
Secondary Weapon-Pistol of your Choice
Grenade-Pulse Grenade
Armor Ability-Thruster Pack
Tactical Package-Shielding
Support Upgrade-Recharge

Shielding and Recharge together are meant to allow to take cover (To allow your shields to recharge) and get back into combat faster(yes, the two seconds spared this way can make the difference), and the pulse grenades are primarily meant to eat away at opponents shields, however can be utilized more tactically as you want to use them for. The thruster pack is also meant to throw off an opponent in a firefight, allowing you to have increased odds of scoring kills.

So, how do you get pulse grenade kills with this? Eat the opponent’s shields away with the storm rifle, and toss at their feet(Or anticipate them moving forward or backward, that’s your call), thruster out of the line of fire if necessary, but do this and it should get you quite a bit of Pulse Grenade Kills. It oddly has worked for me and I am not even trying to get kills with them, just trying to get Storm Rifle kills while utilizing this grenade to eat shields, lol.

Other methods not previously mentioned would include:
-Pulse Grenade + Damage Boost
Doing this is usually an instant kill on an opponent who doesn’t have an overshield. Just have to hit them though with it.

-Teamwork
Simply put, use these when in a firefight and you have friends helping you. As bothered as your friends might become from getting assists, this method works as well, as the enemy’s shields would have been weakened by them which would provide the opportunity to connect a pulse grenade with an enemy and provide a kill. So if you have a handful of friends trying to master the assist commedation, teamup with them and get the best of both worlds.

Give these a try and hopefully they work out for you.

Edit: Try playing on haven as well in Team Slayer and Rumble Pit. There are a couple of Pulse Grenade Spawns on the Blue Team side if I am not mistaken, which would also allow you to get more, hence increasing your odds of kills with them.

Thank you for sharing your strategy, throughout my whole Halo 4 career i have only had 1 kill with the pulse grenade :stuck_out_tongue:

One kill? I have the most apparently.

Okay, why do I use Lightrifle, Boltshot, pulse grenade, Autosentry, prefect and promethean emblem? Because I like forerunner stuff. That’s pretty much the reason why. At first I kind of had trouble figuring it out, specially the Autosentry, but then I managed to find a good playstyle.

The most reliable way of getting Pulse Grenade kills is easily by dropping their shields first and throwing the grenade at their feet.

Literately works every time.

1. Don’t care about winning when you do it.
  2. Use whatever perk it was that lets you start with more grenades + maybe the one that makes their explosion radiuses bigger (I think that one may or may not have worked for Pulse grenades)
  3. Start with a plasma pistol and Pulses (obviously).
  4. Use the overcharge shot and then toss a Pulse at the ground they’re either standing on or moving on to (as Andycu5 said above me)

Even if you do manage to get a good amount of kills in a game doing this, you’re still probably going to die a lot (to get more pulse grenades, if nothing else) if you’re going to progress through it with any sort of speed, though. Also, it’s probably best to do a gametype that’s not dependent on kills.

Really, they should have buffed them a long time ago (or at least let you start with 2), and I’m genuinely surprised that even 343i hasn’t done this by now.

Been playing some Halo 4 today trying to get some pulse grenade kills. I did manage to get a few but I’m just not used to using them, this is going to take some time to get used to.

Why do peel talk about not expecting to win and dying a lot? I mean, look at me!

It’s my favorite grenade in Halo 4. And it is beautfiul. But highly underestimated by most people.

If you love CQB, then this grenade is your best friend. Plasmas you need to stick and can be very hard/inconsistent, but Pulse, just drop the shields (to at least 2/3), then throw at the feet. Practically guaranteed kill every time. Because of this, trust me, you should be happy people can only spawn with one.

And that’s just if you’re trying to get kills with it (which is what you’re trying to do). But I will say that it is a beautiful assist grenade too. Throw at the feet of an enemy, and 95% of their shields are gone instantly.

Seriously, a very beautiful grenade. I really do love it.

> Why do peel talk about not expecting to win and dying a lot? I mean, look at me!

You specialize in using pulse grenades just as I specialize in using the hammer :stuck_out_tongue:

two simple ways of getting pulse grenade kills:

1. Play multi-team and vote for King of the Hill. Very easy to just chuck two pulse grenades into the hill while everyone is battling for it. I recommend doing it in Multi-Team since you have more enemies all rushing the hill.

2. Use pulse grenades when boarding vehicles like Mantis and Tanks. The pulse grenade works just as well when hijacking a vehicle, and you will get a “grenade kill” once it blows up.