How do you get people to join your custom game?

I love gun game / escalation slayer but there isnt always one in the custom game browser… when I make one not a single person joins! Is it just by chance or do ppl promote their games somewhere?

1 Like

The Looking For Group feature on Xbox. You can type in what the gametype is, what day/time it starts, how many players, etc.

1 Like

I’d recommend sitting in a lobby for a while. Create the server on MCC, the game I assume you are playing, and give it about 10-15 minutes. I’d also recommend playing later in the day so as to increase your chances of actually matching with someone.

I host a lot of Reach Prop Hunt and Fiesta Slayer customs and get people to join rather quickly.

1 Like

I too would like my recently recovered Game from Xbox360 to become a big hit. There should be a featured section you could apply for or anything really. So much work put into these customs and so many people not experiencing them. I only have 150 characters to sell um!

The old fashioned way we used to do it in H3 before custom browser was to invite everyone on our recently played with list. A few might join and you can add them as friends. Keep repeating the process and you’ll end up with like 50 friends who are always on halo custom games.

Also once you get a few players in there, more will join from the custom browser because they see it isnt just 1 person in the lobby. The more players that join, the more that will want to join. The hardest part is getting to like 5+ players before people leave and the lobby dies.

1 Like