How do you feel about AR buff?

Hello all

I wanted to find out what what the Community thought about the automatic weapons (mainly AR) getting a buff in Halo 5. From the beta and the gameplay we’ve seen they’re all a good deal more powerful. Personally I don’t see it as a bad thing because the AR (and Supressor and Storm Rifle/Glowy Marshmallow Gun from Halo 4) has felt next to useless in previous games, especially Halo Reach.

The A isn’t quite as beastly as it was in the beta, but it’s still a reliable weapon. The Supressor and the Glowy Marshmallow Gun seem pretty useful as well, with the Supressor’s tracking and precision, and the GMG’s pure damage. I’ve seen that the trick to using the GMG correctly is to fire it in bursts.

> 2533274867157068;2:
> The A isn’t quite as beastly as it was in the beta, but it’s still a reliable weapon. The Supressor and the Glowy Marshmallow Gun seem pretty useful as well, with the Supressor’s tracking and precision, and the GMG’s pure damage. I’ve seen that the trick to using the GMG correctly is to fire it in bursts.

Are you using a Chrome extension, or is this some sort of joke? I’m confused right now.

Im a bit confused on what the glowy marshmallow gun is :frowning:

The AR is fantastic the way it is as the decent starter weapon. It’s not meant to be more powerful than the DMR and BR at medium to long range, but close range is its speciality.

For the first time since CE, automatic weapons are useful. I like it.

I think that if you know how to use the AR it has always been a good weapon. It is definitely meant to be used at close range, but since there is a buff to it I’ll probably be using it a lot more. The BR and DMR were definitely two weapons I would choose over the AR but now I’m not so sure.

I prefer AR starts over BR starts this time around, so I think that’s something.

Personally I adore and prefer to have a BR/DMR with me at all times but having a use for the AR/SMG seems better than what its been in previous titles. I don’t like it when guns have no equitable use in the sandbox in general so making automatic weapons useful at close to semi mid range is fine with me.

> 2535411929022404;1:
> Hello all
>
> I wanted to find out what what the Community thought about the automatic weapons (mainly AR) getting a buff in Halo 5. From the beta and the gameplay we’ve seen they’re all a good deal more powerful. Personally I don’t see it as a bad thing because the AR (and Supressor and Storm Rifle/Glowy Marshmallow Gun from Halo 4) has felt next to useless in previous games, especially Halo Reach.

In past games it was worthless unless it was at close range, which contradicts its entire purpose…which is to be a fully auto rifle. Rifle meaning medium range, not close range which is what the SMG should be for. Hopefully this time around the AR is worth using.

> 2533274857876994;3:
> > 2533274867157068;2:
> > The A isn’t quite as beastly as it was in the beta, but it’s still a reliable weapon. The Supressor and the Glowy Marshmallow Gun seem pretty useful as well, with the Supressor’s tracking and precision, and the GMG’s pure damage. I’ve seen that the trick to using the GMG correctly is to fire it in bursts.
>
>
> Are you using a Chrome extension, or is this some sort of joke? I’m confused right now.

I felt like using it instead of “Storm Rifle”. So yes, it is a joke.

> 2533274935111428;4:
> Im a bit confused on what the glowy marshmallow gun is :frowning:

> 2533274857876994;3:
> > 2533274867157068;2:
> > The A isn’t quite as beastly as it was in the beta, but it’s still a reliable weapon. The Supressor and the Glowy Marshmallow Gun seem pretty useful as well, with the Supressor’s tracking and precision, and the GMG’s pure damage. I’ve seen that the trick to using the GMG correctly is to fire it in bursts.
>
>
> Are you using a Chrome extension, or is this some sort of joke? I’m confused right now.

It’s a joke name / nickname - like people referring to the Scattershot as the “Lottery Gun” because of it’s terribly unpredictable and often unreliable spread (The times I’ve failed to get a point-blank kill because two thirds of the bullets MISSED…)

I think its fine now that the headshot multipliers have been reduced, though I am still unsure whether they were removed entirely(which they should be).

Honestly the AR and friends were good in Halo 4 as well, even pre-patch, they just are not versatile weapons so most people chose not to spawn with them unless they had the overkill perk(I forget what it was actually called). Halo 5 is continuing the trend of bring making auto’s viable weapons again. While the AR, SMG, Storm rifle are still too functionally similar for my taste(a common problem in the Halo sandbox and H5 is no exception), but at least the Suppressor has been given some personality, its accuracy at range(due to the sublte tracking) even gives me some CE Plasma Rifle vibes.

People act like precision weapons in Halo 2-Reach were the problem when in reality it was the auto weapons that were not pulling their own weight. In Halo 4 and 5 they are finally doing their jobs again and I give 343 credit where credit is due with overall sandbox balancing even if I do think there are far too many redundant weapons in the sandbox.

It’s buffed but still a good starter AR

> 2535411929022404;1:
> Hello all
>
> I wanted to find out what what the Community thought about the automatic weapons (mainly AR) getting a buff in Halo 5. From the beta and the gameplay we’ve seen they’re all a good deal more powerful. Personally I don’t see it as a bad thing because the AR (and Supressor and Storm Rifle/Glowy Marshmallow Gun from Halo 4) has felt next to useless in previous games, especially Halo Reach.

Very very very happy. also it does extra damage with unsheilded headshots

Warzones maps are going to be huge so they really should buff the assault rifle.

> 2533274823519895;6:
> For the first time since CE, automatic weapons are useful. I like it.

Word.

In all previous Halo games i found the AR to be absolutely useless.
I always found it perplexing since it was kind of Halo’s signature weapon.
I like it now that it’s useful. An assault rifle should be lethal.
I hope it’s still useful in the final version of the game.