How do you deal with early game infantry rushes?

Short of countering with my own infantry spam I can’t seem to come up with a way to counter it. Suggestions?

Rush them first is the only way

base turrets and scout vehicles

If your covernant just build the scout vehicles. If UNSC upgrade the Jack rabbit immediately.

> 2533274846307559;1:
> Short of countering with my own infantry spam I can’t seem to come up with a way to counter it. Suggestions?

I put a barracks on my 5th build pad. Pump out a few hellbringers and mix with some infantry of my own. Totally owned a team that was doing a 3 v 3 infantry rush via this strat.

Also, as others mentioned, scout vehicles are effective early game against infantry. Scout vehicles are good against early infantry, early infantry are good at taking the middle and countering some air, air is good against scout vehicles.

> 2535408601367087;2:
> Rush them first is the only way

lol how the mighty have fallen

Some scout vehicles will do you good. Jackrabbit, chopper, ghost. Back them up with some anti infantry turrets and you’re good.

I’ve only played a handful of (1v1) matches so far, but from what it looks like, infantry is very powerful in this game. Sitting back and booming to tanks/air really isn’t an option in this game since there are so many hooks to capture and infantry is a force (unlike HW1). I’d suggest building a mix of marines/snipers to deal with early infantry rushes. You don’t necessarily have to rush them back - just make sure you have a reasonable defense so you can safely grab a couple hooks, get a 2nd base, and upgrade your units.

Definitely a change-up from the first game. Still getting used to it.

> 2533274846307559;1:
> Short of countering with my own infantry spam I can’t seem to come up with a way to counter it. Suggestions?

Base turrets are too weak there needs to be a buff with firepower and health.

A infantry turrets should wreck infantry if they approached, if you got 4 of them that should kill them easily.