How do we make Halo great again?

Halo is one of the most beloved games of all times and stays true to the statement today ,but recent drops in the community population have made it less ideal area from gamers to thrive in. Halo 4 is considered by most people the worst halo multiplayer game. The addition of custom loadouts felt like a step in the wrong direction and the Halo community dropped quicker than on Halo Reach. Halo Reach had a higher population than Halo 4. Halo 5 Guardians promises to get rid of the custom loadouts and armor abilities to make it feel like classic Halo. In addition to feeling like a super soldier with the spartan abillities Halo 5 Guardians seems more promising. Still the essential Halo parts like splitscreen and playable elites have not been reintroduced. I personally think 343 is taking Halo a bit too seriously with all this competitive E-sports stuff. Sure take it serious in that sense but let the community feel free to be fun. What Halo Reach did well was Forge World. People would spend hours creating just about anything and tested it out. Armor effects were a nice little trinket that had cosmetic but not any gameplay value. In Halo 3 people were trying to figure out how to tip over the elephant the whole time. What I’m tryiing to say is that 343 should be able to get more players by incentifying different playstyles (not the Destiny way). Let’s say some one is really good with a sniper, there should something speacial like a skin or armor set for being a good sniper. When I see that guy on the battlefield I’ll know he’s good with a sniper so I would be more careful. We should have more creative methods of killing as well to spice up each match. If I ran out of ammo for my two guns there should be a button that lets you use a knife or your fists. Imagine seeing a red and a blue fistfighting each other to death. Maybe there should be weapon specific assassinations, If I assassinate someone with a sniper maybe I could hit him with my gun like a baseball bat and stab his face. Well, enough of me ranting what do you guys think would make Halo great again?

file browser. with file search.
AND
the ability to QUICKLY invite recent players,
The community is what will keep halos numbers high after launch
if there is no ability for custom games to thrive and keep people coming back to the game for its sole purpose FUN!
then the community will wither and die… much quicker

Remove sprint.

> 2535456352783754;3:
> Remove teh sprint.

Nah, less remove, more add, much wow.-Doge

Stop complaining about stupid stuff like not being able to play as elites, split screen, sprint, etc and focus on things that actually matter like game quitting penalty’s, dedicated servers, etc.

> 2535407149471660;5:
> Stop complaining about stupid stuff like not being able to play as elites, split screen, sprint, etc and focus on things that actually matter like game quitting penalty’s, dedicated servers, etc.

Because actual gameplay and content takes a backseat when it comes to complementary things?

I think it is great, so I’m just gonna kick back and enjoy.

> 2535407149471660;5:
> Stop complaining about stupid stuff like not being able to play as elites, split screen, sprint, etc and focus on things that actually matter like game quitting penalty’s, dedicated servers, etc.

“Stop having opinions of your own and instead accept that MY opinions are more important!”

-xBELTWAYx, August 8th, 2015, 4:43 PM GMT

> 2533274823519895;8:
> > 2535407149471660;5:
> > Stop complaining about stupid stuff like not being able to play as elites, split screen, sprint, etc and focus on things that actually matter like game quitting penalty’s, dedicated servers, etc.
>
>
> “Stop having opinions of your own and instead accept that MY opinions are more important!”
>
> -xBELTWAYx, August 8th, 2015, 4:43 PM GMT

History was made.

halo 5 plays fine, everything in the game fits and is balanced.

so yes i will be unhappy about;
the loss of my midnight campaign co-op party
the need for a second player to come guinea pig my forge maps with me.
the lack of sarge in campaign

But i will be very happy with;
Being able to play on a server not a host
being able to use any weapon not be relegated to just a br/dmr
having equal starts
playing on maps with fixed power weapon spawns
having to worry about map control
in playlists with a ranking system not a progression system
… just like in halo 3, but with more weapons, faster movement, better hit detection, less aim assist and built in call outs for when you have a team of mutes.
now shut up -Yoinking!- about it not being halo 3 because guess -Yoinking!- what… ITS NOT HALO 3

what i want to add to the game that isn’t confirmed to be in or not;
to return the ‘press x to party up’ option to the post game carnage report for easy party formation
bring back the file browser so we can search the servers for any uploaded gametypes, maps, screenshots and clips
add a custom lobby finder
use the cloud to render maps allowing for bigger forge maps
campaign theater mode
the ability to have no weapon equipped, if you have no secondary you should be able to switch to your fists and in custom games you can set it to have no weapon or secondary so you just punch stuff and throw grenades until you find a gun, would make infection games much more interesting

I think step one is to let 343 do whatever they want because it is their game after all. Yes, they have taken and will take feedback from the community, but all in all it is their game and we should be supportive of that and just be glad that Halo is still alive.

Want to know how to make Halo great again?

Get a better, more inclusive, less toxic community. Get people that learn to like video games for being video games, and can have fun with one. And get everyone back on mics.

> 2533274848599184;12:
> Want to know how to make Halo great again?
>
> Get a better, more inclusive, less toxic community. Get people that learn to like video games for being video games, and can have fun with one. And get everyone back on mics.

I can’t agree more. Maybe the problem doesn’t lie in the game, it lies in the community. I remember back in the old days when the community actually looked forward to the next game, instead of complaining about how much they want an unnecessary mechanic added in.

> 2535456352783754;3:
> Remove sprint.

Ugh

Save your pennies and found dev team and apply for the job and make the halo you want. Untillll thannnnn…idk what to tell you man.

A lot of ppl are pumped for halo 5. 343 never said they were giving us old halo back. Yes they said back to their roots but they were clear they have a vision and that’s why they are going to executed. Skip this era of halo and wait for the next or help shape their vision of halo

I rlly miss the good old times … halo 3 was the best!

> 2535432606872396;16:
> I rlly miss the good old times … halo 3 was the best!

Please don’t revive a year old dead thread. Check the date of the last post before you post.

> 2533275008181400;17:
> > 2535432606872396;16:
> > I rlly miss the good old times … halo 3 was the best!
>
> Please don’t revive a year old dead thread. Check the date of the last post before you post.

Halo is love , halo is live ! I will revive every thread i see … i still miss halo 3 , and 2

> 2535432606872396;18:
> > 2533275008181400;17:
> > > 2535432606872396;16:
> > > I rlly miss the good old times … halo 3 was the best!
> >
> > Please don’t revive a year old dead thread. Check the date of the last post before you post.
>
> Halo is love , halo is live ! I will revive every thread i see … i still miss halo 3 , and 2