How do modifications benefit the game?

ie Faster regen, more ammo

In what ways do they actually make the game any better?

They don’t. All they are there for is to satisfy the attention spans of the numerous 10 year olds who somehow get their hands on the game. They can’t focus for more than 5 seconds, and if they aren’t somehow adding new things constantly or changing ranks, they will quit.

more interesting encounters, play it your way, customization, stuff like that.
Don’t worry, there is a classic and MLG playlist for you.

You could say that about all features, in the end some people will like it while others will hate it. A game can only be viewed as better in your eyes.

This is the one new feature I despise

> more interesting encounters, play it your way, customization, stuff like that.
> Don’t worry, there is a classic and MLG playlist for you.

This.

You cannot hate or like a feature or even have a full opinion on it until you’ve tried it yourself. When you do try it and if you do hate it, then as DarkBlade has said, there will be a classic and MLG playlist where you can play without all these new features.

Every time a new feature is announced, people are always so quick to shoot it down. Guys, hate to say it, but you’re like medieval Christians when medicine was introduced.

How do modifications benefit the game?

I’ll comment on this after I play the game.

It only makes it better for those less skilled people.

They dont really add anything at all. Only the new ppl would use them and it’s not like we’d let them live long enough to use those extra ammo/nades/whatever well i wont anyways.

They’re there to to make 10yr olds feel like they are doing something that matters. Personally I was hoping these “perks” were things like being able to sprint/evade/superjump/ect. like an athletic version of AAs as a trade off for not being able to use equiptment.

Like get aas but lose ablitly to use equiptment and vis-versa
but as they are now they dont mean a dang thing, not even in spartan ops.

Why do people have guns? ALL these new gun gimicks make me sick, why can’t we just punch each other to death?

The only reason I can see is because 343 needed more things for people to spend Spartan Points on.

> Why do people have guns? ALL these new gun gimicks make me sick, why can’t we just punch each other to death?

you just defined crysis 2 multiplayer.

> They dont really add anything at all. Only the new ppl would use them and it’s not like we’d let them live long enough to use those extra ammo/nades/whatever well i wont anyways.
>
> They’re there to to make 10yr olds feel like they are doing something that matters. Personally I was hoping these “perks” were things like being able to sprint/evade/superjump/ect. like an athletic version of AAs as a trade off for not being able to use equiptment.
>
> Like get aas but lose ablitly to use equiptment and vis-versa
> but as they are now they dont mean a dang thing, not even in spartan ops.

You’re giving up an advantage that is within the mechanics of the game on some misguided set of principles to show that you are better than other people? Just stop.

It’s true that these modifications may be a sore issue, I personally am a bit miffed about them but would prefer to wait and see just how much they will affect the gameplay before deciding on them. But something like extra ammo? how is that something only new players would find useful?

It means you can keep your load-out gun for longer instead of snagging up a power weapon or something, if anything it encourages the more skilled players to keep their weapon of choice. To give up such advantages based on elitism is just foolish and imo, makes you seem immature. Rejecting something without giving it a chance will not get you anywhere.

I suggest doing the sensible thing and waiting for a proper report on how such modifications will affect gameplay before jumping up on your high horse. If all else fails have fun in the classic playlist.

They help you play the game the way you want to play it. 343i will probably start everyone out with something very general, like extra ammo, and players can tune their loadouts to fit their play style.

If you like running headfirst into danger at the moment it shows up, that quicker regen could help you get back into the game faster. Hopefully not too much faster, that would be too much of an advantage. Just fast enough so that you can progress from one battleground to the next without having to hide.

> > more interesting encounters, play it your way, customization, stuff like that.
> > Don’t worry, there is a classic and MLG playlist for you.
>
> This.
>
> You cannot hate or like a feature or even have a full opinion on it until you’ve tried it yourself. When you do try it and if you do hate it, then as DarkBlade has said, there will be a classic and MLG playlist where you can play without all these new features.
>
> Every time a new feature is announced, people are always so quick to shoot it down. Guys, hate to say it, but you’re like medieval Christians when medicine was introduced.

I didn’t say I hated it; I will try it before judging it, I was just trying to think of ways in which it COULD make the game better

> > > more interesting encounters, play it your way, customization, stuff like that.
> > > Don’t worry, there is a classic and MLG playlist for you.
> >
> > This.
> >
> > You cannot hate or like a feature or even have a full opinion on it until you’ve tried it yourself. When you do try it and if you do hate it, then as DarkBlade has said, there will be a classic and MLG playlist where you can play without all these new features.
> >
> > Every time a new feature is announced, people are always so quick to shoot it down. Guys, hate to say it, but you’re like medieval Christians when medicine was introduced.
>
> I didn’t say I hated it; I will try it before judging it, I was just trying to think of ways in which it COULD make the game better

Ah, my mistake then. Sorry about that.

> > They dont really add anything at all. Only the new ppl would use them and it’s not like we’d let them live long enough to use those extra ammo/nades/whatever well i wont anyways.
> >
> > They’re there to to make 10yr olds feel like they are doing something that matters. Personally I was hoping these “perks” were things like being able to sprint/evade/superjump/ect. like an athletic version of AAs as a trade off for not being able to use equiptment.
> >
> > Like get aas but lose ablitly to use equiptment and vis-versa
> > but as they are now they dont mean a dang thing, not even in spartan ops.
>
> You’re giving up an advantage that is within the mechanics of the game on some misguided set of principles to show that you are better than other people? Just stop.
>
> It’s true that these modifications may be a sore issue, I personally am a bit miffed about them but would prefer to wait and see just how much they will affect the gameplay before deciding on them. But something like extra ammo? how is that something only new players would find useful?
>
> It means you can keep your load-out gun for longer instead of snagging up a power weapon or something, if anything it encourages the more skilled players to keep their weapon of choice. To give up such advantages based on elitism is just foolish and imo, makes you seem immature. Rejecting something without giving it a chance will not get you anywhere.
>
> I suggest doing the sensible thing and waiting for a proper report on how such modifications will affect gameplay before jumping up on your high horse. If all else fails have fun in the classic playlist.

I wasnt bashing the new idea I was saying I dont see how it will affect gameplay period. It doesnt do you any good to have extra ammo or what not for a gun your going to toss for something on the map. I can see how having extra nades in usefull expecially for new players but what balances that out?

I wish the mods were a simple rock-paper-scissors type thing. I dont see that with what is presented, what i see is the possiblity of the new AA headache of 6 rocks and a piece of paper. I dont care about being elite i’d actually prefer that any addition be balanced out by something else or actually provide something that all players new and old could use equally hence I’m against COD style the more you play the better loadouts you get. I’d prefer that the mods were athletic things like sprint,evade, jump higher,you know things that have to deal with movement but be traded off by the ability to use (non offence) equiptment.

Thats what I’d prefer them to have been. But regardless of the case I’m not booting them as the are only saying I dont see how they affect the average joe at all. That where the “I’m not useing them” is coming from. They dont add anything as they are and potentialy could be the new Armor lock. (well not to that extreme)

> > > > more interesting encounters, play it your way, customization, stuff like that.
> > > > Don’t worry, there is a classic and MLG playlist for you.
> > >
> > > This.
> > >
> > > You cannot hate or like a feature or even have a full opinion on it until you’ve tried it yourself. When you do try it and if you do hate it, then as DarkBlade has said, there will be a classic and MLG playlist where you can play without all these new features.
> > >
> > > Every time a new feature is announced, people are always so quick to shoot it down. Guys, hate to say it, but you’re like medieval Christians when medicine was introduced.
> >
> > I didn’t say I hated it; I will try it before judging it, I was just trying to think of ways in which it COULD make the game better
>
> Ah, my mistake then. Sorry about that.

It’s cool, easy to assume I’m liek 99.999999999999999999% of people on here

> ie Faster regen, more ammo
>
> In what ways do they actually make the game any better?

More specific play styles, customize the way you play. That’s the way game should be, however, not to the point of COD, I don’t mind faster shield regen or more ammo, if their shield is going to regenerate that probably means that I lost that battle anyways. Also, faster shield regen will help solve a big problem in Reach, the DMR DOMINATES the battle filed, bullet magnetism and a slight lock-on/track make it dam near impossible to escape anyone’s sights.

I know plenty of times in Asylum that I would love to have a few more mags for my DMR before running out. Getting ammo for that is often hard to come by, and going to the enemy base for it usually results in death.

From what I can tell, so far, they help curve some “inconvienence” without actually having an effect in the battle itself. Extra ammo in your pouch and a faster shield regen. timer will not make a difference in the actual fighting itself.

This is going by current info from the “beta” that Louis Wu gave to us. However, everything’s subject to change. They could slap some CoD crap in here, but I doubt we’ll be getting a health/shield strength buff or make it so the BR kills in 4 shots with no recoil.